What type of cat is she?

Published_Author

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4A2BD7D7-6E78-4FE1-8FEC-77BBAEE21599.jpeg

recently got this 6 month old kitten, I have absolutely no idea what the name for her type of coat is, she’s like a grey tabby mixed with a red tabby. They said that she is a torbie, but I haven’t seen any torbies that look like her. Hoping someone can shed some light on it
1997883D-8536-46BC-B5BB-019D5758F8DD.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. As she looks very grayish tabby, so it will be diluted torbie and white.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a higher resolution version of the first picture? Her color looks more like silver patched tabby and white to me, although it's not quite clear in the first picture, and the lighting in the second picture makes it difficult to see.

Here is how to figure out if she is a silver, or dilute (blue):
  • A silver patched tabby (silver torbie) has black and red (orange) stripes on a white background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the tip of each hair is black, and base of each hair is white.
  • A blue patched tabby (dilute torbie) has gray and cream stripes on a cream or beige background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the hair is gray at the tip and at the base (although the base might be a light gray).
It's also possible to be both silver and dilute.
  • A blue silver patched tabby (dilute silver torbie) has gray and cream stripes on a white background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the tip of each hair is gray, and base of each hair is white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Published_Author

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have a higher resolution version of the first picture? Her color looks more like silver patched tabby and white to me, although it's not quite clear in the first picture, and the lighting in the second picture makes it difficult to see.

Here is how to figure out if she is a silver, or dilute (blue):
  • A silver patched tabby (silver torbie) has black and red (orange) stripes on a white background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the tip of each hair is black, and base of each hair is white.
  • A blue patched tabby (dilute torbie) has gray and cream stripes on a cream or beige background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the hair is gray at the tip and at the base (although the base might be a light gray).
It's also possible to be both silver and dilute.
  • A blue silver patched tabby (dilute silver torbie) has gray and cream stripes on a white background. When you part the hairs in areas where she has a dark stripe, the tip of each hair is gray, and base of each hair is white.
Here’s a better pictures

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This looks like silver patched tabby to me. But are the hairs white at the base?