What Measures do you take to boost your Immune System this time of year?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at what the percentage is for people who are Magnesium deficient, it'll really floor you!
OMG, 80% of Americans is Magnesuim Deficit! 😱😱😱 That is troubling. I am get Magnesium from my multi vitamin and because I have trouble sleeping I take Magnesium Glysinate with Lysinate in chelated form. It helps with my sleep, plus I get the benefit of Lysine which is also very good for immune health. Still SMH at that staggering statistics. YIKES!!!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I take a multi vitamin and 2000 IU of vitamin D3. I take a statin and ~ 40mg baby aspirin. Also calcium with D3.
j
Yes, vitamin D is so important. I keep hearing medical reports of how it is absolutely essential to take in the midst of this pandemic. You are doing the right thing taking it. I also take K2 with my Calcium supplements so the calcium can reach the bones, as well as Magnesuim and Boron. I don't get headaches, so I never take aspirin, but will take Tumeric if I have muscle aches or feel any inflammation happening in my body.

Thanks for your reply. It took awhile getting responses to this thread. I though no one reply and now the replies are coming in. I enjoy having conversations in regards to health, that and ofcourse the Kitties.😺😸😺

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for starting the thread! I take Holy Basil like you said it helps you deal with stress, you know that it is still there but you can deal with it with a calmer mind!!

I'll be sure to take some next week when I take Sylvester in for his twice a year "haircut", that either goes real smooth trying to catch him or it is a disaster lol!!!! :clapcat: :eek3: 😵
I hope Sylvester's day at the Groomers goes without a hitch. I have been through the wringer myself with stressful cat situations. It is no walk in the park. I will keep my 🤞cross that all goes well. Best of luck!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Sylvester's day at the Groomers goes without a hitch. I have been through the wringer myself with stressful cat situations. It is no walk in the park. I will keep my 🤞cross that all goes well. Best of luck!
Thank you! The funny thing is that he LOVES his haircuts afterwards, just doesn't like having to go there to get them I guess lol?!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! The funny thing is that he LOVES his haircuts afterwards, just doesn't like having to go there to get them I guess lol?!
Tell Sylvester if he wants to look handsome, not to give you or the groomers a hard time. lol No, but seriously, is there treats you can give him to calm him down before and after the trip to the Groomers? Anything natural that may have a calming effect on him? Well, I hope things are better this time around and Sylvester is a good boy. 😾😺😸😻

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell Sylvester if he wants to look handsome, not to give you or the groomers a hard time. lol No, but seriously, is there treats you can give him to calm him down before and after the trip to the Groomers? Anything natural that may have a calming effect on him? Well, I hope things are better this time around and Sylvester is a good boy. 😾😺😸😻
It's actually when I try to catch him to put him in the carrier that he goes nuts, if he senses what I am trying to do that is! 2 times ago I surprised him and he went in without knowing what was going on, last time he sensed the carrier and we went upstairs and downstairs over and over again until I finally caught him. But once he is in the carrier and taking him there and there he isn't bad, and we do use Jackson Galaxy's "stress relief" spray which seems to help also!

And it also is a "tip off" to him when we have to pull the food away the night before and don't feed them in the morning since he has to be fasting for it!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:i just eat alot and try to avoid contac tor be in same area of any family/ friends with elementry aged kids since they are just full of germs from going to school etc. course thats different now cause of this covid stufff . now during all this always wear mask in public areas shopping etc. wear a glove wash hand soon as i get back into the car

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually when I try to catch him to put him in the carrier that he goes nuts, if he senses what I am trying to do that is! 2 times ago I surprised him and he went in without knowing what was going on, last time he sensed the carrier and we went upstairs and downstairs over and over again until I finally caught him. But once he is in the carrier and taking him there and there he isn't bad, and we do use Jackson Galaxy's "stress relief" spray which seems to help also!

And it also is a "tip off" to him when we have to pull the food away the night before and don't feed them in the morning since he has to be fasting for it!
I tricked a stubborn kitty who had an upcoming vet visit by putting cat nip or treats in the carrier. He was getting use to going in there for a week and when the day came it was a breeze getting him in. It maybe difficult at first because Sylvester probably associates the carrier with something negative. You have to condition him so he no longer fearfully of the carrier. This will take lots of positive reinforcement.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:i just eat alot and try to avoid contac tor be in same area of any family/ friends with elementry aged kids since they are just full of germs from going to school etc. course thats different now cause of this covid stufff . now during all this always wear mask in public areas shopping etc. wear a glove wash hand soon as i get back into the car
Well, one thing is for sure with the Covid 19 pandemic---It has elevated our awareness with how easy the virus could spread and the hygeine habits that we must adapt to protect ourselves. I think this will change things for the better. I mentioned earlier the statistics of men and women who don't wash their hands. Also it has been stated 97% don't wash their hands properly. I think that those statistics will greatly change for the better because of awareness.

