What pets do you have

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I haven't posted this sooner! I used to have a dog but he died back in 2006. Jazzy used to love playing with him, especially his tail
He died when he was about 14 or so, I suppose he had a good, long life
We also had two birds and they were outside in a cage hanging on a hook from the roof of the patio, looking out on it now, the old hook is still there, covered in spider webs. Anyway, one day in 2007 there must have been a big gust of wind and the cage fell down. The door sort of buckled, and one of them must have squeezed through. The other bird really was distraught, very grief-stricken. We had to get it a new cage and it is now inside, I'm sure it misses it's mate. Now we have the one bird and the two cats. Jazzy has lived with the two birds since we got her, she really wanted to hunt them back then. We sprayed her with water and she ran off. Now, whenever we leave the door open to the room with the bird in she just goes in and seems not to notice the bird. Ginga loves to try to get the bird so we have to keep her out of the room NEXT to the room with the bird in.

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

one
ztu .. and coming soon another dog
My friend has one of those, too, otherwise known as Eddy.

As for me, right now all I have are cats. But I've had dogs, pigeons, all manners of rodents, and fish.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHIH Tzu. . .so you don't get edited

I have, besides the cats:
3 dogs--a male Rott, a male GSD mix, and a female husky mix
2 rabbits, a lionhead and a lop/Dutch mix (both spayed females)
1 ferret (neutered male)
hermit crabs
2 fish tanks
4 Russian tortoises (3 females and a male)
and maybe a tiger salamander. . .he's been buried so long I'm not sure he's still alive. Usually he comes up for food every couple of weeks. I should dig him up to check. It might just be his winter inactivity

I used to have some mice, they lived about a year and a half (usual for mice, I understand) and I decided not to replace them. Stinky! When I was a kid we always had birds, but they're so messy and needy that I don't want one now.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D
gs and reptiles to go with my lone spoiled kitty.

crazybird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twobananaz

Love your tort! I have a russian also. She has free roam of the house, and the kitties love to share her 'basking area' that we call the tortoise warmer

We have
5 kitties: Bird, Waldo, Spitty, Duhb and Meatball.
1 dog: Peanut the chihuahua
1 Bearded Dragon: Bowser
1 Russian Tort
2 Midland Painted Turtles
1 Muscovy Houseduck: Quackmire

lady rowan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrazyBird

Love your tort! I have a russian also. She has free roam of the house, and the kitties love to share her 'basking area' that we call the tortoise warmer
I would so not trust my troublemakers of cats not to think my turtle as a play toy LOL, especially since she never hides in her shell.

BTW slightly off topic, where did you get your painteds? I wanted to get an eastern painted in the future, but have no clue who was reputable in selling them.

and a duck?! wow! thats cool!

crazybird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guys are so used to a menagerie of different (foster) animals, that they are for the most part extremely trustworthy with my guys that are smaller than them.... The only one they show a bit of prey drive with is the bearded dragon, so she is never out and about unless with a person.

I got my painteds on Craigslist, from someone who didn't want them anymore. One of them was in BAD shape. I'd try looking on there, first, cuz I've never had any luck finding local pet stores/breeders. I like second hand animals anyway.

Yeah, my duck is a character all her own. She lives indoors only, like a dog, and is NOT fond of the outdoors. She came to me as an injured little duckling, and against all "she's only going to be here til she heals" plans, she's here a year and a half later.....

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I just have my German Shepherd Bianca, the cats, and sugar gliders.

In the past I've owned lots of hamsters, a few mice, a guinea pig, ferrets, rats, foster rabbits, a gerbil, newts, frogs/toads, anoles, a gerbil, a ribbon snake, snails, and various types of fish such as goldfish/koi, cichlids, zebra danios, betta, tetras, guppies, and bluegills. I probably forgot some.

I miss my ratties though, and I would like to get more rats sometime soon.

ezra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by danewillow

2 Great Danes (plus a foster Dane)
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Timneh African Grey Parrot
Yellow-naped Amazon Parrot
Ferret
Boa Constrictor
Dumeril's Boa
Blood Python
2 fish tanks
And a husband

Julie
Hahahahaha nice joke. Is your husband is a pet lol??

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

My Mum has a 3 1/2 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Chevy. She takes her to work every day so she is only here at nights. I wouldn't consider her my dog, but I get to have all the fun with her without all the work.
and here is Chevy. Photo taken on Christmas day, 3 months until she turns 4.

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh, someone else with a tarantula!

Let's see, other then my three kitties, I have my dog Quinn.
I also have a tarantula, Edmund. He is a Brachypelma Smithi (aka mexican redknee) I had a dozen at one point, several of them rather poisonous, but they were given away before I got my dog. It wasn't worth the risk of her breaking into their cases, as a few of them probably could have killed her.

I had two mice up until last month. Sadie died a few weeks ago, and Penny died on Christmas. I didn't even have them a year, so it is rather sad

I also had horses growing up. Red a miniature horse, and Harry an Appaloosa cross. They live with my grandma and sister now, but they will always be my babies!

hope13135

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 dogs Buck, shepherd/rotti, Malaky, jack russell terrier (he thinks he's huge!)
Marty, chocolate lab, Scout, bull mastiff
4 cats Takeela, Lulu, Oskar,Willow
1 feral cat in "rehab", Buddy
2 Budgies, Winter, and Winnie

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 dog - Cocker Spaniel named Rosco

3 Cats - Blue, Rex, and Bear

2 Rabbits - Boonie (English Angora) and Obie (French Lop)

30 hens and 2 roosters

10 ducks