Contest What makes your kitty so adorable? (Share stories to win!)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We have another fun contest for TCS members! 5 lucky winners will get a prize for sharing stories about their kitties!

The contest is sponsored by Hound & Gatos, a favorite brand with many of our members.

Hound & Gatos be giving each winner two cans of top-quality wet cat food, featuring their 98% meat recipes. You can read more about their line of canned cat food right here.

How Do I Enter?

1. Post in this thread with the word ENTRY and share a story or anecdote that involves your cat (or cats) and shows why you think they're so adorable. This can be a quirky behavior, a sweet display of affection or anything else that makes you go "awwww". We're not setting any limits on length - just try to share the story as best you can.

2. Have more than one story to share? Awesome! You can post once a day as long as you share a different story each time.

3. These can be stories about cats, past or present. Your own pet cats, or other cats in your life.

4. This GIVEAWAY will run for ten (10) days. Last entry can be made by midnight (Pacific Time) on Sunday, November 10th.

5. Five winners will be selected in random from all eligible entries. Each winner will be given two cans of Hound & Gatos!

6. Each member can have up to 10 entries in total.

7. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age.

8. The prize can be shipped to a US address only. The winner must provide a local US address.

9. This giveaway is for TCS members only. To win you must be a member with at least 5 posts on the site by the day of the draw. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Good luck everyone!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry-

Charlie was born feral. For the first year that I had him, I didn't believe he had a bond with me. This, combined with his behavior problems, had me wondering whether I should give him up to someone who knew how to take care of feral-born cats. My heart was breaking-I had loved him from the first night.

Then I went on vacation for a week, and Charlie had to be boarded. The first night I had him back, he was curled up on my spot in the bed. I moved him and got in, and he came right back and snuggled against me. I was stunned, but also had to take recent events into account-he had been in a strange place for a week, after all. He probably missed what he knew.

A short time later, I was gone for a weekend. My first night back, Charlie wanted to snuggle again. Now I started to doubt my earlier thoughts.

The real turning point came when I lay down for a nap one day. He immediately settled in the crook of my arm and fell asleep. I was so moved, I started to cry. Charlie really did love me-it just took him a while to show it.

And yes, it was adorable as heck.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My Vincie girl was adorable from day one, but what was soooo cute was her jealousy when I would pet or hold another cat or dog.
One of my neighbors would visit on the deck with Max, her 90 pound black lab. If Vincie was in he yard she would know immediately that
I was fussing over him even when she was deaf. She'd come trotting up the deck steps, growling and hissing, all 8 pounds of her and want to be on my lap.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My little baby girl is Nocturne (Noxie for short). She was born July 7th at the Humane Society where I volunteer. Her mother had just come in a few days ago, and decided it was time to give birth! She had four kittens, but one passed away. They were all so tiny, half the size of your average new born kitten! When Nocturne was born, she had to be assisted out. After that, she always stood out as the unique kitten. For the first week of her life she was always climbing into some corner, trying to escape the cage, or losing where her mother was despite being with-in one foot of her!
I fostered them in my home after that first week, and she would always sneak out of the nest (even as a tiny baby that could barely walk) and lay down in front of the door (they were in a walk-in closet for safety). She was also a slightly different color from the others. They all grew up to be black, but as kittens they had "fever coat". Her two sisters had blue/grey coats as babies, but Nocturne was half black (back-end) and half brown (top-end).
Anyways, as she grew older I noticed her head was a different size from her siblings. The vets and I assume it was some sort of temporary hydrocephalus? It made her a little clumsy and prone to falling down, but she still loved to play. She was such a funny girl, and she made the funniest faces. When it finally came time to send them back for adoption, I foster failed her and she is now three years old! She is still a little clumsy sometimes, but such a sweetie. She likes to cuddle, gets super excited for treats, and still sleeps in a closet!
Love my Noxie baby.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Gibsy has his own room. Couple years ago, I was headed to bed and stopped by to tell Gibsy goodnight. Reached down to pet him and he took off like a little rocket....thinking it was play time. I flopped down on the sofa and he landed on my chest. Curled up and a minute later he was sound asleep.... 30 minutes later, I slid out from under him without disturbing him, and went to bed.
That's been standard operating procedure EVERY NIGHT since then.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Isabelle was about 6 months when I brought her home. She had not been spayed yet, so an appointment was made and she was spayed. My room at the time, where she was kept while healing, had a loft bed with a ladder. I did my best to prevent her from getting up there, but she did. She always had been really smart. When I saw her, I told her, "Isabelle, I'm coming up there to help you down." Climbing up the ladder, my hands reached the top ladder rung. I flattened by back as best I could and patted my upper back, saying "Isabelle, come here!"

