What TV show reminds you most of your life/family?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was watching "Everybody loves Raymond" yesterday, and tRay's parents remind me so much of my parents. I've had both of my brothers call before to say "Have you seen it? It's Mom & Dad!!!"

Do you have any TV show that reminds you of your family or parts of your life?

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gilmore Girls.

My mum and I have a clsoe relationship.. and my grandmother reminds me of Emily all the time.

My mum and I thoght that up awhile ago though.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Out of Practice (think maybe it's been cancelled
) Not everything about the show, but just having so many people in the medical profession in one family. In my immediate family we have two nurses, a doctor and a dietician.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my family is a combo of soem shows. Like the simpsons and king of the hill, and little of like that 70s show. Actually we are more like My wife and Kids. My dad thinks he is so funny (he is most of the time) I am the youngest and the parents favorite, and my sister is a mix of claire and jr! LOL

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Hmmm, this is a good question. Maybe the Adams Family, for those of you who remember that show. I know they had a lion as a pet
I remember Kitty Cat!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The street I grew up on is Wisteria Lane to a T and the way all of the ladies run around scandalizing each other, so that was sort of like Desperate Housewives.

Now there are moments of Sex and the City thrown in with...a show like Grey's Anatomy but with musical instruments instead of scalpels. Seriously, the competition and the "incest" between musicians and all of the gossip and life-sharing...it's EXACTLY the same.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Hmmm, this is a good question. Maybe the Adams Family, for those of you who remember that show. I know they had a lion as a pet
Aw, you beat me to it! We (all three of us - my husband, daughter and I) have a very different sense of humour and others must wonder if we are for real at times.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up I always thought that my family was a bit like the family on "The Wonder years"

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother's always said that Pat and I remind her of "Coach", and that my brother and SIL remind her of "Mad About You". I suppose she's right.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday Night Live. I think of myself as a cross between "Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker" and "Brian Fellows".

As for cartoons, though, "Get Fuzzy" is basically my life in print.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

The street I grew up on is Wisteria Lane to a T and the way all of the ladies run around scandalizing each other, so that was sort of like Desperate Housewives.
That's scary! I have trouble relating to Desperate Housewifes, because in my culture housewifes are considered to be abnormal sissys. Here taxing etc. is based on the assumption that both parents work, being dependand on your husband is considered weird and dangerous.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Now that sounds like the neighborhood I grew up in! LOL!!!!

I really can't think of any shows that remind me of my life or family....but the Waltons is definitely like the town I live in now. We are waaaaaaay, waaaaaaay behind the times here!!!!!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone's ever seen it on here, but my family reminds me of "Keeping up appearances".. All the women are loopy (like hyacinth) and all the men just kinda let them do their own loopy thing.