What pet insurance do you have?

OllieBoy99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did a lot of research on what pet insurance to get and requested many quotes from different companies. Thought to start a thread to help other who are considering it.

I ended up signing with lemonade for one of my cats. I paid $225 for the whole year ( I think there was a 5% discount for annual) 90% coverage and a $250 deductible, and 20k limit per year. This includes vet exam fees too which was around $34 dollars for the whole year.

I’m a student so cost was a big one.Lemonade was one of the cheaper companies I compared and read that many people were happy with them. I also looked at pets best, embrace, and Trupanion just to name a few.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's really awesome! Not available for us Canadians though.

I'm with PetSecure. I haven't had any hassle with them regarding payouts. If you want to lower deductible later then you just have to keep any pre-existing condition at the previous payout. I pay 23/month for each cat (not Nobel who had pre-existing conditions before I knew of pet insurance).

No check-up coverage but I couldn't find one with that and most had lower dental coverage then what I get. PetSecure also gives a alternative treatment allowance and device allowance on even their basic package of $500.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm with petplan for my girls (they are good, the only time they refused a payout was when the vets I use, unknown to me, put some of the euthanasia bill for my soulmate girl cat Ebony in 2018, on insurance (they don't cover euthanasia, which is fair enough)