What Litter Is This?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My aunt, when she had cats, used this litter that had a fruity smell to it, like citrus. That's the best I can describe it. Some may find the smell off-putting, but I find it endearing because it reminds me of my childhood having fun. I haven't encountered this litter. The litters we use at the shelter are clay and have no scent. I apologize if I'm rambling, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long ago did your aunt use this litter? Most scented litters I've tried had kind of a baby powder type scent to me. Arm & Hammer Double Duty has a sweet type of scent, but I wouldn't really call it fruity. Tidy Cats has one that smells like grape soda, but it's rather new, and I hate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long ago did your aunt use this litter? Most scented litters I've tried had kind of a baby powder type scent to me. Arm & Hammer Double Duty has a sweet type of scent, but I wouldn't really call it fruity. Tidy Cats has one that smells like grape soda, but it's rather new, and I hate it.
5-6 years? It had a citrus smell

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lot of japanese brands have fruit scented litter.

Theres a japanese brand called Snappy that has apple and a citrus litter. And IRIS makes fruit scented litter beads... think theyve got everything from orange to jasmine tea.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walmart used to have a citrus-scented litter. My cats liked it, idk why, they always say cats don't like citrus. But they don't make it anymore. I would say that most litters from more than 5 years ago either aren't made anymore or have changed formulas.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember seeing a Lemongrass scented litter. I think it was from Costco or something like that.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, I see what you meant now after the replies :lol:

I think there are quite a number of companies manufacture scented litters. Some scents are too overpowering, some are quite ok.