)
Oreo(a new adoptee, chiuhaha)

And 4 fishies, who dont have names,lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think the prehistoric brain functions of spiders allow for friendly, they know eat, shelter, mate and defense, that's all nature equips them with.

It's very dangerous to handle tarantulas, they are just too delicate, they startle easily which would result in getting bitten, the spider falling and injuring itself, or both.

She's not deadly, her bite would be about like a wasp sting, but she also has urticating hairs on her abdomen, which when dislodged can cause very painful itching to your skin and severe damage to your eyes.

She is fairly docile, she doesn't get defensive with regular box maintenance, she mostly just avoids me.
So have you even been bitten? sorry, but i'm really interested in this.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A bunch of cats, a bunch of dogs. I used to have a rat(RIP), 2 cockatiels (RIP), finches (RIP). I do have fish. All freshwater. 1 - 55 gallon, 1 - 29 gallon, 1 - 15 gallon, 10 - 10 gallons and various jars with male bettas. And one of my 10 gallons is all female bettas.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

They sound adorable! Did you rescue them?

Here is my photobucket album:
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/Bethany_11/

It has pics of some of my animals on it. My cat Keisha, my bunnies, and chickens i think.
my cats were both rescues.

Miagi was in a lady's basement and she didn't want him so she gave him to us.

Tiger was dumped on a highway with another cat
and these nice people got him and the other cat and were just fostering him and we were looking for a buddy for Miagi and he was it. they told us that he had a kink in his tail and it is healed now.

for my dogs, we got them all except Ginger before we knew about adopting. we didn't buy them, we got all of them out of "free" adds. I believe if we didn't get them they would have went to the pound or worse.. especially Buster. He is a hound and he has a lot of issues but we work with him on them and he is a great dog. he just needs a little guidance and is really skiddish around new people. we are still working with him on that. I am glad he fell into our hands, because if someone else had him, they'd give up on him for sure.

my mom inherited Ginger when her mother, my grandmother passed away from cancer in 2003. She was supposed to live with my aunt and her dogs but it didn't work out so that's how we got her.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have Clio, our Siamese.
Sam, a Siamese mix from a rescue.
Pru, a feral/stray tabby we found hanging around our house, she's inside now.
Fergus, a three year old Springer Spaniel adopted through a rescue group and currently going to obedience school. We're teaching him that cats are "good kitties" at home.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Well lets C.....

Abby, 3 yr old Porkie, I mean Yorkie.

NoNo 1 yr old White and Grey Lynk female Cat
her babies

Youssarian: Red/Orange male

Tosca: grey and white female

Lazuli: Black tabby with white feet

Oreo: White with black female cat

Zuri: African Pygmy Hedgehog

Fish: Glo Fish
1. Peanut
2. Butter
3. Jelly

2 legged creatures
J'Shawn 11 yr old boy (ferrel)
Mariah 8 yr old girl semi tame
Destiny 6 yr old girl sweet as vinegar
James 35 yr old work-a-holic male. Not neutered
and of course ME...Kym...27 yr old spayed female! lol

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 8 cats -

Mister - moggie
Missy Jo - moggie
Spalding - moggie
Spritzer - moggie
Scampi Marie - moggie
Baker - moggie
Betsy Sue - moggie
Demetrius - Ocicat

and 1 dog -
Nunuk - Alaskan Malamute/Border Collie/? pound mutt

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

Just curious to what animals everyone has. You can list your kitties too.

I have my three cats of course. Keisha-siamese/ragdoll-female, Kalli-calico barn cat-female, and Sammy-black and white barn cat male.

3 dogs. I have my dog Spike, hes 7, and he is a white toy poodle. Who is in alot of pain right now.
Luke is a jack russel terrier and he will be 1august 1. (his golden birthday
) And Blackjack (previousely named), called Blacky, will be 5 at the end of june. He is a black lab.

2 hamsters. Bobbi and Billy are my dwarf hamsters. There is a boy and a girl (billy is the boy). Very cute.

12 fish. I have 12 African chichlids in my fishtank. They are agressive but nice looking fish. We only have three named. Mr. Skunk. Mrs. Skunk. and Mango. My little sister named them, very crestive

1 horse. Lea is my baby. Shes a older retired Throughbred race horse. I love her to death.

5 Rabbits. I have five baby bunnies. They are VERY cute! Only one of them are named. Her name is Oreo. Oh and the rest need names and I have a post about that, so if you have any sugesstions...

3 chickens. I have three roosters actually but same dif. Anyway they all need names too.
I 'm not too good at naming animals.