Thanks for doing your part. Hopefully things will get better from here on out.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for starting the thread! I take Holy Basil like you said it helps you deal with stress, you know that it is still there but you can deal with it with a calmer mind!!

I'll be sure to take some next week when I take Sylvester in for his twice a year "haircut", that either goes real smooth trying to catch him or it is a disaster lol!!!! :clapcat: :eek3: 😵
Please post a before and after picture of this and good luck 😽❤

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, one thing is for sure with the Covid 19 pandemic---It has elevated our awareness with how easy the virus could spread and the hygeine habits that we must adapt to protect ourselves. I think this will change things for the better. I mentioned earlier the statistics of men and women who don't wash their hands. Also it has been stated 97% don't wash their hands properly. I think that those statistics will greatly change for the better because of awareness.

Thanks for doing your part. Hopefully things will get better from here on out.
I’m an obsessive hand washer anyway and so is my daughter! My Mum always used to giggle at how much we wash our hands, how I always carry hand sanitizer and wipes in my bag. Now she’s fully on board 😊

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll certainly look into this. Can this be topped up with a supplement? Or is it down to diet? We don’t eat meat or fish so take quite a few supplements 😊
Sure, Magnesium supplements are readily available, just stay away from Magnesium Oxide as it is a cheap form of it and not well absorbed.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll certainly look into this. Can this be topped up with a supplement? Or is it down to diet? We don’t eat meat or fish so take quite a few supplements 😊
Both actually. I get as much as I can from my M.V., calcium complex and because I have trouble sleeping I take Magnesium Glysinate with Lysinate (Mag. +the amino acids Glycine and Lysine). This is the most absorbable Magnesium. But, Mag. Citrate and Oxide are good as well. Woman's daily recommended intake is at 320mg, while men is at 420mg.

Here is an article on the sources of food you can get Magbesium from. Hope you find this helpful.
10 Magnesium-Rich Foods That Are Super Healthy

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I’m an obsessive hand washer anyway and so is my daughter! My Mum always used to giggle at how much we wash our hands, how I always carry hand sanitizer and wipes in my bag. Now she’s fully on board 😊
Well, I think it is better to obsessive hand washer than someone who rarely washes their hands. I met a man who has OCD and frequently washes his hands. He made a funny joke about how his OCD when he comes to handwashing is finally paying off in these times. People use to tease him over his OCD habit, but no one is laughing about it now.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, Magnesium supplements are readily available, just stay away from Magnesium Oxide as it is a cheap form of it and not well absorbed.
I need to read up on this. I have a Mag. Citrate-Oxide combo in my Calcium Complex. These mass produced name brands vitamin companies always seem to go with the cheapest vitamin form. For instance, I get annoyed how many calcium complexes use the cheapest form of calcium (Carbonate). Women who have had heart attacks have been linked to this Calcium. I try to go with the plant form with Magnesium, Vitamin k2 and D3. I need to keep myself educated about these supplements. Thanks for sharing.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I just want to put up a post with some probiotics strains that were found to boost the immune system, I thought I share them with you.
Bacillus Indicus Hu36 (this is a special strain that produces antioxidents in the gut).
Bacillus Subtilis Hu58
Bacillus Subtilis DE111

I have used these probiotics and I believe they boosted my immune system. The B. Indicus has been paired with B. Subtilis in some probiotic brands, but it is not cheap, so I can't afford to buy that anymore. However I have been using the B. Subtilis DE111 strain with 10 of the most common probiotic strains and it really helped not only immune health, but gut health as well. I just wanted to share this info, in case anyone is looking for another way to boost their immunity.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I think it is better to obsessive hand washer than someone who rarely washes their hands. I met a man who has OCD and frequently washes his hands. He made a funny joke about how his OCD when he comes to handwashing is finally paying off in these times. People use to tease him over his OCD habit, but no one is laughing about it now.
Exactly I fully agree! At the minute it’s all about face masks, hand sanitizer and taking as many vitamins as we can. Our neighbours tested positive for covid last week so they are isolating. Bless them they are quite elderly too which is worrying. Been getting groceries and newspapers for them and helping where we can. I think the Covid situation isn’t going anywhere anytime soon tho 😿

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both actually. I get as much as I can from my M.V., calcium complex and because I have trouble sleeping I take Magnesium Glysinate with Lysinate (Mag. +the amino acids Glycine and Lysine). This is the most absorbable Magnesium. But, Mag. Citrate and Oxide are good as well. Woman's daily recommended intake is at 320mg, while men is at 420mg.

Here is an article on the sources of food you can get Magbesium from. Hope you find this helpful.
Thanks for this - I’ll take a look at this and make sure we stock up. Like to be as healthy as poss with a few naughty treats thrown in. I have a v sweet tooth and love chocolate too much 😬😬