Slowly, Isabelle strolls onto my back. Keeping my back as flat as possible, we descend until my feet hit the floor. I lower my body close to the floor while squatting and still keeping my back flat. When I was a low as possible, I patted the ground, and Isabelle casually climbed off my back and onto the floor. We played "Elevator" a few more times until she was fully healed and allowed to navigate the loft ladder herself. It was so adorable.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

Rocket just is adorable, but especially when she is sleepy. She wants someone to sleep with her and wants to be cuddled right up against them. She almost melts into them and relaxes completely. If she is sleeping and her buddy leaves her she rouses just enough to reach for them and tempt them back to sleep. Coming from a feral background with no human contact for the first three months of her life; how comfortable she has become with us is truly amazing.

IMG_20191101_060607_780.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry:

Lelia is not the cuddliest of cats, but she is very playful. So when it's play time, she'll come up to me and rub on my legs and head butt me to tell me she wants our quality time. I guess it's not much of a story, but the head butts get me every time. She's the cutest ever.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
It was really hard losing Cotton. She was 16 and had kidney failure so we made the awful choice we all dread. She was my therapy cat. She always knew who in the house was needing her “healing” presence, whether it was illness or sadness, she always knew. I struggled with ptsd and depression from a really awful childhood so she was always there when I needed her. I felt I’d NEVER find another Cotton. A year later, for my 60th 😐 birthday, I decided to get a kitten. It was so hard to find one. They kept getting adopted or people wouldn’t answer my inquiries etc. then I saw a Craigslist ad that read, “2 kittens, 8 weeks old, $40.00”. I texted him and he said that he still had them and I was really excited! I was at work and said I’d be there ASAP. After work, my husband and I went to look at them-beyond cute! I held Jemima’s sister 1st, very sweet. Then I held Jemima, her eyes looked into mine with a fierce and frank intensity, then she rolled her little head back as if to say “awww I have my human”. That was it for me!! I knew and she knew we belonged to each other 😘🐱. Just look at this little face: 1st pic-Jemima and sister (she’s on the left) 2nd pic-her still looking at me intently 😁
2CFC3E23-EB50-4472-8E2A-AFCB43376F0C.png
3B2217E2-CDA5-4DBB-A873-B03E28DB0714.jpeg
0DD2265D-94F3-4843-B107-1C162A91558F.jpeg
6BC7499F-5DC2-44FF-B5E6-3AC78760AB56.jpeg
CB6D90F9-361C-4293-A7B0-C5B6551108D2.jpeg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was really hard losing Cotton. She was 16 and had kidney failure so we made the awful choice we all dread. She was my therapy cat. She always knew who in the house was needing her “healing” presence, whether it was illness or sadness, she always knew. I struggled with ptsd and depression from a really awful childhood so she was always there when I needed her. I felt I’d NEVER find another Cotton. A year later, for my 60th 😐 birthday, I decided to get a kitten. It was so hard to find one. They kept getting adopted or people wouldn’t answer my inquiries etc. then I saw a Craigslist ad that read, “2 kittens, 8 weeks old, $40.00”. I texted him and he said that he still had them and I was really excited! I was at work and said I’d be there ASAP. After work, my husband and I went to look at them-beyond cute! I held Jemima’s sister 1st, very sweet. Then I held Jemima, her eyes looked into mine with a fierce and frank intensity, then she rolled her little head back as if to say “awww I have my human”. That was it for me!! I knew and she knew we belonged to each other 😘🐱. Just look at this little face: 1st pic-Jemima and sister (she’s on the left) 2nd pic-her still looking at me intently 😁
Totally started tearing up while reading this! <3 That's amazing you found 2 kitties that you knew were right. Cats bring such comfort, and I can't imagine losing my Isabelle. It will be such a hard day...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My cats are adorable because my cranky older cat is allowing the kittens to cuddle up closer to her when sleeping!!! Yesterday while on the couch, Isabelle jumped up, purring and bugging for pets. My hands scratched her chin and stroked her back as she settled in to a curled body position on my lap. Soon, the kitties appeared. Katrina was by my out stretched feet, and Pursia on my knees between Isabelle and Katrina. At first Persia reached out a paw and lightly placed it by Isabelle's white paw. A low growl rumbled half-heartedely from Isabelle, but she stayed and didn't move. A few minutes later Persia shifts, and her head slides against Isabelle's paw. Isabelle again growls, but then ignores it. Persia shifts again and slides closer into my lap, and the top of her head presses against the top of Isabelle's head.... Isabelle growls, but still does not get up and leave. She just accepts and goes back to sleep. <3 It felt like everything was right in the world.
DSC_0766.JPG
DSC_0775.JPG

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry:

I adopted Remy and Maisie together because the shelter wanted Maisie to get adopted with a more socialized cat since she is not. I've had them almost 2 years now and while Maisie is still hesitant around me, she has been brave enough to lie on my sometimes and she'll (reluctantly) let me pet her while she eats. What makes her adorable though is that when I've been gone all day at work, I come home to find Maisie has been lying on my pajamas because they are either still warm from her lying on them or they covered in her fur. I consider it her way of showing that she does love me, even if she doesn't cuddle with me like Remy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Entry
Mr Poppy-cat is 14.5 years old. He is back in good health, gets the zoomies on a regular basis, and is extremely smart and very capable of letting us know exactly what he thinks.

This independent-minded cat will let me put him up on the kitchen counter, and actually stands still while I hand feed him his special snack with milk thistle mixed in, twice a day with a popsicle stick.

This is incredible to me, every single time. He won't even consider allowing anybody else to do this, and the look on his face while he's standing there is truly adorable (even though for a manly mature cat, I'm not sure he'd approve of the use of that word LOL). It's a mix of anticipatory, resigned, and also "geez mom, do we REALLY have to do this??!".

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting this contest out because I recently won a prize from Hounds & Gatos. I just wanted to say my cats loved it. We divided a can of rabbit cat food between three cats and a kitten. They went wild. Even the extremely picky Speck; it must taste good. So best of luck everyone! This is a prize definitely worth competing for! :clap:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each story here is adorable. I am also sitting this out but very interested in the Hounds and Gatos. It sounds like I would face a kitty stampede the moment I opened a can. I wouldn’t mind a kitty stampede! :runningcat:Good luck to everyone entering. Thank you for sharing your adorable babies with us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am sitting this contest out because I recently won a prize from Hounds & Gatos. I just wanted to say my cats loved it. We divided a can of rabbit cat food between three cats and a kitten. They went wild. Even the extremely picky Speck; it must taste good. So best of luck everyone! This is a prize definitely worth competing for! :clap:
So glad your kitties liked it! No reason not to participate again! The more the merrier!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My kitties are so cute because they are motivated to learn tricks. Isabelle knows sit, stand up, and paw for treats. The kittens are getting taught, too, and already know sit and up. The first few times, Persia caught on and was motivated more than Katrina, who was more excited in trying to steal Persia's treats she had earned instead of doing the tricks herself. :flail:They are also being trained to get on the baby scale. Isabelle is weighed regularly to ensure she stays within a healthy weight, and decided to train the kittens as well as monitor their growth. Persia, again, caught on quicker and has gotten on the scale the past couple of times all by herself. Katrina has been very resistant and will walk around all sides of the scale, but not onto the scale because it's lava and she cannot touch it when I'm enticing her with a treat. I usually end up picking her up and plopping her on the scale and letting her eat her treats while on the scale. Well last night... Katrina walked all by herself up onto the scale like it was her usual thing to do! So proud of her!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry:

It's another little thing, but Lelia will be going around the apartment in exploring mode, and as soon as she passes me, or if I say something to her, her tail will pop right up into the happy tail even if she's too busy to actually acknowledge me. I always feel good when that tail pops up because of me.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have another fun contest for TCS members! 5 lucky winners will get a prize for sharing stories about their kitties!

The contest is sponsored by Hound & Gatos, a favorite brand with many of our members.

Hound & Gatos be giving each winner two cans of top-quality wet cat food, featuring their 98% meat recipes. You can read more about their line of canned cat food right here.

How Do I Enter?

1. Post in this thread with the word ENTRY and share a story or anecdote that involves your cat (or cats) and shows why you think they're so adorable. This can be a quirky behavior, a sweet display of affection or anything else that makes you go "awwww". We're not setting any limits on length - just try to share the story as best you can.

2. Have more than one story to share? Awesome! You can post once a day as long as you share a different story each time.

3. These can be stories about cats, past or present. Your own pet cats, or other cats in your life.

4. This GIVEAWAY will run for ten (10) days. Last entry can be made by midnight (Pacific Time) on Sunday, November 10th.

5. Five winners will be selected in random from all eligible entries. Each winner will be given two cans of Hound & Gatos!

8. The prize can be shipped to a US address only. The winner must provide a local US address.

9. This giveaway is for TCS members only. To win you must be a member with at least 5 posts on the site by the day of the draw. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Good luck everyone!
Entry
The most adorable thing about Tutu is how smart she is. She even speaks English words and knows what they mean. She says “no” and shakes her paw. She says “I wan” for I want and “I dowan” for I don’t want.

How Do I Enter?

Good luck everyone!