What types of creatures share your home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have raccoons, an owl in our grove, a hawk eating the pheasants, the pheasants(I feed them), wandering cats, deer(when the dogs are gone), Moose if she gets loose(that's the neighbor's horse), cows if they are out to pasture, snkaes in the summer, voles, moles, mice & rats.

Then there's the people who live a mile away's recently altered Yorkie. They let him loose to roam all of the time. He broke through a window of a house of a person who lives 2 miles away from them to knock up their 2 year old Lab. They *were* going to have her bred to a purebred Lab stud, but now they have Yorkie/Lab pups. The next time the Yorkie showed up, they had him neutered. If he shows up at anyone's place again, the police told us to call animal control. The so called owners will loose their doggy.

lionessrampant, have you considered a Lab/Yorkie mix?
I guess I shouldn't joke about that. At least all of the pups have homes.

baileynyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20 gallon "hex" shape fish tank with two clown loaches and 3 neons (soon to be 6 total).........
a 9 month old chinchilla named ruppet............they seem to be fine so far, b/c Ruppert is in a cage......however, they seem very friendly b/w the bars........sniffing, curiousity.......no agression (no kitten hissing/swiping) and the chinchilla doesnt run away and hide like he should..........

not allowed to have dogs yet, we live in an apartment.............

shalva

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My one kitty ( we had two until a couple weeks ago) shares her house wtih
at present
Five Retrievers (Meghan, Connor, Cuinn, Shalva and Kaelynn)
and
Cockatoo (Bhakti)

we will be adding a litter of puppies this summer and hopefully another kitty.
S

shalva

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I would really love to have a dog one day! Trouble is, there is NO WAY you will ever get me out of the city and there is no way I will ever own a terrier or little dog.

Of course, I will inevitably work from home when I settle into a career and have absolutely no qualms with 3 trips to the dog park or beach on any given day!
I have a puppy Shana who is living on the 20th floor of a New york City highrise and doing quite well.... i have a lovely picture of her walking down broadway with her dad..... these are Retrievers.... Shana is a Flat Coated Retriever.....
S

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfur

In addition to the two cats: 1 Iguana, 2 Spotted Salamanders, 2 Tiger Salamanders, 1 Fire Salamander, 1 Northern Red Salamander, 2 Green & Black Poison Dart Frogs, 1 Veiled Chameleon, 1 Panther Chameleon (all belong to roomate); 2 Panther Chameleons, 7 Dyeing Poison Dart Frogs (3 varieties), 8 Mimic Poison Dart Frogs (2 varieties), 3 Amazon Poison Dart Frogs, 4 Rio Madiera Poison Dart Frogs, 2 Species of Roaches, other feeder bugs, and a passel of chameleon eggs.
I don't have any roaches, thank goodness! Yikes, you have a LOT of non-furred pets!

I have 3 cats inside. However, I also have 8 fosters inside currently, and 3 barn cats that I see, and I believe I have two to three more feral barn cats who I never see. (Yes, everyone is speutered!) And one dog, an akita named Misty. And two horses and a pony. No pet bugs or fishies!

What an interesting thread!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, what once was a three dog family became a four dog family over Christmas, I got a Golden Retriever puppy (Winnie)..

So: 4 dogs
3 cats

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Besides my 2 kitties, I've got 2 dogs (a pug and a pembroke corgi), 2 bunnies (angora and mini rex), 10 birds of assorted varieties (from canary to conure), 1 beta fish, 1 bearded dragon and 30 assorted chickens! And I downsized incredibly from last year!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 cats
1 new dog (poodle)

4 cats if you count the one from the neighbors who eats here every morning, if he/she officially joins the pack, that will be the 3rd cat that has jumped ship from their house to mine. I just found out that Gracie, who we thought was dumped here was from their house too.

lisakmusco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our home consists of the 5 cats (well, 4 now...still not used to that), 1 cockatoo, and a 20 gal. aquarium with roughly a dozen or so tropical fish.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfur
In addition to the two cats: 1 Iguana, 2 Spotted Salamanders, 2 Tiger Salamanders, 1 Fire Salamander, 1 Northern Red Salamander, 2 Green & Black Poison Dart Frogs, 1 Veiled Chameleon, 1 Panther Chameleon (all belong to roomate); 2 Panther Chameleons, 7 Dyeing Poison Dart Frogs (3 varieties), 8 Mimic Poison Dart Frogs (2 varieties), 3 Amazon Poison Dart Frogs, 4 Rio Madiera Poison Dart Frogs, 2 Species of Roaches, other feeder bugs, and a passel of chameleon eggs.

Oh yeah! You got amazing pets, the roaches and spotted salamanders are one of my favorite pets I had.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have five cats and two dogs, and used to keep Siamese Fighting Fish, but haven't for a while.

I'm dying for a Bengal, and I really, really want a rabbit!!

baileynyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
once we get out of this apartment, definately a puppy...............

mellanie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2 cats
1 boston terrier
1 ferret
1 ball python
3 leopard geckos
and of course my 'work kitties' who live at the clinic!

baileynyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
some pics of our cat and chinchilla.........

Robb, Steph, Bailey, & Rupert