What To Do With My Tessie's Lock Of Fur?

tessie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello - any ideas what to do with the lock of fur I was given when my Tessie passed away? Does anyone know of any cute little storage ideas, or memorial boxes? Something small but cute. I've looked at etsy but nothing really stood out.

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought this cat “baby book” it has spots for pictures and says stuff like “One my first day with my new family I ...” then you write in what your cat did. Another section was “ My cat emotions” snd had spots fir happy, sad, sassy etc pictures of your cat. It is a good memory book And there is a spot for lock of fur to be placed in the book.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something that would be pretty easy to get would be a locket, and hang it from a framed picture of her.

But I find it very difficult to finds things like that, that really speak to me so I usually think outside of the box...Here are a couple of things I thought of.

You could place it in home made candle. Then decorate the candle with whatever (just press the decorations into the wax.) And if you would like to "use" the candle, instead of putting a wick in it when you make it, carve a section out of the top, the size of a tealight and get the "fake" tealight candle to insert in the carved top.

You could get some beautiful parchment paper, write a tribute on it then fold it up into an envelope. Place her fur inside, seal it with colored wax (you know like in the old days), that you can press with a home made stamp of a paw print, and affix it to the back of a framed photo of her or place it in any other box or container of keepsakes of her.
To make a stamp/seal you can use pretty much anything you can carve, like soap or a potato (be sure it's dry) and the like.

If I think of anything else I'll come back...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a tiny antique carnival glass cat that had two halves and opened. Like a minature chicken on a basket, except being a cat. I had all three of my babies then, Chrissy's hair was the first to go inside. When Burt died his hair went in and Casper's too. My husband and daughter know I want to be buried with it. My three beautiful babies, together all their lives, and now together for eternity......

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of placing it in a picture frame with a favorite picture of your cat. That way you csn always use the lock differently if you chose to. In the mean time, it will look attractive, be special to you and will be easy to make.