What type of Lynx point is my kitty?

milokittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey cat lovers,

I adopted a stray kitty who is now the love of my life and I've been trying to figure out what breed he is! The woman who found him said his dad was an orange and white tabby and his mom was Siamese, but she was wrong about his age and so I'm not sure how accurate this information really is. His name is Milo and I'm pretty sure he is a lynx point Siamese but I know there are different colors like blue, seal, lilac, etc. his nose is pink lined with a darker color and the pads of his paws are a bluish grey. His tail is ringed and he has the M marking from the agouti gene that tabbies carry. Attached is a picture of my baby! Any help would be appreciated as I'm quite curious what you guys think! :)

- Joanna

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The point color is take from the points, ie the darkest parts - in practice, backside of the ears and the tail.  Its looks quite dark on the pic.  Is it black for real?  If so he is really a seal point.

But yes, its a lynx point of the siamese type, "siamese mix".   Daddy was apparently a carrier of the gene.

Last edited:

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!! you have a beautiful cat :) Lynx color points are not seen very often! What a coincidence that I also adopted a stray lynx point just a week ago! Mine looks very similar to yours accept he has a black nose and is slightly lighter! I am obviously really into my new cat right now and I've been doing lots of research on coloring 

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thinking more about it though... when the light shines on him does he have a more bluish grey tint or a warmer grey? May be a blue.. who knows
. One thing that I know for sure is that apparently if he has dark paw pads he isn't likely to be one of the lighter ones like "lilac" or "flame point" because one of their qualifying characteristics is pink paws. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milokittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the replies! Milo is between 6 and 7 months (we're not really sure right now). Your kitty is beautiful! Yes, his ears and tail are very dark, but his tail has a few lighter rings around it.

Re: personality, yes! He is SO smart. He knows how to sit and shake (although sometimes he really wants the treat and tries to do both at the same time). He is definitely very much a people person and is pretty vocal. I honestly didn't know much about them until I adopted him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milokittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ugh, sorry Stefan! I'm using my phone and it autocorrected :(

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo's very sweet! And I love that he has the white paws--I think there was someone else recently who was asking about a lynx point with "mitted" paws. We have a lynx point and a snowshoe so Milo's almost like a combination of our two, with his stripes and white paws.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some more pics...

He is a beauty 😻 He is a dsh lynx color point with mittens and he has siamese ancestry The first photos look like he is a blue point to me, but in this one i would say seal lynx point. He is a mix though and his nose looks pink clearly. Seal points have black/ dark noses and paw pads.

Here is my Quinn, a pb sealpoint siamese, you can see his M at times at the top of his mask.

F22ADF2B-3133-4965-9895-C2C1FA694016.jpeg

63D78AE9-4B70-426C-8E4E-9190054C50D0.jpeg

Last edited:

CaptainCoconu15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments