What kind of cat am I looking for?

jdumler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This may sound a little weird, but I saw a breed of cat in a book at Barnes and Noble about a year ago. The breed's name referenced it's small size, but I don't remember how. The breed ranges from 5 to 9 pounds in size.
I've gone back to look for that book, but no luck. I have also had no luck searching for 'small cat breeds' on the internet. 'Liliputian' returns no results at all. Help!

Thanks!
Jason Dumler

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you referring to a "munchkin" maybe? That's the only one that comes to mind. Talk to Sandie and Rene about them. They are adorable! I have one. She looks like a regular cat except her legs are short, sort of like a daschund kitty.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only small cat I can think of is the Munchkin. If you want to see what they look like, you can go to my website with my signature..

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Other than Munchkins, the smallest breed of cat is the Singapura.

If you follow the page that Pnut gave you, you will find a page of links about this breed.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds as if you are talking about munchkins - they are the perpetual "kittens" because of their short legs. There are other small boned cats but they are not necessarily bred for size but other attributes. The munchkin is bred for its small stature - my female white is only five pounds and she is three years old.