What ridiculous things do you say to your cat?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the females we've had have been more likely to trill as a greeting. I think my current triller (Meep) has taught one of the boys (Chesterfield) to trill more. He was a relatively silent cat, but after she came here, he started talking more. I suppose he picked up that she got more attention when she talked to me.

lueyfufu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Krista was a triller. She would greet me as often as I greeted her. 😻

View media item 423711
Gus is a triller, too. :) I'd never heard a cat sound like that before him. My most favorite sound is the trilling purr-meows he does when he's doing his "feed me" purrs and begging at the same time while the chef is preparing his meal. ;-)

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's become a joke among my friends, I've spent too much time alone with my cat during the pandemic. We have full conversations, me talking in English and him meowing back, understand each other perfectly well, and don't really think anything of it--apparently it's quite uncanny! ;)

Case in point:

"Mrewp."
"Yeah, yeah, we haven't had visitors in a while, but you're a big boy and can share your house for a bit."
"Meow?"
"I know, bud. But she's my friend so you've gotta be nice."
"Mrow!"
"Yup, yup. You go make a stinky poop, that way she knows the apartment belongs to you, and then you come back and say hi politely."
"Meowp!"

Cat leaves, moments later there's scratching in the box in the other room, and then he returns and headbutts her for attention.

Needless to say, this friend is now convinced I'm a witch. :evilgrin:

MiloTheBlackCat

Mama of Milo and Breeze
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll just call Milo by saying "Cat". I'll walk up to him, "cat" then just start petting him :) Or sometimes I'll pick him up like a baby and just tell him that he has a little kitten face! Other than "Cat", I'll call him "Milo Kitty" in a way that sounds like "My little kitty"! :)

nwengel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sing the song “Cecilia” to her only I substitute “Oh Phoebe” in place of Cecilia. Trust me, it works!

I also speak Spanish to her (hello, how are you, and one more are the only things I know how to say). I have no idea why I started doing this, but it’s stuck and now I always greet her with “Hola, Phoebe!” I think she likes it. 😛

AE2DB9A8-5768-4309-B450-3098A0E49544.jpeg

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sing the song “Cecilia” to her only I substitute “Oh Phoebe” in place of Cecilia. Trust me, it works!

I also speak Spanish to her (hello, how are you, and one more are the only things I know how to say). I have no idea why I started doing this, but it’s stuck and now I always greet her with “Hola, Phoebe!” I think she likes it.

Tell her, "Hola bella gata!" (Hello beautiful female cat!)

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Lady Silver Belle the Destroyer, Mighty Hunter of the Grey Tiger Clan comes out of nowhere and swats at the back of my legs, I fall to the floor and bemoan my fate. "Ahh! I've been attacked from ambuscade by a most merciless carnivore. My Achilles tendon has been shredded and now I fall to my doom to be devoured by the fiercest of the Grey Tiger Clan! She falls upon me, tooth and claw. There is no escape. Soon my flesh will be stripped from my bones, my liver torn from my body and no trace of my passing shall be left. Tell my wife...tell my wife my last words were of her..."

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
After visiting the "crossing the bridge" forum, I asked arnold to promise he would never leave me.......ridiculous.

View attachment 305563
Not ridiculous. I've asked the same of Sammy, begged even in depression episodes when I have my face buried in his fur while snuggling him.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was going to skip this thread because it would be embarrassing, even amongst cat people, but why not.

I have all kinds of ridiculous things I say to him. The newest one is actually a song and it goes like this:

Booboo kitty
He's so pretty
He's a little itty bitty
Booboo kitty
He's so pretty
He's a little itty bitty
Booboo kitty
He's so pretty
He's a little itty bitty
Booboo kitty
He's so pretty
He's a little itty bitty