What to Feed My Muffin Boy - In His Last Days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Muffin is still eating. He may not eat the same food two times, but he is still eating. I found a kind of Fancy Feast I have not seen before. It is the Classic, Tender Liver and Chicken. My boy loves it. He ate it for his supper last night, his breakfast this morning and his supper tonight. He is getting the appetite stimulant Mertipazine, every three days. I am going to continue that for a while.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking about you and Muffin today and was going to ask how he is doing. I'm glad to see an update...and that he is still eating! You holding up okay? 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just thinking about you and Muffin today and was going to ask how he is doing. I'm glad to see an update...and that he is still eating! You holding up okay?  :hugs:
Thank you. Yes, I am so glad to have found this food that it seems he really enjoys. I am doing well. Every day I just hold him, kiss him and tell him how much I love him. I am sure he knows that, having lived with us for so many years. Of course, I still have to hug Mattie too. If not, she gets this really disgusted look on her face. :lol3:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, I am so glad to have found this food that it seems he really enjoys. I am doing well. Every day I just hold him, kiss him and tell him how much I love him. I am sure he knows that, having lived with us for so many years. Of course, I still have to hug Mattie too. If not, she gets this really disgusted look on her face. :lol3:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :rub:

I'm so glad you found something he's enjoyed for more than one meal!

Continued :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, I am so glad to have found this food that it seems he really enjoys. I am doing well. Every day I just hold him, kiss him and tell him how much I love him. I am sure he knows that, having lived with us for so many years. Of course, I still have to hug Mattie too. If not, she gets this really disgusted look on her face.
Awww!  Well, give Muffin (and Mattie) ANOTHER hug and kiss from me

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, I am so glad to have found this food that it seems he really enjoys. I am doing well. Every day I just hold him, kiss him and tell him how much I love him. I am sure he knows that, having lived with us for so many years. Of course, I still have to hug Mattie too. If not, she gets this really disgusted look on her face.
I was reading your post about your beautiful boy, Muffin. It's heartbreaking.  I know how tough it must be, what you're going through.  I lost two precious cats, named Bunny and Chokes.  Although, it has been 10 years, I still miss them a lot.  I have Mittens now, but one can't replace another.  You are such a wonderful Mom to Muffin, comforting him and giving him all your love. 

Hugs and kisses for Muffins.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone. All is well. I give Muffin all the love and hugs from everyone. We take one day at the time. Muffin is eating. :clap:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spoke with Muffin's vet today. He has given me Forti Flora to sprinkle on Muffin's food. It helped last year. Fingers crossed everyone.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:cross: :hugs: :vibes: Here's to Forti Flora sprinkle success. 
Yes, he did eat well the last two meals with that over his food. I am going to ask about B-12 shots for him.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was told by the office girl that my vet doesn't do B-12 shots. I am going to ask someone else there. This morning I opened 4 cans of Fancy Feast. He ate hardly any of it. I am going to town this afternoon and want to find some other kind of wet food for him Any suggestions.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told by the office girl that my vet doesn't do B-12 shots. I am going to ask someone else there. This morning I opened 4 cans of Fancy Feast. He ate hardly any of it. I am going to town this afternoon and want to find some other kind of wet food for him Any suggestions.
Hmm...that's interesting. I wonder why not. 

The only two things Sebastian would eat after he was starting to recover from pancreatitis was was 9 Lives Real Flaked Tuna in Sauce and Purina Kitten Chow (kibble). I know it's horrible, but we needed him to eat. I weened him off of it as he got better. When I brought him home, he didn't want the 9 Lives anymore, so I don't know, but I did have to continue with the Kitten Chow for a few days. Perhaps add water to the Kitten Chow and mash it up. 
  Caesar is my extremely picky kibble addict, and he has recently taken to Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Beef Entree. It's similar to Fancy Feast, though, so it may not be different enough.

Hugs for you and Muffin.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear Muffin's tiring of the Fancy Feast.  Did you ever try the baby food suggested by GoHolistic?  

The only wet food I've managed to persuade Mouse to eat for more than 1 day in a row so far has been tinned sardines in spring water for humans)!  He only ate them for 3 days though so I was still left with half a can. Worth a go if you can find them where you are? (Mouse only gets a tea spoon morning and evening so 3 days wet food doesn't add up to much; he eats plenty biscuits tho'  and is getting a bit tubby  
 ) 

princess123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh My dear I am so sorry for Muffins and you. I cannot imagine losing my Princess so it is just some support I want to give you

maybe just try a variety of soft food that smell a lot as this may encourage Muffins to lick at food

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, I'm not sure if Mirtazapine is the kind of drug where the cat's body starts to get used to it, but what about Cyproheptadine (although this is give daily, I believe)? 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will look for some baby food today along with some different foods. I know the baby food doesn't need to have onions or garlic. He will eat his dry kibble sometimes if I feed it to him, one piece at the time.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Best Feline Friends was something I could usually get misty to eat when she wasn't eating.. it is all fish flavours though. she liked the pumpkin one best and the chicken one made both my pukes throw up for some reason. She likes any friskies pate too. Also the last bit of her "not eating" spell she would only eat Natures variety instinct kibble.

Where are you located? I have some cans (two kinds) of grain free not fish flavour food that my cats don't like for some reason.. its very 'blended' texture and I guess mine don't like that. its innova cat and kitten and ...another one I cant remember the name of (not home atm)