What Kind Of Car....?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1997 Saturn in black gold. I think an SL, but not 100% sure.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I took it in an ugly brown Mustang. It was our very first brand new car after we got married. Until my husband had to have surgery I didn't drive a car - I rode a motorcycle. I even did grocery shopping on my bike.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1967 Buick Le Sabre, four-door, with the Incredible Self-Destructing Engine Wire Harness (which wasn't acting up that day).

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember what car it was. I took the test twice because I failed the first time, but one of those times I was driving my mom's 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix and the other time I drove the 1995 Mercury Sable that became my and my sister's car while we were in high school. I just can't remember which car I passed the test in.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I failed my first test, too. For that one, I was driving my '68 Mustang GT fastback, and the guy failed me by 1 point, all on subjective parts of the test. Turns out, I heard later, he had had a son who got his license and shortly thereafter proceeded to wrap his sporty car around a tree, killing himself. Ever after, this guy would fail any youngish guy with a sporty car, so for my second go-round, I borrowed my older sister's '67 Pontiac 4-door, and passed with flying colors.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 1957 Chevy Bel-Air

Do I win a prize for the oldest car? :rolleyes2: Maybe the oldest TCS member? :eek2:
Don't think so. I got my first license in a 1948 Hudson. It was so old, it would bottom out when it hit a dip in the road. The first time I took the test, the cop and I drove around the block. On the other side, I had to make a right turn, across a deep storm gully. I swerved outside the gully so the car wouldn't bottom out and bounce the cop around. He failed me for that and I was too embarrassed by the car to explain.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't think so. I got my first license in a 1948 Hudson. It was so old, it would bottom out when it hit a dip in the road. The first time I took the test, the cop and I drove around the block. On the other side, I had to make a right turn, across a deep storm gully. I swerved outside the gully so the car wouldn't bottom out and bounce the cop around. He failed me for that and I was too embarrassed by the car to explain.
Awwwww.....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember what car it was. I took the test twice because I failed the first time, but one of those times I was driving my mom's 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix and the other time I drove the 1995 Mercury Sable that became my and my sister's car while we were in high school. I just can't remember which car I passed the test in.
I failed my first test, too. For that one, I was driving my '68 Mustang GT fastback, and the guy failed me by 1 point, all on subjective parts of the test. Turns out, I heard later, he had had a son who got his license and shortly thereafter proceeded to wrap his sporty car around a tree, killing himself. Ever after, this guy would fail any youngish guy with a sporty car, so for my second go-round, I borrowed my older sister's '67 Pontiac 4-door, and passed with flying colors.
I'm another one who failed the test the first time - used my dad's car both times.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
My mom' car, a Crown Victoria. I don't remember the year.. somewhere between 95-98?

My instructor was impressed I did a parallel park perfectly in a car that size, lol

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took the drivers test in a 1975 Buick Regal. The hood was the size of a basketball court. I failed...............really baaaaaaaaad..lol I passed the second time though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blew out a brand new tire during the driver training. They weren't happy at all. That's when I knew for sure that I had a depth perception problem. I didn't want to drive, anyway, but the schools here force you to take it.