What kind of bug is on my cats?

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there, my cat Millie recently had kittens and I found a tiny bug on one of them the other day. I just took them to the vet today and he gave Millie and the kittens some deworming medication. I found another one of the bugs o Millie this morning, can someone tell me what they think it is?? Has anyone seen a bug like this on their cats before? It is a head and wriggles around like a caterpillar. I have not noticed any bugs around any of their butts or in their stools.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
* I sent the video to my vet and he doesn’t think it is worms* but isn’t sure what they are…. Could it be something in my house??? Blah!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pic is blurry so I can’t see it well but maybe a tapeworm?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hard to tell from the picture. You'll need to get a really good close up pic of what the bug is. You can contact your state agricultural extension office and send a good picture of the bug for identification. If it's not a common parasite that affects cats, it's probably a bug issue with your home.

Ask the vet about using a monthly parasite preventative on the adult cat. The kittens are too young for a parasite preventative.