What kind of cat?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Based on what’s visible, I’d describe her as a black bicolour (I.e black and white) domestic shorthair kitten. Most cats aren’t of a breed, nor of any specific breed ancestry, but that doesn’t make her any less special :)

She looks very young — has she been to the vet? She may need some KMR with her wet food, if she’s even old enough for solids. May need some medication, as well, as she may have a respiratory infection, by the look of her eye area.

Good on you for saving her, and best of luck! Wish you two many lovely years together.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site to you and your new baby! She is adorable. I do agree with Maurey Maurey that she needs to see a vet. Any rescued cat or kitten should go to a vet for an assessment of their health. To me, it seems she could use KMR and I do see something like an eye or respiratory issue.

How Old Is That Kitten? Kitten Progression: At-a-Glance

This chart may help you assess her age. Are her eyes still blue, or bluish?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Breed would be long or short hair domestic, depending on fur length. Color appears to be black and white, maybe Tuxedo pattern? Too little to tell really. I'd say to come back when she is older and ask again with more photos.

But definitely please see a vet ASAP. She doesn't look like she is in good condition.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome - - and so glad you found your way here! I found my way here years ago and never left. :) It really is a great community of kitty-loving people - - and I've found it to be a great source of info and comfort (depending on what I needed most at the moment!). Chances are if you've got a question - someone (or lots of 'someones') will have been through what you're asking about. So never be afraid to ask anything!

How wonderful of you to save that tiny little sweetie! It’s hard to tell much about what she'll look like, etc. because she's SO tiny (plus a full body pic helps too). She looks like a pretty little black and white kitty (depending on how her whole coat looks - she may be what some people call a "cow kitty" - which is another way of saying "white with black patches"). As Maurey Maurey noted - most stray kitties aren't a specific breed - so they're what's referred to as a "Domestic Shorthair" (also called DSH) or "Domestic Longhair" (also called DLH). She looks like she'll be a shorter-haired kitty, but that can change as they grow. Most strays are a mix of a whole bunch of everything - - but it definitely doesn't make her any less sweet and special!!!!

How did you end up with her? She looks awfully young to be without her mom - any idea what happened to mom? Have you ever raised a kitten this little? This little one actually looks like she might be too young to eat regular cat food (she's so little she might not be weaned). Have you ever raised one so young before? They definitely have alot of specific needs when this tiny ---- environment/temperature needs, nutritional needs, etc. Maurey Maurey had some good suggestions too - even if she is weaned you might want to add extra kitten nutrition - and one of the easiest ways is by including KMR with her canned kitten food. And a vet visit asap is a must if you haven't yet. She'll need shots, deworming, etc. - - - all of which are so important in helping teeny one thrive.

(Know that I'm only asking these things bc I want to do my best to help you be successful raising this sweetie - - - you may know all of what I noted about already, but just want to make sure I let you know where to go - - like this site! - - if you have questions)

You might want to look through some good "how old is my kitten" articles - check in this sites "Articles" section, and you can also poke around Alley Cat Allies' site in the "resources" section (I added the link below). This link has a good visual/informational chart if you're interested.

How Old Is That Kitten? Kitten Progression: At-a-Glance

Keep us posted on her - and don't hesitate to ask any questions! Glad you're here (and everyone here loves pics - so post away!)

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The other thing I meant to note - she looks a bit dehydrated (we're all making judgements off a small pic, so it's hard to tell everything). And in a kitten that small, dehydration can become critical quickly. If she hasn't seen a vet yet, I'd definitely get her to one asap. Again- please keep us posted!!!!!