Contest What makes your kitty so adorable? (Share stories to win!)

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My Midnight does a few really cute things. First of all, whenever I walk into the room and great him by name he will always, and mean always, reply back with the cutest little brrrrrr. The other thing he does that melts my heart is that after a few minutes of petting him, he will gently hook his paw around my chin and pull me towards him. He then proceeds to give me kisses on the cheek. Funny it is always the cheek, and he starts purring up a storm. If my face is too far to grab, he will “air hook” me by stretching his paw towards my face telling me to come closer for my kisses.

Being in Canada I don’t think I quality for the prize but to want to say that Midi will be 21 years soon, and I attribute his long run to some luck but mostly to a very high protein diet. Hounds and Gatos is one of my favourite foods (and more importantly his) I am so thankful that there are cat food companies who understand this and create these amazing high quality protein foods.

my sweet old man
thumbnail_20191015_184343.jpg

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Entry
The most adorable thing about Tutu is how smart she is. She even speaks English words and knows what they mean. She says “no” and shakes her paw. She says “I wan” for I want and “I dowan” for I don’t want. Here she is saying “bath”. My videos of her talking won’t post so I will refer you to her You Tube posts - Go into You Tube and search “My Siamese kitty Tutu Jojo S” and look at the one where she says bath. It is very cute. I love my beautiful Siamese kitty very much and she is very spoiled. She has had IBD her whole life and a ruff time with medical complications but is still hanging in there
5A801A9E-86A8-4ABD-B1D0-9A26D0C05AE7.jpeg

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

When I first brought my then 4 month old OSH Grembly home, I discovered she would become noticeably upset whenever I took a shower. She would cry & pace around the bathroom until I got out. If I shut her out of the bathroom while I showered, she’d be waiting right outside the door crying. To be clear, I’d never splashed her with water or anything to that effect & never bathed her. Funny thing was, after *every single* shower, Grembly would bring me her favorite toy & place it on my feet. It was as if she was thinking I‘d just gone through this awful shower experience & wanted to comfort me with her toy! As she’s gotten older & now has a companion, this behavior has decreased substantially. Every now & again though, I’ll get out of the shower to find Grembly presenting me with one of her toys.
827EFC20-C409-44ED-BE8B-1E1CFB4B1733.jpeg

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

When I first brought my then 4 month old OSH Grembly home, I discovered she would become noticeably upset whenever I took a shower. She would cry & pace around the bathroom until I got out. If I shut her out of the bathroom while I showered, she’d be waiting right outside the door crying. To be clear, I’d never splashed her with water or anything to that effect & never bathed her. Funny thing was, after *every single* shower, Grembly would bring me her favorite toy & place it on my feet. It was as if she was thinking I‘d just gone through this awful shower experience & wanted to comfort me with her toy! As she’s gotten older & now has a companion, this behavior has decreased substantially. Every now & again though, I’ll get out of the shower to find Grembly presenting me with one of her toys.
View attachment 306264
aww what a sweet kitty

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Gibsy has his own room. Couple years ago, I was headed to bed and stopped by to tell Gibsy goodnight. Reached down to pet him and he took off like a little rocket....thinking it was play time. I flopped down on the sofa and he landed on my chest. Curled up and a minute later he was sound asleep.... 30 minutes later, I slid out from under him without disturbing him, and went to bed.
That's been standard operating procedure EVERY NIGHT since then.
I absolutely love Gibs.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an entry:
Recently I was having a bad day. I was laying down on my bed, bawling my eyes out and Lola jumped up on the bed. She started purring and rubbing my face. She normally will do this, but then she laid down on my chest and laid there until I calmed down. She has never done that before. It reminded me of therapy dogs who lay on their owners chests if they are having a panic attack. Lola knew that I'd feel better if she put weight on my chest. When she did that I started crying harder, because I don't deserve her. She is an amazing cat and I'm so thankful that I adopted her.

