What soft cat carrier from Amazon would you recommend?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

My Hima has a few carriers but I'm looking for one that is soft but has some bed inside to keep it still. Hima is on the tall side for a tabby cat, and is 5kg (11 pounds). She's less stressed in the car if she can't see much so the carrier would be ideally not all-over open. It would be even better if the sides get open in case we ever take a long car trip.

I have my eyes on these two models if you have experience...
1636637572232.png
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FY4PNTY/?tag=thecatsite

and
1636637615859.png
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3JHXM6/?tag=thecatsite

What about these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R2FBRLG/?tag=thecatsite

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0953K7BK6/?tag=thecatsite

Or anything else you could recommend?

Cat tax 💘
OriginalPhoto-619784269.487262.jpg

Last edited:

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the top one. It is awesome, and I get complimented on it every time I go to the vet. I actually purchased a second one on the off chance both of my remaining cats need to go to the vet at the same time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the top one. It is awesome, and I get complimented on it every time I go to the vet. I actually purchased a second one on the off chance both of my remaining cats need to go to the vet at the same time.
Sounds good! do you have the Large size or Extra Large?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
If it’s in your budget, I’d highly recommend a sleepypod :) they’re very cozy for fearful cats, and can be used as a bed at home, easy.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it’s in your budget, I’d highly recommend a sleepypod :) they’re very cozy for fearful cats, and can be used as a bed at home, easy.
I’m about to check it out too, thanks for the suggestion :-)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The top one is going on my wish list. It's an improvement on the model that Krista loved. Krista's model didn't have the front and back expansions. But the side expansions were plenty for her. Krista always traveled with the sides zipped up. But when we got to the vet's office, I would expand a side so she would have space to turn around.

Sometimes more space isn't the answer though. Cats like small, cozy spaces. A carrier that just fits might provide the cat more comfort and security than one that has plenty of space for her to get jostled around within.

I would have considered a SleepyPod for Krista. But she peed every cat bed I bought for her. She may have use it once or twice the way it was intended. But soon enough, she would end up using it like a litterbox. I can't be shelling out SleepyPod money on litterboxes. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes more space isn't the answer though. Cats like small, cozy spaces. A carrier that just fits might provide the cat more comfort and security than one that has plenty of space for her to get jostled around within.
This is true and a good reminder. Hima has two different carriers currently; one backpack kind that also has wheels. That's too small for her in my opinion but it was the only size available at the time. I wanted something in case a natural disaster happens and I end up walking with Hima a long road. Her main carrier is a hard one from Ferplast. I love it very much, let me show you guys..
1636787481621.png
I got her a cute fabric cover too and use it in the taxi. This is good but Hima's size for example does not allow that water thingy. It wouldn't be comfortable for a long road.

I will feel more comfortable if she has a soft, expandable one with top door too though because now that we go to the clinic like every 2 months, Hima may start to resist getting in the carrier :-( Also good to have something a bit bigger in case we ever take a long car ride one day. Or if we go to a clinic that is far - I don't have a car and sometimes taxis give me trouble.

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also want to reiterate something on the top one. Do NOT carry your bet in this with the expansion flaps down. You pretty much cant do it with the side flaps down because the handles are attached to them. But the ends ones are not, and they are not strong enough to support a semi-large cat.