What other animals do you have?

Linseylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Other than Lola, we have a Golden Retriever named Rosie and a rabbit named Victoria. And 40 chickens.
Goodness! That’s a lot of chickens lol. I live in the city, so I can’t have chickens, but i would love to move into the country Someday!

Linseylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guess we are boring - the only other pets we have are 2 dogs. A Shetland Sheepdog named Nick and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Riley. I do have a yard full of wild creatures - family of rabbits, a ground hog I call Percy, birds galore, a rat snake and several garter snakes.
Dogs are never boring lol (I speak from experience... 😂) And sheepdogs are awesome!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Linseylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A rabbit named Peter (Found Rabbit)

Two parakeets (common Australia budgie) - I think they are Fluffy and Squishy but not 100% my niece named them and I don't think she remembers their names. They are 4 years old and live in a 10 foot long, 7 foot wide and 8 foot tall outdoor aviary. We feed them, water them, give them toys and they live their feathered lives with relatively little human interference. We got them to keep our last breeder, who was 14 years old, company in what turned out to be her last year. We bred parakeets for 8 years and had up to 40 in the aviary right before selling the babies to the local bird store (yes, bird store not pet because they are 100% birds and bird supplies). Normal population was 12-16 birds year round and we stopped breeding when our core group got too old. Most of them lived to their mid teens before passing away.

A guppy. Yes a single guppy who lives alone in a 40 gallon tank. We had a school of them but they died and we were ready to get rid of the tank. But this one guppy is a survivor and it has been two years with one guppy. We don't want to add any more and accidentally kill him with foreign bacteria at this point, plus we still want to get rid of the tank. So when he goes, the tank goes. H
Wow! Your budgies are living the dream!!!
That guppy is a Surviver all right! (Just like one of my male Dubias who just keeps going 😂)

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my first hedgehog off of craigslist, and I’m getting my new baby From Huckstar hedgehogs! They are definitely a good bit of work and preparation, but I love keeping them! Oh I love bunnies! What types are they? (My personal favorite are lion heads and the giant breeds!)
Ours are called Rex. They are certainly as big if not bigger than our cats!
I would love a hedgehog but no one sells themaround where I live. They are a protected and endangered animal in our area. So I content myself with their seasonal visits. They are adorable.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I have three dogs in addition to my four cats.

A white herding/lab dog named Lola
A Catahoula named Benito
And a black lab named Sergio.

We had a redbone named Jack, but he passed a few weeks after CiCi did

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa! I am honestly terrified of tarantulas, but I would love to get over my fear and own one some day! Cool pet!!!
well once your ready go to arachnoboards.com its a tarantula forum along with other creepy crawlies type pets. do a lil research and learn a bit more to prepare yourself do not listen to any pest store employees (petco) etc they dont know how to care for tarantulas along with selling you a bunch of uneccessary stuff

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
3 years later update to this thread

2 dogs, Ripley is 10, Nero is 13
2 cats, Scully is 3, Newt is 6
1 ferret, Veronica who is 5
1 saltwater reef tank with a clownfish
1 freshwater tank with convict cichlids
10 snakes (5 short tail pythons, 2 ball pythons, 1 western hognose, 1 boa constrictor, 1 dumerils boa)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, I love short-tailed pythons and hoggies! And, heck, dumerils too. Snakes are addictive. Are hoggies as hard to feed as their reputation indicates? What size enclosure do you have for the STPs?

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The hoggie was a pain to feed when young but now eats like a pig. She's so little and angry it's adorable. I've got a stack of 3 and 4 foot cages now, with some expansion happening next year probably.

5C314744-7370-43E2-A943-FA9D0F600D85.jpeg

my 3 biggest short tails
B727DB77-1B90-4D07-AE13-0F0F5B8CC6AF.jpeg

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One Gibsy is plenty. He covers all the bases. :flail: