Contest What makes your kitty so adorable? (Share stories to win!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have another fun contest for TCS members! 5 lucky winners will get a prize for sharing stories about their kitties!

The contest is sponsored by Hound & Gatos, a favorite brand with many of our members.

Hound & Gatos be giving each winner two cans of top-quality wet cat food, featuring their 98% meat recipes. You can read more about their line of canned cat food right here.

How Do I Enter?

1. Post in this thread with the word ENTRY and share a story or anecdote that involves your cat (or cats) and shows why you think they're so adorable. This can be a quirky behavior, a sweet display of affection or anything else that makes you go "awwww". We're not setting any limits on length - just try to share the story as best you can.

2. Have more than one story to share? Awesome! You can post once a day as long as you share a different story each time.

3. These can be stories about cats, past or present. Your own pet cats, or other cats in your life.

4. This GIVEAWAY will run for ten (10) days. Last entry can be made by midnight (Pacific Time) on Sunday, November 10th.

5. Five winners will be selected in random from all eligible entries. Each winner will be given two cans of Hound & Gatos!

6. Each member can have up to 10 entries in total.

7. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age.

8. The prize can be shipped to a US address only. The winner must provide a local US address.

9. This giveaway is for TCS members only. To win you must be a member with at least 5 posts on the site by the day of the draw. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Good luck everyone!
-Entry-
Our little snowshoe angel, Sishya, seemed very shy, partly due to her small size and mannerisms. I rescued her as a sniffly-nosed, runny-eyed kitten from our back yard, where she was one of many community cats we worked hard to earn the trust of, spay/neuter and vet, and adopt. Seesh, as we called her, was a serious-minded little girl, but sometimes, when I was reading in the living room, I would catch a movement out of the corner of my eye and when I looked, she was throwing her toys up into the air and pouncing to catch them, just as she would live prey. I was fortunate enough to video her a couple of times, and wish Microsoft would let me access my own videos so I could enjoy her irresistible cuteness again!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

(I have been persuaded, because my cats love the Hounds & Gatos so much.)

I'll start with Elsie. She came to our house as stray kitten. At first, we couldn't get near her, but eventually she realized we meant her no harm. She even kept the little toy ball we gave her, her only toy at the time, safe outside. She would carry it around in her mouth. (It went with her to the boarding kennel after she was spayed to remind her of home.) Now she is a strictly indoor cat and doesn't seem to miss the outdoor life at all.

Elsie is an extremely intelligent kitty. She took apart a ballpoint pen, something I still can't understand. Last night, she unwrapped a whole package of paper towels from the plastic. They were sitting upright in the hall when we woke up. At least most of them were upright; I think she knocked a few over.

The cutest thing, her real aww factor, is her little face. She is a tortoiseshell, and has almost a split face of light and dark. White whiskers on one side; black on the other. There is something very different about her mouth. When we couldn't get close to her, we thought it looked like she was wearing lipstick. It turns out, she has some missing bottom teeth and goes around with her tongue sticking out most of the time. She wears her possum look well. I am not a great photographer, but here is a picture of her playing with a kick toy on her beloved cowhide rug:

DSCN0007.JPG

Last edited:

TashuCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Entry
Tashu is a rescue cat from Baja Animal rescue. My previous cat passed away from cancer and I was looking for a new cat to share my life. Someone just abandoned him at a feral colony, all the other cats attacked him. The rescue took him to a vet and one of the members cared for him until he was well. I contacted the rescue asking for a young male cat, preferably short haired grey or grey tabby (like my previous cats) but most of all I wanted an affectionate healthy cat. The manager said she could give me some of my wish list, if I'd like to come meet him, he was at the Petco close by. He is a large, long haired red cat, however it was love at 1st sight for us both....he has been my dear companion for 3 years now.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, there are just so many "Hekitty stories," it is hard to choose, but I have two favorites, so I'll share them both here.

I have a queen-sized bed. I did have a king, but downsized when I moved downstairs, as the bedrooms in the two-bedroom apartments are smaller. Actually, Hekitty has a queen-sized bed. I am allowed a strip of bed, 26 inches wide, at the far right. Should I dare to stray onto her portion of the bed, she flops on her side and begins digging at me, with all four paws, pushing and shoving until I hunch my way back into my allotted spot. I have, over the past eleven years, learned to not roll over, but to flip in place, rather like a large, puffy pancake.

But the thing she does that has me laughing every time is...Hek is a bit rotund due to a Temptations addiction. We're working on it. However...I'll give her a treat, and almost immediately she wants another. I say, "no." She says, "meow." I say "No." She says "Meow." I say, NO! You just HAD one! Go eat your kibbles!" She says, "MROOOW!" then wheels around and sits with her back to me with her head ducked and ears out to the side, peering around her shoulder, and audibly muttering under her breath. I say, "I heard that! Do you plan to kiss me with that mouth?" and she STOMPS out of the room while I laugh like a hyena, adding insult to injury. One day, she's gonna kill me in my sleep....

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My kitties are adorable because Katrina likes to bump my nose with her nose. Every time I put my face close to her, she reaches her neck out to put her nose against mine! It's too cute, and sometimes I'll do it randomly throughout the day. Like if she is hanging on the cat tree, every time I walk by to use the bathroom or go into the kitchen, we'll bump noses. <3 If I stick my finger out, she does the same and bumps it with her nose.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, there are just so many "Hekitty stories," it is hard to choose, but I have two favorites, so I'll share them both here.

I have a queen-sized bed. I did have a king, but downsized when I moved downstairs, as the bedrooms in the two-bedroom apartments are smaller. Actually, Hekitty has a queen-sized bed. I am allowed a strip of bed, 26 inches wide, at the far right. Should I dare to stray onto her portion of the bed, she flops on her side and begins digging at me, with all four paws, pushing and shoving until I hunch my way back into my allotted spot. I have, over the past eleven years, learned to not roll over, but to flip in place, rather like a large, puffy pancake.

But the thing she does that has me laughing every time is...Hek is a bit rotund due to a Temptations addiction. We're working on it. However...I'll give her a treat, and almost immediately she wants another. I say, "no." She says, "meow." I say "No." She says "Meow." I say, NO! You just HAD one! Go eat your kibbles!" She says, "MROOOW!" then wheels around and sits with her back to me with her head ducked and ears out to the side, peering around her shoulder, and audibly muttering under her breath. I say, "I heard that! Do you plan to kiss me with that mouth?" and she STOMPS out of the room while I laugh like a hyena, adding insult to injury. One day, she's gonna kill me in my sleep....
We have a Cal King bed -- the largest bed offered for general public buying. I also have to do the "flip in place" especially on cooler nights. Elvis to the left of me, Tarifa to the right of me, and Baby Su to the right, up by my head.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

My neighbor left his cats when he moved away. We took them in, our RB three-legged cat Blackberry and the cat we believe is her sister, Rue. This entry is about her. She likes to stay outside, in the cat fence, but she will spend the night in the house if it gets too cold. I don't have any good pictures of her, but she has coloring of a Russian blue.

All my cats have nicknames. Rue's aww factor is her teddy bear face. I call her "Pol-at-a-bear", though I am not sure the word would be spelled that way. :lol: To me, she has the face of a gray polar bear. She's beautiful.

Bandit-Mollee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this contest over, just got the email. Anyhow here's a photo of Mollee napping. She is a show off. And now she is saying......Look Mom, no back bone.
I just wanted to put in a full image of Mollee. She sits at the window waiting for to get home from work and when she sees me pull up she runs to the door. When I open the door she gets all happy and silly and begins to spin around in circles while I am petting her HELLO.

She then runs to her bed and we call what she does next....Mollee playing cutie pie, And she flips around in her bed as I attempt to pet her and play with her. She jumps and runs out of the room a second later she runs back into her bed again and we play cutie pie.

I have got to say. I live alone, my husband passed away 8 yrs. ago. I have two daughters who lives so far away I very seldom see them, we keep in touch through text. Not often they both have busy lives. So I'm alone and there is no better feeling to coming home to being greeting each day with lots of love and attention from my babies Mollee and Bandit. They make me smile everyday. I am so lucky to have them in my life.

Yup, she actually sleeps like this

Attachments

Bandit-Mollee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bandit is my boy, he's a little jealous of Mollee only because he's not as flexible like her. He's more of a big stocky boy. He doesn't use his front paws like most cats do, he uses his back paws. Every time I'm on the computer he likes to get up on my desk and starts knowing things over, especially my water bottle. When I pull him away from the stuff, he uses he hind legs to boot me away so he can go back to knocking things over.

He has the funnies look when he first wakes up, just the look on his face and the position of his ears is enough to get me laughing at him. He is so cute. And he loves getting kisses on his head. When he wants kisses he gives me head butts, I give him his kisses and step back, he butts me again and I give him more kisses. We go back and forth like that about 5 -10 times until he's done getting kisses.

He likes running in front of me when I'm moving around the house. that's ok except when does a dead drop right front of me and I almost fall on face trying not to step on him. And all he wants is belly rubs. soon as I walk in the bathroom he runs in front of me and sits on the tub, so long he's with me he's happy

Attachments

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY!

I'll enter this one! What makes my kitty adorable? My little Reese is just...the biggest weirdo! Everyone who spends time with her comes away going 'what are you?!'

For example...

She sits like this.

She thinks the toilet is her crystal ball.

She likes to have her belly rubbed...

With a vacuum cleaner.

She watches TV like this. Her favorite shows are 101 Dalmatians and Bats. (The cheesy spook film from '99)

She drowns her toys. And then drops them on unsuspecting sleepers.

q625gI9.jpg

She stole a corn husk from a tamale and treats it like a baby.

unPicdU.jpg

She sits like this.

06ONPQm.jpg

And she does 'dog tricks' like shake paws, jump through hoops, and speak.

I love her so much, and I'm so glad I found her bawling her head off in that parking lot a year and a half ago.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY!

I'll enter this one! What makes my kitty adorable? My little Reese is just...the biggest weirdo! Everyone who spends time with her comes away going 'what are you?!'

For example...

She sits like this.

She thinks the toilet is her crystal ball.

She likes to have her belly rubbed...

With a vacuum cleaner.

She watches TV like this. Her favorite shows are 101 Dalmatians and Bats. (The cheesy spook film from '99)

She drowns her toys. And then drops them on unsuspecting sleepers.

View attachment 306705

She stole a corn husk from a tamale and treats it like a baby.

View attachment 306703

She sits like this.

View attachment 306704

And she does 'dog tricks' like shake paws, jump through hoops, and speak.

I love her so much, and I'm so glad I found her bawling her head off in that parking lot a year and a half ago.
Reese IS adorable and so foofy! I love how she sits. You got a true treasure when you brought her home! (You know that. I know.) One of my cats (or more - I never saw who was doing it) used to take twinkle balls and do the same thing!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bandit is my boy, he's a little jealous of Mollee only because he's not as flexible like her. He's more of a big stocky boy. He doesn't use his front paws like most cats do, he uses his back paws. Every time I'm on the computer he likes to get up on my desk and starts knowing things over, especially my water bottle. When I pull him away from the stuff, he uses he hind legs to boot me away so he can go back to knocking things over.

He has the funnies look when he first wakes up, just the look on his face and the position of his ears is enough to get me laughing at him. He is so cute. And he loves getting kisses on his head. When he wants kisses he gives me head butts, I give him his kisses and step back, he butts me again and I give him more kisses. We go back and forth like that about 5 -10 times until he's done getting kisses.

He likes running in front of me when I'm moving around the house. that's ok except when does a dead drop right front of me and I almost fall on face trying not to step on him. And all he wants is belly rubs. soon as I walk in the bathroom he runs in front of me and sits on the tub, so long he's with me he's happy
They are both so adorable! I am partial to the house panthers, though I love ALL cats, of course. Mollee is looking like "Help! My cat is borked!" all twisted up like a pretzel. My beloved angel Rojita used to do that, too.
I'm in pretty much the same boat -- divorced, no kids, three beloved cats. They ARE my family. It's always been like that in my family. I was born into a home "with cat" and have lived with cats almost every day of my life. I like nice, compassionate, kind, gentle, cat-loving people, but cats are far and away my favorite beings.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
What makes Miss Eleanor so adorable is that from the day she showed up as a TNR, she has been the most even-tempered and laid-back of all of our cats, and has claimed me for her own. When working in the yard, she would climb onto my lap, or sometimes on my back, and walking was hazardous because she would follow everywhere, often walking between my feet. Since we brought her inside, she has become a regular lap cat, often sitting by my chair, waiting for me to sit down. Then, at night, she will crouch down on the stair landing, waiting for me to come up to bed, at which point she will leap onto the bed and pat the blankets down and snuggle next to me, with her head resting on my hand and one paw resting on my arm. The question becomes one of just who belongs to whom.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry:

Lelia is pretty skittish and it took her quite a while to warm up to my fiancé. She'd allow him to play with her by throwing toys for her to chase, but she would run every time he tried to touch or pet her, especially as he tried to pick her up near the beginning even though I told him that wasn't the best idea. So he was convinced she didn't like him and maybe never would.

But then a few months after we moved in together, I spotted this one day.
20180910_213037.jpg

Yep, Lelia playing in the pile of clothes he left on the floor covered in his scent. One of the most adorable and heartwarming things I've seen. And she's been slowly warming up to him ever since and she'll now happily accept pets (most times).

Colourcloud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Gibsy has his own room. Couple years ago, I was headed to bed and stopped by to tell Gibsy goodnight. Reached down to pet him and he took off like a little rocket....thinking it was play time. I flopped down on the sofa and he landed on my chest. Curled up and a minute later he was sound asleep.... 30 minutes later, I slid out from under him without disturbing him, and went to bed.
That's been standard operating procedure EVERY NIGHT since then.