What May Their Breed's Be?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first two are my new kitties, Katrina and Persia. Katrina is the short haired cat, and Persia is considered medium haired cat, according to the shelters description.

The other three pictures are of my Isabelle. She is a long haired cat. What breeds do you think any of them may be?

Thank you!

DSC_0375.JPG
DSC_0403.JPG
DSC_0860.JPG
IMG_20190224_112302.jpg
IMG_20190319_203133.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful cats! I would describe Katrina as a dilute tortoiseshell domestic shorthair (her color can also be described as "blue-cream"), Persia as a brown tabby domestic longhair (I'm assuming she is a longhair from the shelter's description), and Isabelle as a brown tabby and white domestic longhair.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not "mixes" of breeds. The majority of cats are simply domestic cats, each one with its own unique assortment of characteristics.

Genetically, cats are either longhair or shorthair, but sometimes people use the term "mediumhair" to describe a longhaired cat that doesn't have a lot of coat. Assuming that Persia is a young longhaired cat, her coat may still have some developing to do as she matures. By the time she is two years old or so, she may have a full coat more like that of Isabelle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the details with color and coat description/names! Excited that Persia will most likely be a long hair, as that is what I was hoping for, despite her being described at medium. She is just over 3 months, so still very young. It will be exciting to see how full her coat gets.