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
The first time I saw Lulu she was roaming in the neighbor's yard and I couldn't believe how adorable she was! Her collar said she lived two streets away, but I took her inside and gave her some tuna, which turned out to my benefit. I took her to her house and chatted with the owner who thanked me. The next day when I got home I gave a big "awww" when I pulled into my driveway as guess who was sitting on my front porch? And the next day after that? Well, needless to say her owner was gracious enough to let Lulu stay with me and three years later I am still amazed by her beauty that makes me go "awwww" every time I see her!
20180627_072022.jpg

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
The first time I saw Lulu she was roaming in the neighbor's yard and I couldn't believe how adorable she was! Her collar said she lived two streets away, but I took her inside and gave her some tuna, which turned out to my benefit. I took her to her house and chatted with the owner who thanked me. The next day when I got home I gave a big "awww" when I pulled into my driveway as guess who was sitting on my front porch? And the next day after that? Well, needless to say her owner was gracious enough to let Lulu stay with me and three years later I am still amazed by her beauty that makes me go "awwww" every time I see her!
So glad you were able to give her a permanent home! She saw the good in you and knew you were her human. <3 Glad the previous owners let you keep her. She is so gorgeous!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I adopted Fred in 1989 from a friend's sister whose cat had a litter. Fast forward to the early 1990's when I had my daughter. One day, she was about 18 months old and we were in the family room. Fred was walking with his happy tail high in the air, and my daughter toddled up behind him and grabbed his tail and pulled a little, before I could tell her "no- stop." Well he started to turn around with paw up and claws out and as soon as he saw it was my daughter he just melted and laid down on the floor on his side like a limp noodle. He just knew she was a little kid and forgave her.
Also, Fred and I had this bedtime routine where when I went to bed I had to lay on my back and he would jump on my chest, look me in the face and rock side to side 3 times then roll belly up onto my arm by my side with his feetsies in the air and purr to go to sleep.
A very sweet mellow guy. Lost him to pancreatic cancer at age 15.
I will find a picture.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Seal is an ex-feral I have had for almost 4 years. He is the sweetest little guy ever and has stolen my heart! When he lies on the back of a chair and I lean over, he will stretch out his neck and press the top of his head against my mouth so I can give him a kiss. :redheartpump: I try to spread my kisses out evenly among my guys, but I think he might get the most.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

The first few weeks after Persia and Katrina were home, Persia was fascinated with me cleaning the litter box. When I would start, I heard her tiny paws against the floor as she scampered over and watched with wide eyes as I scooped the box. One day she was busy and I didn't hear her come towards and wondered if she wasn't coming today, but I looked down, and there she was staring up at me! She never used the litter boxes right after cleaning, so it wasn't about waiting for them to be clean. I thought it was the cutest, although she hasn't done it for a while now.

ChatBlanc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Entry-

This story took place a good few years ago at our old house, back when we had 2 little kitties instead of 3. My cat is a Chocolate point Siamese named Sassy. Cliché name, yes, but I absolutely loved her with all of my heart. I was devastated when one day, she went missing. Even then, our cats were outdoor cats, so my mother told me I had no reason to worry unless she didn’t show up in about a day. Needless to say, she didn’t. I was a mess. As a little kid, my mind was racing. I didn't know if she was even alive, and I spent all day crying about it and looking outside to see if she'd come back. She was gone for nearly 10 days, according to my mom.

This was when our other cat came into play. He's an orange marbled tabby who belonged to my sister, named Dillon. One day while outside, Dillon seemed to be trying to get our attention, more than normal. I was still pretty upset, but still holding out hope for my little kitty. Dillon was an insistent cat. Eventually I stood up to go pet him, but he started walking off. Walking off towards our neighbor's property. Nobody can convince me that cats do not care about others. Especially not after what happened next. He stopped in front of the neighbor's shed, and almost instantly as soon as I got to it, I heard Sassy meowing. I was so relieved. Dillon in a way had saved my cat.

Now looking back on it, I really hav more questions than I asked as a kid. Why was she shut in their shed? Was it feline curiosity, or one of the pesky neighborhood children? I know cats have impressive survival skills, but 10 days in a shed with no food or water is a bit odd. My parents were talking about getting me a new cat if Sassy didn’t show up. Of course they sugar coated it. They rightfully so thought she was dead.

As heartwarming a story as this has always been to me, about how our now old man cat saved our now old lady kitty, I do have to ask who was providing her with what she needed. She wasn’t scrawny when I got my mama and we brought her back home. I brought this story up again with mom today, mostly just to make sure that it wasn’t a product of my imagination, I was much younger at the time. Her and I talked about it, and she brought to light that since she was perfectly okay, there may have been more to the story than we would ever know.

