What Was Your Cat(s) Name Before You Adopted Them?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geronimo's was Lucifer. I got him from my former vet's office, who claimed he was "evil".
I'll admit he definitely has "issues" and can be a brat-cat, but I don't consider him evil. To me, he's more

Winchester's name was Augustus Caeser - Gus for short.

Gabriel was Griz.

Spencer was always Spencer: we rescued him from the WalMart parking lot. I originally was gonna name him Caruso, but he just looked like a Spencer to me.

Samurai used to be just "Little Man" when he was still a stray, but after he got sick and I brought him in to get well then ended up keeping him, I figured he should have a real name - so I named him Samurai. No particular reason - I just like the name.

BlackJack was Parker.

Salem was just Blackie.

Ricochet, Jinxy, Chiquita, & Cassidy were always the same because I had them since they were born.
(Salem's offspring, who I took in after her previous "owners" continued to let her stray & get pregnant time after time. The last time she got pregnant I had had enough.
).

My Rainbow Bridge kitties:

Maverick was always Maverick, I didn't change his name because I liked it so much and it was befitting.

Shadow was Hector.

Sterling was just Baby.

I don't recall what Damian's name was before I adopted him.

Foxy was always Foxy. My sister named him, and when she decided she no longer wanted him, I just kept the name because he was used to it.

BuffPuff & Cheeto were always BuffPuff & Cheeto. I had them since they were kittens.

I sure hope I didn't forget anyone!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynxx
and Luna we found and saved ourselves. But the vet needed a name for
Lynxx
, and we hadn't even told my father yet that we found him. So we said we needed to come up with a name when he see's him. They said they'd give him a name, and we'd change it when we brought him back for his shots/checkups. They gave him the name Robin.

The woman that found Midnight, didn't name him because she never planned on keeping him, and he was only at her house for about 12 hours before we took him home. Her little girl wanted Midnight to be named Precious.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flash has always been flash, the girl we got her from asked what she was going to be called so she would call her that

Sooty was meant to be Jet but it didnt suit him as soon as we got him and I saw him I called him sooty

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot what the breeder was calling her. How sad.

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Calvin was Carter and Hobbes was Boo Boo at their rescues.
Usually when we call them, we do so by Calvie and Hobbsie!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... the Long Beach SPCA comes up with some silly names..

Genever was Miss Boo Bear. Yeah, that had to go!!

Dorothy was Sara Sue. That had to go too, it didn't fit her at all.

Polly
was Cuddles when being bottle fed, then Rocky when she went to the farm. But really we knew she was a Polly.

Cleo
was Cleo at the shelter, and it seemed to fit so we kept it.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella was Kitty before I got her. I just thought it was too 'blah" for such a beautiful cat. She was just too beautiful, big and loving--she had to be a Bella!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Memphis was Memphis. I liked the name, and I am historically indecisive when it comes to naming cats.

Tails came to the shelter with his brother, so they were Mario (the brother) and luigi(Tails). Since I got "luigi" I knew I couldn't keep the name unless I got Mario as well.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck if I know. Mine were all abandoned/strays aside from the feral ones.
Siri even had some home that the owners spayed her. Maybe her name sounded similar because she responds to Siri so well.

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hurley was named "Billy" when he was on the animal control side of the shelter, when they transferred him to the Humane Society (no kill) side they changed it to Hurley. We liked the name Hurley and we kept it.

Pandora was "Ms. Gray". I changed her name to Pandora before her adoption was even finale.

Lilly was "Kaira". We didn't like that name, Vince liked Tiger Lilly so she became "Tiger Lilly Monster". She answers to Lilly and also Monster. LOL Sometimes I call her Lillith. Which means "night demon" in arabic.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Margo & Molly came w/ their names when I adopted them.
Lola Foofy Tail was just Lola, I added the rest.
Gumby B Bendy Cat was Camille.
The Chairman "Squishy" Meow was Bailey.
Dorian Grey was previously named Chico by us & changed because it didn't fit well.
Ophelia Rose was originally dubbed "Lola" but changed - good thing too!
(Little did I know I'd have a Lola 6 years later!)

I either named the rest as fosters or named them when I got them - they had no previous names to my knowledge.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pipsqueak was Lil Whitey!!! Well he was very little and white.

The three siblings I rescued directly from the barn were named by the owner after cars. Perla was Porsche, Perkins was Mustang, Presley was Ducati!!

Magilla was one of the family of ferals I TNRd. I originally named her Fern, but Magilla suits her much better!!!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland was Holland.
They named her at the shelter and (1) I really like the name; (2) I thought the name was very unique; and (3) I am horrible at naming animals, so I kept it. She's a Holland, that much I do know!! Whoever named her did well.

washu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Zelda's name was Shadow. I figured out why when she was fully introduced to everyone and released from the spare room. She followed me everywhere. It seemed like she was studying my routine. Sometimes she'd notice I'm getting ready to feed the dogs, so she'd go sit on the dog food container. Or I'm about to scoop the litter boxes she'd run to the bathroom and sit on the toilet lid. When I get ready to go somewhere I'd find her laying her head on my shoes. She knows it is time to let the dogs outside when I get up in the morning so she waits by the backdoor to help me supervise them.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's only Fudge who had a different name, she was Smudge and it just didn't suit her. x

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Whisper was Smoky and Bootser was Mittens. We catnapped them from the neighbors 15 years ago.

Amber Louise was Marmalade. A friend found her as a tiny little kitten and brought her to me.

Since BooBoo and Ms. Pepe were born in the house, they told us what their names should be.

And Mollipop was originally to be called Bastet, but the name just wasn't working; she was not a Bastet, no matter how hard I tried. I was singing "Lollipop, lollipop" one night while doing laundry and goofed and said "Mollipop". The lightbulb clicked on and she was Mollipop from that point on. Unless she's being bad; then her name is Schnooker-Jo. I don't know why.