What kind of scales you use to weigh a cat too active to sit still?

Renne

a kitty parent
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used small kitchen digital scales for my kitten, but now she's too big. And she won't sit still even if I grab her and put her on scales during sleep. There are many types of scales, which do you use?

If you know any tricks for weighing a cat (how to make her still, etc.), please share. I thought of restraining her and getting big scales, but maybe there's an alternative.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I weigh my cat by holding him and getting on scale and writing our combined weight down..Then I step on scale and write my weight down..And subtract my weight from my and Snowball's weight combined..And thats the cats weight..and thats using my bathroom scale

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another possibility is to put the cat in the carrier and use a digital luggage scale to measure the total weight. Then remove the cat and weigh the carrier on its own. Subtracting the lower figure from the higher figure will give you the weight of the cat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A baby scale works. That what most vets use in the office anyways.

20180922_085826 edited.jpg

Or just weigh yourself, reset the scale to zero, then weigh yourself holding the cat. Subtract that weight from your weight to get the cat's weight.