What ridiculous things do you say to your cat?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I come home at night, I get the cat their bowls of food and take Crickets upstairs where she's usually on her box in the bedroom or on the guest bed in the far room. Once I locate her, I say. There She Is! There's My Girl! There's My Cricket! How's My Little Cricket Girl? And other things along that line.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"I love your nose and your jellybean toes. I love your fur and the way you purr. I love your paws and your big sharp claws"

"I love every single sweet fluffy hair...like this one...and this one...and this one! I love every whisker on your face. I love every claw on your paws. I love you from your cold wet nose to the tip of your little tail"

"I love this tiny itty bitty kitty, soft and sweet and lovely and so pretty"

"What is that? Its a cat! A lovely sweet and fluffy cat"

"A cat is a purr all wrapped in fur"

"Awww what a sweet kitty! Youre a kitty. You have little triangle ears! You have a nose! Look at those paws! What a nice, top quality cat, 10/10 for being a kitty"

CatsSoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes I love to play a game where Ronnie is a lord and me with my husband are his bondmen.
Looks like he also loves this game and really starts acting like a royal person while we make the voice-over for him lol

"What are you doing, stupid hairless leud" is one of the most common Ronnie's phrases.

Yeah, we're that sick :D

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I call Rain silly names like "Prrip" because of the cute little sound that she makes... (the rr is trilled, like a Spanish double R).. She has a regular kitty meow, but she also walks around going "Prrip, prrip"! I call her "Sandpaper" because she LOVES to give me sandpaper kisses! She now thinks it's a name, because she comes when I call her that!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok spill. I can't be the only one this ridiculous :cool2:
You are not alone as others have shown.
Oliver must think my vocabulary is rather limited as it typically goes something like this:

"Aw, come here big baby. Oh, little sweety pie, what a big baby. Who's a big softy then. Who's a lazy boy". etc.etc.

So, I'm ridiculous as well. :winkcat:

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ever since getting Juliette, I randomly made up this “song” or chant, not sure what to call it...randomly at times when I see her I’ll say “it’s a kee kee KEE, kee kee KEE! A kee kee KEE, kee kee KEE,” in a sort of shrill voice LOL! Juli sort of looks at me like 😼

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"Catch that damn fly already- Oh Mighty Hunter!"

When she trots ahead of me, I sing to the tune of the William Tell Overture "Trot kitty trot kitty trot trot trot! Trot kitty trot kitty trot trot trot! Trot kitty trot kitty trot trot trot! Trot kitty kitty kitty trot trot "

When Belle swats my ankles as I'm passing through the dining room- "Ah! I have been ambushcaded by the wiliest hunter of the Grey Tiger Clan while traversing the deepest wilds of Tiger Country!" Sometimes I fall to the floor, crying "My Achilles tendons have been severed and I am crippled. Surely, there is no escape! Tell my wife... tell my wife... my last words were... of my love... for her..."

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since Bandit arrived I've more to add, oh your so soft and shiny, Baba Bandit give moma some loving come back I only want to cuddle you. Your the best Bandit cat in the whole wide world and your the best Patches cat in the whole wide world. Obviously I wouldn't want them to be jealous of each other. They are both bonnie boy's.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I often tell minish not to be ridiculous when it's completely rational what she's doing from her purrspective (asking for food soon after she's been fed, down from the screen door, back from balcony rails...)
I also say things like wow! How well you hid in that cupboard! What a jump! How fast you run! Perfect find (of treat)! While it's in the range of standard cat wits and athleticism.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the most ridiculous thing I say is to Yammy, my little chicken monster who has pieces of chicken a dozen times a day. I actually ask him if he wants chicken when he runs to the fridge and meows at me! Like really, it would be anything else after all these years!?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had so many ridiculous conversations. Here are just a couple.

(SOTU=State of the Union)
IMG_3548.jpg

(I often said she had Murphy's pooper--always when I wanted to sit down to eat a meal. 🤦‍♂️ 😹)
IMG_3597.jpg

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still find myself calling Mogi "Boyo" even though I've known she's a girl for 13 years! (Well, I was told she was a tom-cat when I picked her up at the shelter and it took a while before I started having my doubts). 🤣