What kind of colorpoint is my kitten?

Mikey&circe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Wondering if someone can help me identify what kind of colorpoint is my cat? Her mom and dad are not color points so my baby definitely surprised us when she was born white and suddenly started changing color! Dad is a a tuxedo and mom is a bicolor tabby. I’ll attach some pictures below. you can see momma and her brother Zeus along with her.
E651567E-FFA0-4440-A8F9-7E0FF59F3FE8.jpeg

Circe with brother Zeus
F6E4F62E-0C14-4C3C-AA87-8B1B26477EAB.png

Circe ❤

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous! What a fun surprise!
She appears to be a seal mink with mid-grade white spotting or a seal sepia with mid-grade white spotting.

Since she's still quite young I would expect her to get much, much darker; she may even get so dark it would be hard to tell she was ever pointed! That tells me she's probably a darker colorpoint like a mink or sepia.
She's definitely seal (the pointed term for black) because of how dark her ears are.
She may have one or two copies of the white-spotting gene.
She will most likely have turquoise eyes, but blue is also a possibility.

Mama and dad are both carriers of the colorpoint gene, most likely at least one with the darker Burmese variation (Sepia).
Mama appears from the photo to be a black-based tabby with mid-grade white spotting and very heavy markings in the classic whorl pattern. We can infer from the kittens and father that she is heterozygous for both agouti and colorpoint. Dad is a non-agouti, heterozygous carrier of colorpoint. Both parents have the white-spotting gene. Brother is a black tuxedo, just like dad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mikey&circe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's gorgeous! What a fun surprise!
She appears to be a seal mink with mid-grade white spotting or a seal sepia with mid-grade white spotting.

Since she's still quite young I would expect her to get much, much darker; she may even get so dark it would be hard to tell she was ever pointed! That tells me she's probably a darker colorpoint like a mink or sepia.
She's definitely seal (the pointed term for black) because of how dark her ears are.
She may have one or two copies of the white-spotting gene.
She will most likely have turquoise eyes, but blue is also a possibility.

Mama and dad are both carriers of the colorpoint gene, most likely at least one with the darker Burmese variation (Sepia).
Mama appears from the photo to be a black-based tabby with mid-grade white spotting and very heavy markings in the classic whorl pattern. We can infer from the kittens and father that she is heterozygous for both agouti and colorpoint. Dad is a non-agouti, heterozygous carrier of colorpoint. Both parents have the white-spotting gene. Brother is a black tuxedo, just like dad.
Such great information! Thank you so much. You have piqued my interest in cat genetics :)