And i think thats it!
Geckos get in the house somehow and I think that my cats think that I have provided these animals for them to play with. BTW, these geckos never seem to talk like the ones on TV for some reason.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 cats
Emily
Chessy
Mia

2 turtles
Jackie
Eddie

and 1 Betta fish
Mayor Adam West

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I don't think the prehistoric brain functions of spiders allow for friendly, they know eat, shelter, mate and defense, that's all nature equips them with.

It's very dangerous to handle tarantulas, they are just too delicate, they startle easily which would result in getting bitten, the spider falling and injuring itself, or both.

She's not deadly, her bite would be about like a wasp sting, but she also has urticating hairs on her abdomen, which when dislodged can cause very painful itching to your skin and severe damage to your eyes.

She is fairly docile, she doesn't get defensive with regular box maintenance, she mostly just avoids me.
As an arachnophobe, can I ask why you have a spider as a pet? (I hope that doesn't sound too rude!
)

I have two cats (Snowball and Poppet, one white with long hair, the other white with short hair, half sisters), a hamster (Itsa) and no horse at the mo. I'm in the process of finding a loan, last summer I had Chelsea (grey ID/TBx mare, around 20) but I had to give her up due to disliking the yard she was kept at

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not rude at all.
I too am an arachnophobe, to the point of anxiety attacks

I got her to help me get over the unreasonable fear, so far, so good.
I can now see a spider in the same room and not have a panic attack, that was unreasonable.
I do still freak if a spider is on me, but there is now less chance of my heart failing because of it.

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats
Loki-DSH Grey Tabby
Mocha-Ragdoll

2 Dogs
Duke-Bloodhound/Lab Mix
Rocky-St. Bernard

2 Turtles
Franklin-Red Ear Slider
Squirtle-Red Ear Slider

7 Large Goldfish
Molly
Tiger
Spot
Jaws
Hugo
Tiny
Minnie

14 Ducks
Launchpad-Cayuga Duck
Puddles-Cayuga Duck
Quackers-Cayuga Duck
Ebony- Cayuga Duck
Waddles-Cayuga Drake
Sweetpea- Crested Duck
I also have
2 mallards,2 Silver Appleyard Ducks,4 Pekin Ducks-Just hatched 4 April, no Names yet!

34 Chickens
Speedy-Hamburg Rooster
Callie-Hamburg Hen
Fu-Ji-Pheonix Rooster
Thelma-Barred Rock Hen
Lucy-New Hamshire Red Hen
Sandy-Buff Rock Hen
Greta-Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen
Dolly-Delaware Hen
Marylin-Delaware Hen
Rosa-Black Australorp Hen
Aretha-Black Australorp Hen
Frannie-Ancona Hen
Farrah-Ancona Hen
Faith-Ancona Hen
Fae-Ancona Hen
Daisy-Auracauna Hen
Delilah-Auracauna Hen
Galaxie-Auracauna Rooster

I also have 16 Chicks hatched on 29 march, still Un-Named!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lots of animal lovers here, some of those lists are quite awsome.

I have:

2 black/white indoor female cats

1 half chow/half sheltie dog

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! ok, my list will not even compare to the other ones!! Whew. I only live in a small condo, otherwise I would have more pets

1 male siamese mix-PHX

1 male stiped something-mix-Chewbacca but I call him Chewy (right now is living with my mom back home until I figure out how to get him all the way across the united states
)

1 baby red eared slider turtle- Bud

1 snail- Gary

1 algae eater fish-I call him the "algae eater"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Not rude at all.
I too am an arachnophobe, to the point of anxiety attacks

I got her to help me get over the unreasonable fear, so far, so good.
I can now see a spider in the same room and not have a panic attack, that was unreasonable.
I do still freak if a spider is on me, but there is now less chance of my heart failing because of it.
That's quite brave of you to do to help get over your fear!
...you won't see me skydiving anytime soon to get over mine.

Spiders really aren't the type of pet you hold anyways, they're too delicate and certainly do not appreciate the attention.

There's lots of people with turtles too! I hope every one has properly researched care, turtles can be very difficult to care for. That free or cheap little turtle can easily cost you hundreds of dollars.

They must have UVB lights, proper supplements, balanced diets (a pellet only diet isn't good), and general rule for aquatic turtles is 10 gals per 1 inch of turtle. Please, do not use aquarium gravel as it is a choking and impaction hazard.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That's quite brave of you to do to help get over your fear!
...you won't see me skydiving anytime soon to get over mine.
Well, I wouldn't consider your fear unreasonable either

Bouncing on the ground and/or going splat are very real

I just always thought it was very unreasonable to be afraid to the point of hospitalization of something so relatively harmless and small.
Rationally, I know that most spiders will avoid you if they can and only bite when cornered or threatened.
Same with snakes....strangely, I've always loved snakes and have never feared them, even though they are potentionally more deadly than your average spider.