Contest What makes your kitty so adorable? (Share stories to win!)

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ANOTHER ENTRY

This is Kirchen, Kepler's sister (3/1993-9/2006). Same two parents, different litter. Kepler and Kirchen were partners in crime, LOL! Kirchen discovered the toilet paper and decided to redecorate the bathroom! We had to keep the end of the TP inside the cabinet, but she figured out how to open the cabinet and go "on a roll"! Sometimes, she would redecorate the house... 😂

Kepler picked up the same game, and would join in. When Kepler was 12, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She ended up having only one week left to live. On her last day, the very day that she was to cross the bridge, Kepler and Kirchen were in the bathroom. Kirchen came out to the living room, meowed softly at me, and led me back to the bathroom. She had spun out the toilet paper, and her dying sister Kepler had one end in her mouth and was trying her best to strut down the hall with the end of it in her mouth. That was the final memory that I have of the two of them paired up together, sharing one last game together before they had to say goodbye.

1573317158742.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ANOTHER ENTRY

This is Kirchen, Kepler's sister (3/1993-9/2006). Same two parents, different litter. Kepler and Kirchen were partners in crime, LOL! Kirchen discovered the toilet paper and decided to redecorate the bathroom! We had to keep the end of the TP inside the cabinet, but she figured out how to open the cabinet and go "on a roll"! Sometimes, she would redecorate the house... 😂

Kepler picked up the same game, and would join in. When Kepler was 12, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She ended up having only one week left to live. On her last day, the very day that she was to cross the bridge, Kepler and Kirchen were in the bathroom. Kirchen came out to the living room, meowed softly at me, and led me back to the bathroom. She had spun out the toilet paper, and her dying sister Kepler had one end in her mouth and was trying her best to strut down the hall with the end of it in her mouth. That was the final memory that I have of the two of them paired up together, sharing one last game together before they had to say goodbye.

View attachment 307098
:hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::rbheart:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

I had my heart set on a cat with spots, and was about to buy a Bengal. My mom talked me into going to a kill shelter to save a life. As soon as I walked in the cat room, I saw a saw a kitten frowning down at me from a high cage in what looked like disapproval. (DH says the look is curiosity, but I still say different.) He met the criteria of having spots and being red (at least sort of, he's buff). Our Redman had just crossed the RB, and DH wanted another red cat. That made my decision at the pound a lot easier, because of course I wanted to take everybody home with me. Speck was the only completely solid reddish cat there.

There are so many special things about Speck. He knows when a person is sick and provides comfort. He knows what it means when you say, "Speck has a beautiful chin" and will lift his head for a chin scratch. He wails mournfully when he thinks he is alone in the house. How do I know? Sometimes, DH has left and I am at home. He has to be reassured. He tries to play it off by dropping a toy at feet. See, I wasn't scared...I just wanted to bring you this green rat I caught all by myself...

Speck doesn't like other cats. He has separate living quarters. So I was horrified when I was on the phone, looked down and saw Elsie the Kitten. She was in the room with Speck! I excused myself from the conversation and put her out. She found her way back in. Speck didn't try to hurt her. It's like he knows she is little. She climbs all over him. She chases him like a lion and jumps on his back. Sometimes, he looks at me as if to say, help! He tolerates her and I think he really likes the company.

That's Speck in my signature below. He has put on a lot of weight and his spots are now elongated. No matter how much he weighs or how old he gets, he will always be my Baby Kitty. :hearthrob:

TashuCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Entry: Tashu was very easily frightened and shy when I rescued him 3 years ago. He still startles if I move too fast when he's eating, but he has become more outgoing and is the official greeter when I have company now. It is truly amazing how giving our pets love can heal them from past traumas.

Attachments

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
What makes Burdock so adorable also makes him such a PITA. He was, aside from some fosters many years ago, our first feral cat, and he has lived up (down?) to his name. He loves attention, and when he wants it, he wants it right now. His favorite trick is to get up in your lap, sit there, and work his claws on your chest, or head-butt your elbow when you are trying to eat, and he is big enough to get your full and undivided attention whenever it pleases him. All in all, quite the cat.
IMG_0320.JPG

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Pursia was quite the sassy little girl yesterday! It was cleaning day, so I picked up all the toys off the floor in the bedroom to prep for vacuuming. Persia comes in with her rabbit toy she grabbed from the living room and starts playing with it in the bedroom. I walk over to pick up the toy to throw in in the other room to get the toy and her to move. The toy is in my hands, just a few inches above the ground when she grabs it out of my hand! I take a step towards her and she walks swiftly into the living room carrying her toy, haha. It's like she that, "That's MINE, you can't take it!" Haha, it was so cute and unexpected.

Then later, she was taking a break from dinner to play with her rabbit toy again, but was ready to eat some more. She carries her toy over to the plate, drops it on the plate with food, and starts eating, haha. She's such a goof today!

I can't believe how big the kittens are getting... Katrina just made it over 5 lbs. and Persia is a few ounces behind her as of yesterday.
DSC_0791.JPG
DSC_0792.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is half adorable and half kind of concerning. I was on the phone yesterday and I noticed Elvis running through the room with something in his mouth. Then he dropped it and it went running across the floor. Wanting to stop him from swallowing a bug, which is what I thought he'd caught, I ran over to where the catch was, only to find it was a small, young lizard, who was promptly snatched up again by the Blue Jaws of Doom and taken on a frantic run down the hall. I told my phone call I might have to put the phone down, and went up to where Elvis had stopped, asking him to please drop the lizard. I had to work on him a bit, but he did drop the little guy and I immediately caught him or her and proceeded to deposit him/her in a flowerbed on the patio. (S)he seemed okay -- all limbs and tail accounted for, and I didn't see any puncture wounds before (s)he ran away under a plant. I love lizards! so I was really happy to have rescued this one from poor, frustrated, deprived Elvis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So many wonderful stories and pictures! Thank you so much, everyone!
The contest is now officially closed for submissions, but feel free to keep sharing more adorable kitty stories! We'll have the winners announced as soon as I run the random draw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Boy, am I glad this is a random choice among the entries! There's no way anyone could choose from all of these heartwarming stories and pictures :hearthrob:
The random numbers have spoken and we have our five winners!
:jump::party3::woohoo::celebrate::banana2::banana1:

Congratulations Lari Lari calico man calico man W WillowMarie ChatBlanc ChatBlanc and once again, the very lucky nurseangel nurseangel
:clap::clap::clap:

Your posts have won you each two cans of high-quality cat food by Hound & Gatos!
To claim your prize, please send a private message with your name and address to the company rep here on TCS: HoundnGatos HoundnGatos

Thank you, everyone, for sharing these wonderful moments with your kitties!

Entry:

It's another little thing, but Lelia will be going around the apartment in exploring mode, and as soon as she passes me, or if I say something to her, her tail will pop right up into the happy tail even if she's too busy to actually acknowledge me. I always feel good when that tail pops up because of me.
ENTRY
The first time I saw Lulu she was roaming in the neighbor's yard and I couldn't believe how adorable she was! Her collar said she lived two streets away, but I took her inside and gave her some tuna, which turned out to my benefit. I took her to her house and chatted with the owner who thanked me. The next day when I got home I gave a big "awww" when I pulled into my driveway as guess who was sitting on my front porch? And the next day after that? Well, needless to say her owner was gracious enough to let Lulu stay with me and three years later I am still amazed by her beauty that makes me go "awwww" every time I see her!View attachment 306307
ENTRY

The first few weeks after Persia and Katrina were home, Persia was fascinated with me cleaning the litter box. When I would start, I heard her tiny paws against the floor as she scampered over and watched with wide eyes as I scooped the box. One day she was busy and I didn't hear her come towards and wondered if she wasn't coming today, but I looked down, and there she was staring up at me! She never used the litter boxes right after cleaning, so it wasn't about waiting for them to be clean. I thought it was the cutest, although she hasn't done it for a while now.
Entry-

This story took place a good few years ago at our old house, back when we had 2 little kitties instead of 3. My cat is a Chocolate point Siamese named Sassy. Cliché name, yes, but I absolutely loved her with all of my heart. I was devastated when one day, she went missing. Even then, our cats were outdoor cats, so my mother told me I had no reason to worry unless she didn’t show up in about a day. Needless to say, she didn’t. I was a mess. As a little kid, my mind was racing. I didn't know if she was even alive, and I spent all day crying about it and looking outside to see if she'd come back. She was gone for nearly 10 days, according to my mom.

This was when our other cat came into play. He's an orange marbled tabby who belonged to my sister, named Dillon. One day while outside, Dillon seemed to be trying to get our attention, more than normal. I was still pretty upset, but still holding out hope for my little kitty. Dillon was an insistent cat. Eventually I stood up to go pet him, but he started walking off. Walking off towards our neighbor's property. Nobody can convince me that cats do not care about others. Especially not after what happened next. He stopped in front of the neighbor's shed, and almost instantly as soon as I got to it, I heard Sassy meowing. I was so relieved. Dillon in a way had saved my cat.

Now looking back on it, I really hav more questions than I asked as a kid. Why was she shut in their shed? Was it feline curiosity, or one of the pesky neighborhood children? I know cats have impressive survival skills, but 10 days in a shed with no food or water is a bit odd. My parents were talking about getting me a new cat if Sassy didn’t show up. Of course they sugar coated it. They rightfully so thought she was dead.

As heartwarming a story as this has always been to me, about how our now old man cat saved our now old lady kitty, I do have to ask who was providing her with what she needed. She wasn’t scrawny when I got my mama and we brought her back home. I brought this story up again with mom today, mostly just to make sure that it wasn’t a product of my imagination, I was much younger at the time. Her and I talked about it, and she brought to light that since she was perfectly okay, there may have been more to the story than we would ever know.

That was a very long time ago. Our cats are healthy, I rescued a kitten off of the streets a few years ago and nursed him to health, and we had one more cat added onto our family. I still am really grateful that Dillon managed to find her and lead me to where she was. He is the sweetest, and most empathetic cat I have ever known to date. As his last years are approaching, I think I'll make these the coziest years for our little feline friend. Thanks boy, from the bottom of my heart. We'll never find a cat like you again.
ENTRY:

One day, my husband and I went to a local strawberry farm, where he forced me to pick strawberries. (Yes, forced - I would rather buy them already picked by somebody else. Anybody else but me.) :lol: After a day of toiling in the fields, we sat the container of strawberries on the kitchen counter. Daisy started sitting up, staring at the strawberries, begging. We told her she wouldn't like them. She continued begging. Finally, we gave her a strawberry to prove the point and she loved it. We figure she ate wild strawberries when she was a stray and had to survive on her own. Now, we buy strawberries for her at the grocery store and I even grow them in my backyard. My rule is, she gets one to my three. It doesn't always work out.

She also loves ice. When she sees me get a red Solo cup, she heads to the refrigerator. I left some crushed ice fall on the floor for her. Elsie has even watched her and taken up the habit. When she hears the ice maker, she will run from anywhere in the house to the kitchen. She mostly plays with it, but it is super cute to see them going crazy over ice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you! All the information we send would be kept completely private, correct?