What kinda cat is this?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pics arent very good, that is perhaps nobody answered... Anyways, most cats are domestics, so this will be my guess too.

She is apparently a tortoiseshell in coloration, possibly even a classical tabby in pattern - the whitish swirls are behaving as the marbles of classical tabby...

The lengh of fur is difficult to predict on a young kitten, but my guess is she will grew up into a medium haired cat.

Congrats to such a nice find!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erikgriznik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I know the pictures aren't very good they are all I had at the time

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe her coloring is "diluted tortoiseshell." As for her breed, without papers from a breeder she is a domestic, probably short haired. But she may be too young to tell about the hair length. She is a beautiful cat.

Others will be along to give input too.

Last edited:

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it is a real cutie , hard to tell right off but very interesting looking.  I see a burnt orange look on one rear paw. My Maine Coon Tortie has a front paw that same way but her hair was really long at 12 weeks. I do believe the other person was right, she appears to be short haired. It is still so hard to believe that mine was tossed out at someone's house at 9 weeks old..O well it worked out for us, she has been a real godsend after losing TIGGER...( our 15 year old orange tabby) My tortie has the reddish stripes around like a tabby, but well spaced apart, grey, black black fluffy tail, waves like a flag when she walks. 

You have a real cutie there. will be interesting to see her grow...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erikgriznik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all, this kitten is actually only seven or 8 weeks old, she was thrown out of her home at only 3 weeks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

it is a real cutie , hard to tell right off but very interesting looking.  I see a burnt orange look on one rear paw. My Maine Coon Tortie has a front paw that same way but her hair was really long at 12 weeks. I do believe the other person was right, she appears to be short haired. It is still so hard to believe that mine was tossed out at someone's house at 9 weeks old..O well it worked out for us, she has been a real godsend after losing TIGGER...( our 15 year old orange tabby) My tortie has the reddish stripes around like a tabby, but well spaced apart, grey, black black fluffy tail, waves like a flag when she walks. 

You have a real cutie there. will be interesting to see her grow...
Its not the first time I hear of such coincidences.  With enough of them "cases", its easy to think  often its no coincidence....