What The He** Is Fresh Step Doing?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After years of using Fresh Step, I was happy that they finally produced a low dust formula - and that I could get it in Unscented. It clumps the best for my cat, and I was elated that they got rid of most of the dust.

Now all of a sudden I noticed the 'low dust' is not 'low dust' anymore, and realized that I am getting one with Febreze in it. Has anyone else made this mistake and gotten the one with Febreze and seen the dust increase? What happened to the Unscented?

I will (futility) complain to the company about this, but was curious if anyone has noticed a change in the dust level if they happened to accidentally buy the one with Febreze.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not a Fresh Step user any longer, but I'm appreciative of the information about this since one of the other litters I'm using isn't so great either any longer. It's very helpful to know about issues prior to a purchase. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Way too many litter products, nearby me anyway, have some sort of scent added to them. Not sure it bugs Feeby any, but it does me. And, now that Fresh Step added Febreze, the dust is ridiculous - back to the way is was before a year or so ago. It is probably not a problem for Feeby either as she never covers he pee/poop up anyway - just walks through it all. But, I hate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I get it at Publix grocery store (just as cheap there as anywhere else, including Walmart). So, I am starting to think everybody is changing the product lines all the time. Probably get discounts for buying certain ones at certain times, so that is what they order. Next time, it will be some other product that they can order at discount, and so on... Walmart does that too, but I will check and see if they have the Unscented, and until they stop, Publix will lose my business at least for that product.

If you actually used the one with Febreze, did you notice the level of dust being worse than with the Unscented?

Last edited:

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think litter should not be scented. Scent is added to 'wow' the staff. It does nothing for the cat and she might find it off-putting or even physically irritating.

I avoid buying any scented product if fast all possible.