What noises do your sleeping cats make?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy and Flora don't usually make any noise. Maisie breathes heavily, sometimes snores, and makes a weezy sound. She's the heavier of my 3 but she's maybe only slightly overweight.

nomeowing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats sometimes make these tiny meowing sounds, their mouth and paws move. Do cats dream? What in the world do they dream about?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton will make soft little peep sounds. His paws are curled up under his chin and he looks so adorable. :sleepycat:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carleton will make soft little peep sounds. His paws are curled up under his chin and he looks so adorable. :sleepycat:
Sir Eats-A-Lot makes noises like this sometimes. The other two are completely silent when sleeping.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are pretty quiet when they sleep. I can tell when they've hit maximum sleep zone because the purring suddenly stops. I guess cats can't purr while they are asleep.

LittlePuff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No offense meant! It is a truly hilarious name! My youngest is Ashley von Milkenstine Lowdermilk! Or LittlePuff.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats sometimes make these tiny meowing sounds, their mouth and paws move. Do cats dream? What in the world do they dream about?
cats and most mammal experience REM sleep, which is the dreaming stage for humans. so they probably dream, as for what their dreams are like it's not possible to know lol. my cat also move her paws when she's in deep sleep, and make chewing movement. maybe she dreams chasing mice or lizards then feasts on them like the brutal killer she is.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if my cat Coco had a nightmare. Or she dreams a lot. She meows and snores in her sleep then woke up and continuously mowed. It sounds like half a meow like ow, ow, ow ow quietly. She sleeps on top my couch so that awkward position makes her snore

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy usually just snores like a lawn mower, but I've heard him get sassy in his dreams before and growl. Sometimes mew, sometimes he'll make squeaky sighs/groans. He and Finny both lip smack/twitch when in a deep sleep, which is the only noise Finny makes.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night Gracie was doing some high pitched snoring right by my head/ear. I had to wake her up to make it stop so I could fall back to sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is so funny when cats make noises we associate with humans.