What to buy a kitten for safe chewing? (not food)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat searches for thread by pulling it out of a blanket or under one of the perches on a tower. This might help

N-Bone Chicken Flavor Cat Chew Treats, 3.74-oz bag - Chewy.com
I would not recommend allowing a cat to pull or chew at string, especially a kitten who may swallow it by accident.

I had a cat who swallowed tinsel and she needed surgery to repair her intestine after it got tangled in her gut. Very invasive and expensive.

Please don't let kitty chew on threads or tinsel or anything else she could get tangled in her gut.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not recommend allowing a cat to pull or chew at string, especially a kitten who may swallow it by accident.

I had a cat who swallowed tinsel and she needed surgery to repair her intestine after it got tangled in her gut. Very invasive and expensive.

Please don't let kitty chew on threads or tinsel or anything else she could get tangled in her gut.
I do not let her eat any. Never have never will. Every day I check my blankets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Renne

a kitty parent
Adult Cat
Purraise
The topicstarter here. The kitten stopped being such a rodent. She doesn't even play as much as she used to! I start to suspect that she was older when I adopted her than what I was officially told (maybe because people in general prefer as young kittens as possible). She's 4 months old now, or at least that's how old she'd be if her age was real, but her growth spurt has pretty much came to a halt and her behavior has become much more mellow. I thought that it's is supposed to happen later than 4 months, maybe by 5 or 6 months?..

Anyway, I've been looking in shops at some of the suggestions and I think she won't have much trouble biting through them, really. Not even through those braided dog thingies. Her teeth are too sharp now, I can't even play with her using my hand anymore, it's extremely painful when she bites down. It's almost not normal how sharp her teeth are! Treats is the way to go... Btw one more reason why I think I was lied to about her age is her teeth, too. I've just recently checked her whole mouth (as she's mellow enough now to sit still and let me do that) and they're all in place. Shouldn't they be falling out and new teeth growing in at 4-5 months? Yet hers look like genuine adult teeth, nothing is missing and nothing looks like it's still growing out. And did I mention how sharp they were? :) I swear they weren't like that before, so it really sounds like she shed her baby teeth already and these ones are the new ones.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet should be able to tell you how old she is and if it's time to be spayed!

Cat grass might be fun for her. I would definitely not play with your hands with her any more. Cats who grow up without a sibling sometimes don't learn how to soft play bite well, and you need to redirect with a nice kicker toy or wand toy.

Kitten teeth are really sharp though! They're new and not been worn down by anything yet.