What other animals do you have?

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone else may have their own small zoo or other animals besides their precious kitties? :) Do tell!

I've been an animal lover since I was a small child. My first pets were gerbils. My second a cat, then third a rabbit. Since my childhood I've had of course cats, dogs, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, mice, birds, ducks, chickens, ferrets, chinchillas and I use to ride horses everyday.

It may sound silly to some but my life would be miserable without animals! Kind of like an artist with two broken hands.

My husband and I have seriously discussed having a small farm after retirement. With silkie chickens, rabbits and small animals of the like. :) It's a dream of course. haha Maybe someday though!

I have four cats and one foster cat. (My foster leaves this week to be adopted out.) Two dogs, two ferrets and one chinchilla. I recently lost my three mice, sadly. I don't plan on anymore inside animals anytime soon because boy oh boy they are work. But I've been looking for some silkie chickens! :)

So, what other animals do you have and how many kitties?

Last edited by a moderator:

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 50ish fancy mice (only about half are named pets), 14 rats, 5 gerbils, 2 Syrian hamsters, 2 degus 4 cats (2 are outdoor cats and aren't really mine.. I feed them when they come up to my house), 2 dogs, 3 ferrets (possibly soon to be 4), and one Western Hognose snake.

I breed the mice, gerbils and rats for many goals and also use them as feeders for my cat (my other cat refuses raw), ferrets and snake.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awaiting Abyss Wow! :) Any pics of any of your hamster litters?

I've had two mice litters. It was fun! But a total accident BOTH times. The pet shop sold me two mice who I was told were female/female. Really they were female/male. So when mamma had her first litter I thought we bought her pregnant when in reality her house mate was a male, which we quickly figured out when she became pregnant again.

The second litter was a lot easier. I didn't even know she was pregnant I just thought she was super fat, until she gave birth. I joined a mouse forum much like this one and researched and had to figure everything out in a day! Thankfully forums like these can be so helpful and welcoming that I felt much ease after joining and getting all of my answers.

Anyways, sorry for rambling! If you have any pics please feel welcome to share!

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Allenkm I am so sorry to hear that! :(

mdawn1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In addition to my 3 cats, I have 2 dogs. A black Lab named Eddie and an English Mastiff named Uallis (pronounced Wallace). :)

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if this is considered a small zoo
, but I do foster dogs in addition to having six feline fur-babies. One of the dogs I just finished nursing back to health from a doggy cold, a 3 month old Dalmatian, got adopted today

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awaiting Abyss Wow! :) Any pics of any of your hamster litters?

I've had two mice litters. It was fun! But a total accident BOTH times. The pet shop sold me two mice who I was told were female/female. Really they were female/male. So when mamma had her first litter I thought we bought her pregnant when in reality her house mate was a male, which we quickly figured out when she became pregnant again.

The second litter was a lot easier. I didn't even know she was pregnant I just thought she was super fat, until she gave birth. I joined a mouse forum much like this one and researched and had to figure everything out in a day! Thankfully forums like these can be so helpful and welcoming that I felt much ease after joining and getting all of my answers.

Anyways, sorry for rambling! If you have any pics please feel welcome to share!
I don't breed hamsters. o_O
I used to take pictures of my gerbil litters, but I haven't lately.
I have too many mouse litters to photograph them. I just take photos of my favorite adult mice.
All photos can be seen on my deviantart account.
awaiting-abyss.deviantart.com

I don't have pictures on my phone (which I'm using currently), so that's why I can't just put them in this thread.

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awaiting Abyss sorry I read that wrong! haha I'll check out the photos! :)

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Carebearbaby1 All of your babies are just oh so precious!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
furmom 101, thanks so much. They're my babies, I don't know what I'd do without them, except maybe use the bathroom alone and never have to say the words, Stop eating cat poop, again. Lol

varsettie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 8, but I'm the caretaker for 15 (most are 'small animals') I currently own:

Atari, my cat

My five mice; Rocket, Icsis, Mooney, Autum, and Soot

My betta Gar

And three swordtail guppies; Natu, Merlin, and Zip (Who live with Gar and get along fine! :D)

I'm also responsible for taking care of:

My fiance's cat Fawkes

Her mother's dog Ripley

A friend's three gold fish who's name I can't remember

My mother-in-law's gold fish named Salt

and I'm baby sitting a friend's Bearded Dragon who's name is Nephthys for the next 6 months.

Last edited:

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What absolute cuties!!!!  I am looking into getting Fiona a Newfie buddy.  Do you facebook?

I have a Newfie puppy of seven months now Fiona Elise.

Last edited:

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got a bit of a zoo
3 dogs, pit mixes aged 7, 10 & 12
4 ferrets
3 rats
1 iguana
9 snakes, plus a friends 1
5 fish tanks, 4 salt, 1 fresh