What to do if breeder is not giving TICA paperwork?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell the breeder you want to participate in Shows. For this you need the paperwork... She doesnt want her cat to be shown in the household pet class, even if the cat wont win no big prizes in the purebred class of neuters.

Anyway, its a gentle and yet fairly effective way to promt things. She does understand the wanting to be in Shows.
Depends on the situation. Some cats are sold as not for shoe, either because of poor type (which could reflect poorly on the breeder), or because their personality doesn’t suit it.

@ JBMMBJ JBMMBJ I wouldn’t recommend taking any force majeure actions at this point, especially if the litter was registered as kittens. If the breeder of your cat is genuinely reputable and just has IRL things going on that unfortunately put paperwork off, you could stand to get yourself blacklisted by many breeders, potentially for life.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show neuters are sold as such, since not all kittens are suitable, there is little point lying about showing when you never had a contract or agreement to do so.

I don’t see how you can demand money either, what is your financial loss of not having the papers? Unless such an amount was written in the contract sending a threatening letter won’t go over well and as Maurey mentioned could cause issues later on.

hopefully you’ll be able to come to a peaceful resolution

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JBMMBJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
To my understanding, the pedigree will not tell you if your cats parents are on the active register. You need to see the parents registration papers. The breeder should be able to scan a copy of the mothers registration certificate and the fathers if she also owns the stud.

To be honest, if your boy was neutered in September and she has not yet registered the litter - I doubt she will or can.
Finally my breeder sent me the litter registration paperwork, apparently she really is having issues and doesn’t have time to get the pedigree herself as of right now. I told her that in order to make it easier for her, I will be getting the pedigree myself.

As I mentioned I have the litter registration paperwork, I’m wondering if anyone here knows how I’m supposed to go about this?Do I have to submit it on the TICA website? Or how does it work?

Thank you very much!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Finally my breeder sent me the litter registration paperwork, apparently she really is having issues and doesn’t have time to get the pedigree herself as of right now. I told her that in order to make it easier for her, I will be getting the pedigree myself.

As I mentioned I have the litter registration paperwork, I’m wondering if anyone here knows how I’m supposed to go about this?Do I have to submit it on the TICA website? Or how does it work?

Thank you very much!
TICA has a place on their website to register your cats and a page with step-by-step instructions for a variety of activities including registering your cat. If those don't give you enough information to get the registration done there is an email address to contact TICA to ask questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JBMMBJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TICA has a place on their website to register your cats and a page with step-by-step instructions for a variety of activities including registering your cat. If those don't give you enough information to get the registration done there is an email address to contact TICA to ask questions.
Perfect, thank you so much for the link, I was able to do it and it went through successfully!

How long does it usually take for TICA to send the documentation once the cat has been registered on their website?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perfect, thank you so much for the link, I was able to do it and it went through successfully!

How long does it usually take for TICA to send the documentation once the cat has been registered on their website?
I don't know about TICA but it took CFA quite a few weeks, maybe at least a month if I remember right. It's been a while.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my Ragdoll from a breeder in California who has good reviews, recommendations, sold to other breeders and so on.
She seems to be a reputable breeder and very caring, however I have had a couple of issues with her along the way. Needless to say, I will not be going back to her in the future.

In the contract she provided, she stated she was going to provide TICA paperwork after receiving the spay/neuter certificate of the kitten.

I neutered my boy in September, and I still have not received anything from her.

I have been contacting her many times, and while I know from several sources that lately she has had a difficult time due to circumstances not related to breeding, I am starting to be very annoyed by this behavior. Every time I ask her to please provide the paperwork, it seems she has an excuse not to.

I was able to see the registration paperwork of my Ragdoll’s parents, but that’s not enough. I paid for that paperwork when I bought my Ragdoll and I don’t believe it’s fair for her not to provide it.

Today I will be contacting her again, and if anyone has any suggestions and tips, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you!
For Quinn his breeder gave me the pedigree registration and ancestry etc. with parents, maternal grandparents, 2 sets of maternal great grandparents and paternal grandparents with their names and registration numbers and which group they were registered with. She sent in the registration with his name as I recall. Then I called to get the official individual registration with his name, he was listed as kitten number x litter x on the other document I think. I can’t remember now.

Anyway it wasn't dependent on proof of neuter. He was neutered at 5 months because I didn't want to do it early and that is her rec also. When I spoke with the lady with the association she asked if I was going to show him etc. which I said no, not able to or interested enough to do any of that and he is a wacky cat so would not like it all either. She was so nice and also registered Sybil at the same time because she said if Syb were to get lost they could help to find her. So in some cases if you have the correct documentation and the breeder has registered the litter & kitten you may be able to do it yourself depending on the association I guess.

hortusgirlii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought my Ragdoll from a breeder in California who has good reviews, recommendations, sold to other breeders and so on.
She seems to be a reputable breeder and very caring, however I have had a couple of issues with her along the way. Needless to say, I will not be going back to her in the future.

In the contract she provided, she stated she was going to provide TICA paperwork after receiving the spay/neuter certificate of the kitten.

I neutered my boy in September, and I still have not received anything from her.

I have been contacting her many times, and while I know from several sources that lately she has had a difficult time due to circumstances not related to breeding, I am starting to be very annoyed by this behavior. Every time I ask her to please provide the paperwork, it seems she has an excuse not to.

I was able to see the registration paperwork of my Ragdoll’s parents, but that’s not enough. I paid for that paperwork when I bought my Ragdoll and I don’t believe it’s fair for her not to provide it.

Today I will be contacting her again, and if anyone has any suggestions and tips, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you!
It is possible the breeder is experiencing difficulty registering. Tica under the old system had a catastrophic backlog after a flood, and Covid, etc. The new system is up and running but old cases are still slowly being cleared.