What kind of cat is she? Part abyssinian?

AllyNora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CDFDBDCD-3945-4C01-BF2D-A041713DB897.jpeg
01BC7FD9-A3AA-40E8-ADA8-801D9CB556D2.jpeg
23661A76-02AB-4C35-9046-2CC6C6B2C503.jpeg
D723CBBD-3FBC-42AB-AD68-1A9D59E0F13A.jpeg

This is Suki, I adopted her from a rescue place in Brooklyn 3 weeks ago, where they said she was about 10 or 11 months old. The rescue place told me that Suki is from Muscat, Oman, and was flown to the rescue place in Brooklyn to help find her a forever home (she even has a kitty passport)! She has a tick on her ear suggesting she was part of TNR efforts at some point, and a shaved patch on her side which my vet believes is from the surgery to get her fixed.

I find her looks to be quite striking and unusual from most of the cats that I have seen (at least in the US), from her far apart eyes and big ears in combination with her ticked short fur. I was wondering if she could be part Abyssinian, or maybe part oriental?

She has a very friendly personality and seems to love people, and she meows, coos, and yowls a LOT, especially in the middle of the night when I’m trying to sleep (so I’ve been a little sleep deprived but she’s worth it 😅).

If anyone has thoughts on her please let me know, thanks!
C67C8186-8AE5-4A60-B5BC-A85C01A919E0.jpeg
A24F7570-CE21-40DE-AD41-63B779214A57.jpeg

Attachments

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has an Abyssinian body type, but her tabby markings don't match.

I read in some other countries spaying is done from one side instead of the abdomen but had no idea they also cut a different part of an ear on feral cats.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn’t look like an Aby mix to me or Oriental, very striking girl though.

if the shave was from a flank spay you would be able to see the small scar, also it’s a much larger patch than normal removed for spaying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AllyNora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has an Abyssinian body type, but her tabby markings don't match.

I read in some other countries spaying is done from one side instead of the abdomen but had no idea they also cut a different part of an ear on feral cats.
Thanks, right she resembles almost tabby on the bottom aby on the top! But could just be coincidence, I have no idea what the average cat in Oman looks like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AllyNora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn’t look like an Aby mix to me or Oriental, very striking girl though.

if the shave was from a flank spay you would be able to see the small scar, also it’s a much larger patch than normal removed for spaying.
Thanks! I’ll take a closer look for a scar.