What sex is my cat?

Ash124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this my cat, 5 months old. I was told she was a girl but I'm not so sure anymore. Can anyone help me?
16182325631968717098528832526695.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a male to me, probably unneutered, given his age. The opening under his anus is too low for it to be a girl, and you can pretty distinctly see a scrotum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ash124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a male to me, probably unneutered, given his age. The opening under his anus is too low for it to be a girl, and you can pretty distinctly see a scrotum.
Is this 100%? Sorry for being doubtful but I feel a bit shocked. All this time we thought and we were told she was a girl but today randomly, I noticed what looked like balls because it was particularly sunny and I thought maybe I should ask.

I feel a bit betrayed right now 😅 as we already have a male cat whose sister passed away in a road accident and we got another female kitten to keep him company as he was acting a little sad and quiet.
It does explain why they never got along and why this kitten ^ was unnecessarily vicious.
Thanks anyway :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Also the kitten make a sort of trilling noise whenever it sees my male cat. Is that normal?
I'm not too sure on this. Best is you ask this question under this forum heading where more members frequent and those with such experience may be able to help you answer your question - cat-behavior.5

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely a boy, lol. Time to have him neutered, too! There's no reason he and your older male can't be friends if they're both neutered. I've found that males usually get along and become buddies.

Fun fact---orange cats are male about 75%-80% of the time.