That was a very long time ago. Our cats are healthy, I rescued a kitten off of the streets a few years ago and nursed him to health, and we had one more cat added onto our family. I still am really grateful that Dillon managed to find her and lead me to where she was. He is the sweetest, and most empathetic cat I have ever known to date. As his last years are approaching, I think I'll make these the coziest years for our little feline friend. Thanks boy, from the bottom of my heart. We'll never find a cat like you again.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry-

This story took place a good few years ago at our old house, back when we had 2 little kitties instead of 3. My cat is a Chocolate point Siamese named Sassy. Cliché name, yes, but I absolutely loved her with all of my heart. I was devastated when one day, she went missing. Even then, our cats were outdoor cats, so my mother told me I had no reason to worry unless she didn’t show up in about a day. Needless to say, she didn’t. I was a mess. As a little kid, my mind was racing. I didn't know if she was even alive, and I spent all day crying about it and looking outside to see if she'd come back. She was gone for nearly 10 days, according to my mom.

This was when our other cat came into play. He's an orange marbled tabby who belonged to my sister, named Dillon. One day while outside, Dillon seemed to be trying to get our attention, more than normal. I was still pretty upset, but still holding out hope for my little kitty. Dillon was an insistent cat. Eventually I stood up to go pet him, but he started walking off. Walking off towards our neighbor's property. Nobody can convince me that cats do not care about others. Especially not after what happened next. He stopped in front of the neighbor's shed, and almost instantly as soon as I got to it, I heard Sassy meowing. I was so relieved. Dillon in a way had saved my cat.

Now looking back on it, I really hav more questions than I asked as a kid. Why was she shut in their shed? Was it feline curiosity, or one of the pesky neighborhood children? I know cats have impressive survival skills, but 10 days in a shed with no food or water is a bit odd. My parents were talking about getting me a new cat if Sassy didn’t show up. Of course they sugar coated it. They rightfully so thought she was dead.

As heartwarming a story as this has always been to me, about how our now old man cat saved our now old lady kitty, I do have to ask who was providing her with what she needed. She wasn’t scrawny when I got my mama and we brought her back home. I brought this story up again with mom today, mostly just to make sure that it wasn’t a product of my imagination, I was much younger at the time. Her and I talked about it, and she brought to light that since she was perfectly okay, there may have been more to the story than we would ever know.

That was a very long time ago. Our cats are healthy, I rescued a kitten off of the streets a few years ago and nursed him to health, and we had one more cat added onto our family. I still am really grateful that Dillon managed to find her and lead me to where she was. He is the sweetest, and most empathetic cat I have ever known to date. As his last years are approaching, I think I'll make these the coziest years for our little feline friend. Thanks boy, from the bottom of my heart. We'll never find a cat like you again.
What an incredible story!!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Isabelle is so adorable because she likes going out on her leash and harness. When I was in the dorms my first semester last year, Isabelle was trained to go to the bedroom door and sit patiently for me to come over and put her harness on. Although, the front door to the building was very scary and loud, so she started associating the harness with the loud door and did not like me pulling the front part of the harness over her head.

After moving off campus since, I bought a new type of harness that velcros over the stomach and buckles over the neck. She learned the door we went out and would sit by the door when she wanted to go out. Later, because she started to beg to go outside, I started picking her up and placing her on the bed to put her harness on there, and it decreased her whining at the door.

One day it was super windy. There was a wind advisory. There were some leaves on the ground, and the leaves were being pushed a few feet during wind bursts. I was sitting down and enjoying the sun. All of a sudden Isabelle bursts into running. Did she get startled? Was there an animal? I get up and run after her, only to see her pounce on a leaf that was blowing! It was too cute. She spent about 20 min. "hunting" leaves.

DSC_0445.JPG

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Isabelle is so adorable because she likes going out on her leash and harness. When I was in the dorms my first semester last year, Isabelle was trained to go to the bedroom door and sit patiently for me to come over and put her harness on. Although, the front door to the building was very scary and loud, so she started associating the harness with the loud door and did not like me pulling the front part of the harness over her head.

