What ridiculous things do you say to your cat?

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To Rain, I say, "Can I has some sandpaper kissies? Mommy wants some sandpaper kissies from her baby girl"

To Schrödinger, I sing him a little song that I call "The Good Boy Song"... "He's a good boy, yes he is; He's a good boy, yes he is; He's a good boy, yes he is. He's a really, really good boy!" He loves it, and he purrs when I sing his little song. I also call him my Boppy Boo-Boo Meezer Ish'r Booger Boy (Ish is the "PROPER" name for that wetness on a cat's nose, and he loves to stick us with it... he's an Ish'r)

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Willow eats brekky, lunchie, din-din, and her bedtime snackie. She's a pwecious wecious widda spoiled wotten pwincess, yes she is, she is.

She's very much the baby of the family even though she's going to be bigger than both of my dogs, quite possibly bigger than both of them combined.

For that matter, referring to my single childless self and pets as a "family" is probably pretty ridiculous by most people's standards.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow eats brekky, lunchie, din-din, and her bedtime snackie. She's a pwecious wecious widda spoiled wotten pwincess, yes she is, she is.

She's very much the baby of the family even though she's going to be bigger than both of my dogs, quite possibly bigger than both of them combined.

For that matter, referring to my single childless self and pets as a "family" is probably pretty ridiculous by most people's standards.
Well from my married and four kids self, I fully agree with you my pet's have always been family dogs and cat's and I prefer my cat to some of the two legged family members ;)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
After visiting the "crossing the bridge" forum, I asked arnold to promise he would never leave me.......ridiculous.

View attachment 305563
Awws. It is not silly or ridiculous, as I whisper on Bourbon's ear too the same thing.

Or, I tell her we pass this earth at the same time, together.

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grembly will randomly climb on top of the refrigerator & meow loudly for no particular reason, which can get a bit annoying pretty quickly. She did this once while a friend of mine was visiting & I apologized for the noise. My friend then says to me ‘Maybe she just wants to show you something?‘ & gets up to walk into the kitchen. I then hear her say in a very excited voice to Grembly ‘Look at you! Look at how high up you are! Good job! How’d you get so tall?’ Grembly meowed right back at my friend & then jumped down on the floor, seemingly satisfied with the conversation. Now every time Grem gets on top of the fridge, we have a lovely little ‘conversation’ & I provide lots of positive affirmations. I will also randomly ask both my girls ‘How’d you get so pretty? How is it possible to get so pretty?’

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Grembly will randomly climb on top of the refrigerator & meow loudly for no particular reason, which can get a bit annoying pretty quickly. She did this once while a friend of mine was visiting & I apologized for the noise. My friend then says to me ‘Maybe she just wants to show you something?‘ & gets up to walk into the kitchen. I then hear her say in a very excited voice to Grembly ‘Look at you! Look at how high up you are! Good job! How’d you get so tall?’ Grembly meowed right back at my friend & then jumped down on the floor, seemingly satisfied with the conversation. Now every time Grem gets on top of the fridge, we have a lovely little ‘conversation’ & I provide lots of positive affirmations. I will also randomly ask both my girls ‘How’d you get so pretty? How is it possible to get so pretty?’

Thats adorable :) as wild as they are, im convinced that sometimes they just randomly want us to male a fuss of them :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a cat....listens about as well as any of them. :lol: (actually, he's got a pretty good grasp on NO)
No is a good word and we use it too. Gibsy is an exceptional kitty. The prettiest little snuggler!
One thing I say to my largest fluff monster, who still thinks he is a tiny baby, is “ you’re just a little fella , huh?” That’s usually as I am bowed over under his weight after he has leaped into my shoulder. Unh! He loves to be rocked like a baby and finds it purr worthy to be called Bonjie baby!
I think my left shoulder is lower than the right now.
45370499-85FC-4D26-A96B-2E2C8BE1D5C3.jpeg

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This thread is hilarious. I love it.

Well, for my cats... Lately I’ve been singing them this:

The newest phrase is when I find them sleeping or in some cute position:

“Oh my god?? What child is this????”
**smooch**

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always say to Remy, "My boy!" But I say it like "ma boyy" which I think might be kind of like a Jersey or Brooklyn accent (???). He also gets, "stop being a brat!" or "why are you such a brat?" and also "you little jerk..."

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys might believe me; but, trust me, no one else would! You know the grown ups in “Charlie Brown”cartoons or the way the dog hears on the cartoon, “Rugrats”? Well that’s how I sometimes talk to my kittens! “Do do woo woo arwowo boo boo wee woo”
As Mikey said in the old 80’s movie “Look who’s talking”; “oh yeah, she’s gone” :crackup:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh this brings back an awkward memory. I'm a bit reserved about some emotions. Like I never go "aww" and make faces to a babyst when there is someone else unless it's a best friend of mine. I don't know why. Anyway.... The first time I took Hima to the vet and the vet thought she might be gravely ill. She asked me if there was anything I say to Hima often that she's familiar with so they can say that to her to decrease stress. She was going to stay at the clinic. This was the first time my cat AND me met the vet and everyone there.

So I'm standing there with full serious face, with the eyes of the vet and two vet techs on me, and knowing this is literally about life and death situation I had to say (in Turkish)

"You are the bestest kitty in the whole good kitties universe..."

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LMAO this is hilarious!

Equally guilty here...

When I get home after work I shout 'hello my lil baby bugs! Hello my lil babas!'

To Anubis : 'who's mummy's' 'iddle baby boy-boy? You are such a handsome boy, yes you are.' (invariably said whilst clutching him and kissing the top of his head).

To Feora : 'Who's my lil cute squiggly bug-ling? It's you, yes it is!' usually followed by, 'ouch stop sticking your claws in my neck!!' (she likes to ride on my shoulder / back of my neck).

To Dari : 'who's mummy's liddell gorgeous baby girlie girl? Come here lil baba.' and, quite frequently 'ugh please don't rub your nose all over my phone....'

Generally, 'who's my little tinky fluffs? 'who's my little stinky tinkys?' 'who's my little stinky babas?'

I'll just grab the straightjacket on my way out!!

:) :) :)

Last edited: