What possible breed mix is my smokey boy?

Kittykatqueen33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Adopting this little boy tommorow. You can't really tell from the pics but he has thick fur and furry paws. His colors are very interesting. He has black on his lower legs and face, and the tip of his tail. The rest is dark and light grey and almost white in some parts. His eyes are greenish yellow and he had a broad nose, and thick build. His tail is a little thick as well.

Also wanted to note.. I don't think he has "fever coat" because the foster said he started out with much more black and then gradually has lightened and changed colors.

Attachments

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
K Kittykatqueen33
Oh he is very cute❤
I think a black smoke coat possibly as fever coats tend to fade.

He would be called a domestic long hair but could possibly have long haired breeds like Ragdoll in him. His face shape looks similar to Ragdoll to me.

Keep in mind breeds were created from the general cat population but then inter bred to keep specific traits/looks.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adopting this little boy tommorow. You can't really tell from the pics but he has thick fur and furry paws. His colors are very interesting. He has black on his lower legs and face, and the tip of his tail. The rest is dark and light grey and almost white in some parts. His eyes are greenish yellow and he had a broad nose, and thick build. His tail is a little thick as well.

Also wanted to note.. I don't think he has "fever coat" because the foster said he started out with much more black and then gradually has lightened and changed colors.
What a cutie😻 I would say if his roots are white then he is black smoke maybe. He looks a little forest cat to me… but would be called a dlh.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like unsound coat/fever coat that’s starting to grow to me, given the patchiness of the lighter coat. Doesn’t look like the roots are white, either. Additionally, smoke cats aren’t born looking solid black — there’s pretty much always a tell. Black smoke involves white roots and black hair shafts, your kitten has the opposite.
Fever coat can emerge in the kitten fuzzy stage and will then be shed out. Black solid DLH, don’t see indication of breed ancestry in any meaningful capacity.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree this is how fever coat typically presents, not black smoke. He’s a solid black domestic