After moving off campus since, I bought a new type of harness that velcros over the stomach and buckles over the neck. She learned the door we went out and would sit by the door when she wanted to go out. Later, because she started to beg to go outside, I started picking her up and placing her on the bed to put her harness on there, and it decreased her whining at the door.

One day it was super windy. There was a wind advisory. There were some leaves on the ground, and the leaves were being pushed a few feet during wind bursts. I was sitting down and enjoying the sun. All of a sudden Isabelle bursts into running. Did she get startled? Was there an animal? I get up and run after her, only to see her pounce on a leaf that was blowing! It was too cute. She spent about 20 min. "hunting" leaves.

View attachment 306515
OMG!!!! She is sooooo adorable in her pretty little harness with that sweet ruffle!!! Navy and pink are 2 of my fave colors!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
The first time I saw Lulu she was roaming in the neighbor's yard and I couldn't believe how adorable she was! Her collar said she lived two streets away, but I took her inside and gave her some tuna, which turned out to my benefit. I took her to her house and chatted with the owner who thanked me. The next day when I got home I gave a big "awww" when I pulled into my driveway as guess who was sitting on my front porch? And the next day after that? Well, needless to say her owner was gracious enough to let Lulu stay with me and three years later I am still amazed by her beauty that makes me go "awwww" every time I see her!View attachment 306307
What a beautiful girl!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!! She is sooooo adorable in her pretty little harness with that sweet ruffle!!! Navy and pink are 2 of my fave colors!!
Thank you! <3 I thought the harness was ridicoulously cute, too! She really likes her harness, and I'd highly recommend it to others that have cats that do not like normal harnesses getting pulled past their head.

HUDSONPAT

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Entry
Being a cat owner (or actually being owned by numerous cats) has been the majority of my life. When I lost my beloved Oscar from kidney failure, it was devastating. Soon after, my Teddy succumbed to diabetes; and lastly, my precious Baby Girl lost her battle with kidney failure. Well, I thought no more cats for me! I gave away all toys, furniture, litter. My birthday was coming, In May, 2016, and just for the heck, I reviewed craigs list to look at kittens. There were so many, desperate for furr-ever homes. The ad said, several kittens to choose from, $5. re-homing fee. I paid the home a visit, and selected an all-black teeny-weeny kitten, about the size of a hamster. Once home, I noticed fleas, lots and lots of them. Yech! I gave him a bath in dawn, which removed the majority. I called long time vet, and got in the next day. Vet said, he's way too young, not weaned yet, bring him back. I said, heck no. She had to weigh him on the postage scale to get reading of 5 oz. After exam, she informed me he has numerous issues. Ear mites, fleas, eye infections, anemia, and worse of all, worms. I had to orally dose him twice daily. He was fragile to handle, so I wrapped him, papoose-style, for all his med procedures. Now, 3 years later, he dislikes being covered or wrapped, from bad memories. I am attaching an early photo of my Moki, with a golf ball, which is larger than his head...and this photo taken a few months ago, at age 3 yrs. My story is a true testament, that HOME IS WHERE YOUR CAT IS!
moki w.golf ball.JPG
moki.so.handsome.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry
The very first time I saw my baby Snowball..was back in 2008..I was looking for a kitten..n At that time I got the newspaper..so I was looking in the ads n there it was Kittens being given away as soon as weaned off the mama...Well I called the number..n it was a nurse that worked at the local hospital..And she said she had some kittens available soon..So she told me the color if each n the gender..When she said she had a solid white male...I immediately said I want that one...So within a couple days she n her little girl brought the kitten to me...He was so tiny n so white..he literally looked like a snowball in the little girls hands..I knew then..his name would be Snowball...And after they left me n my youngest son..that has moved out NOW of course..took and cuddled n played n gave him so MUCH attention that evening...I Will NEVER forget that night...It was a special night for me n my youngest son..n for Snowball cause he had gotten a forever home...n he will be with me...til He goes to heaven..And even then he will still be with me...and the nurse told me that night that the other kittens were adopted also...Isnt LIFE wonderful...My boy NOW in pic below at 11yrs old.Hes my World n my LIFE
20191103_114849.jpg