What Measures do you take to boost your Immune System this time of year?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this - I’ll take a look at this and make sure we stock up. Like to be as healthy as poss with a few naughty treats thrown in. I have a v sweet tooth and love chocolate too much 😬😬
me to :lol: and its before holloween still the big bags of reeses etc. are still fresh on the grocery market shelves

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this - I’ll take a look at this and make sure we stock up. Like to be as healthy as poss with a few naughty treats thrown in. I have a v sweet tooth and love chocolate too much 😬😬
Your welcome and don't be too hard on yourself. I am a junk food junkie who is trying to eat healthy and take the right supplements. It is a struggle. Remember, progress not perfection.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your welcome and don't be too hard on yourself. I am a junk food junkie who is trying to eat healthy and take the right supplements. It is a struggle. Remember, progress not perfection.
This is true and thank you 😊 I always find in the colder months I crave sugar more. Just want to snuggle up with a cup of hot tea and something sweet and watch old movies 😬😬

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
me to :lol: and its before holloween still the big bags of reeses etc. are still fresh on the grocery market shelves
I literally have to stop myself from eating the sweets I’ve got in for the trick or treaters haha! Sorry kids I got nothing cos I ate them all myself 😬😬

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I literally have to stop myself from eating the sweets I’ve got in for the trick or treaters haha! Sorry kids I got nothing cos I ate them all myself 😬😬
:lol:you mean you dont seperate all the ones you like and pass the junk ones out to the kids??

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly I fully agree! At the minute it’s all about face masks, hand sanitizer and taking as many vitamins as we can. Our neighbours tested positive for covid last week so they are isolating. Bless them they are quite elderly too which is worrying. Been getting groceries and newspapers for them and helping where we can. I think the Covid situation isn’t going anywhere anytime soon tho 😿
Thank you for going above and beyond for your elderly neighbors who have Covid 19. We need to try to keep ourselves healthy, so we can help others. Hopefully, this virus will not be a threat to us any longer, once the vaccine is made available. Let's keep our fingers crossed.🤞🤞🤞

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Exercise, getting enough sleep, getting my flu shot. If I feel like I might be coming down with something like a cold I use Zicam swabs, have a hot bath, a cup of hot cocoa and go to bed early.
Good protocol. Thanks for sharing.
We were talking about getting enough magnesium for overall health earlier in this thread. Taking a bath with Epsom salt ( which has a lot of Magnesium) is one way to get it.

Knowing our limitations and being in touch with our bodies is vital. At the first sign of a cold we can go to our medicine cabinets or vitamin shelf and treat it. Vitamin C, D and Zinc are essential. Herbs such as Elderberry, Enchinea, Golden Seal, Astragalus, and Medicinal Mushrooms have some good effects in fighting colds. I have also taken OTC stuff that is suppose to shorten the duration of the cold like Cold Ease. I have also taking Airbone effervescent tablets and ofcourse the regular cold syrups if I need them. I think that people are too preoccuppied and not listening to what is going on in their bodies and by the time they realize they need to start treating their cold --it has gotten worse.

Thanks you once again for your reply.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good protocol. Thanks for sharing.
We were talking about getting enough magnesium for overall health earlier in this thread. Taking a bath with Epsom salt ( which has a lot of Magnesium) is one way to get it.

Knowing our limitations and being in touch with our bodies is vital. At the first sign of a cold we can go to our medicine cabinets or vitamin shelf and treat it. Vitamin C, D and Zinc are essential. Herbs such as Elderberry, Enchinea, Golden Seal, Astragalus, and Medicinal Mushrooms have some good effects in fighting colds. I have also taken OTC stuff that is suppose to shorten the duration of the cold like Cold Ease. I have also taking Airbone effervescent tablets and ofcourse the regular cold syrups if I need them. I think that people are too preoccuppied and not listening to what is going on in their bodies and by the time they realize they need to start treating their cold --it has gotten worse.

Thanks you once again for your reply.
I do take a number of supplements. A multi vitamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, Vitamin B and 200 mg of Magnesium Citrate a day. Most of these are aides in managing my diabetes but the magnesium helps with having quality sleep.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I do take a number of supplements. A multi vitamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, Vitamin B and 200 mg of Magnesium Citrate a day. Most of these are aides in managing my diabetes but the magnesium helps with having quality sleep.
All good stuff. I get my ALA through flax seeds. CoQ10 is very good for heart health. I so agree with you about Magnesium, it does help with sleep, but I still need to take Melatonin. I am not a diabetic, but if I eat too much sugar I take Ceylon Cinnamon to balance out my blood levels. I seriously need to conquer my sweet tooth. It's a struggle.😬

Thanks for sharing. Have a goodnite.🙂

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not adding anything special this winter because I'd have to run anything extra or new with my midwife first, but I'm currently taking prenatal vitamins, generic folgard for extra B vitamins and folate, and baby aspirin. And I eat Greek yogurt daily. I got the flu shot and had to just get dtap again as well.

Mostly, I bank on the fact that I taught preschool for ten years and built up immunity that way (and my mom was working in a hospital when she was pregnant with me, which I credit with why I had a pretty good immune system as a child and beyond).

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not adding anything special this winter because I'd have to run anything extra or new with my midwife first, but I'm currently taking prenatal vitamins, generic folgard for extra B vitamins and folate, and baby aspirin. And I eat Greek yogurt daily. I got the flu shot and had to just get dtap again as well.

Mostly, I bank on the fact that I taught preschool for ten years and built up immunity that way (and my mom was working in a hospital when she was pregnant with me, which I credit with why I had a pretty good immune system as a child and beyond).
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I wish you all the best.

I was exposed to alot of germs when I was a child and I think it strengthen my immune system as well. The body is very adaptable for the most part. I think many people under estimate their immune systems. My friend's daughter was very sickly when she was young. She caught everything under the sun. She was sick far more than the average kid. One day the doctor asked my friend, does your child go out to play? She told him rarely. The doctor told her to get her outside everyday. Let her soak up everything: sun , fresh air, and even germs. Sure enough the girl's immune systems got stronger. She was no longer a sickly child. If she did get a cold, she got over it much more quickly than before. Today's kids spend too much time indoors, they need to get out more.

Well, I got to run. Have a good day and thank you again for your reply. 😊

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for going above and beyond for your elderly neighbors who have Covid 19. We need to try to keep ourselves healthy, so we can help others. Hopefully, this virus will not be a threat to us any longer, once the vaccine is made available. Let's keep our fingers crossed.🤞🤞🤞
Paws crossed too 🐾😽❤

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Congrats on your pregnancy and stay safe this winter ❤