What it is my cat. He does not have papers

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is about 6 mnts old, no papers. Was told is a rag doll but have some doubts. His face is somehow rounder then pictures that I see, he is not going limp when picked up and not really enjoins to be carried or seating on your lap. He loves to seat beside you and being pet but not on your lap. Is very social, follow everyone around and loves dogs, sleep with us in bed. His fur is very silky and does not mat.
2019-11-13_10.08.01.jpeg
2019-11-13_10.09.28.jpeg
What does he looks like?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is lovely! I'm not sure what pictures you were looking at, but Ragdolls actually do have fairly short, rounded faces. Ragdoll faces are not as short as Persian faces, but generally shorter than the average domestic cat.

Without papers, your cat would be considered a seal point domestic longhair. It's possible that he could be a Ragdoll, or have some Ragdoll ancestry... or he may be a domestic longhair without specific breed ancestry, and someone just guessed that he might be a Ragdoll because of his appearance. Most cats are not any particular breed.

Ragdolls are generally very laid back cats, but they don't necessarily "go limp" when held. Temperament traits are not accurate indications of breed ancestry, because every cat is an individual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I know that without papers he is just domestic cat. I do not mind it at all, this is my pet not show cat. Just curious what he may be. He is very laid back and friendly but also assertive but with out any aggression. He is just perfect. :)
20191127_231204.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With that nose he may have some persian ancestry. Could be a byb - produced mix of persian x ragdoll? Any way, apparently a very good and nice pet, to have as your furry friend!

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That handsome guy looks to me like he has some Persian/Himalayan (aka colorpoint Persian) in his family tree, and Ragdoll isn't out of the question, either. But having had several registered Himalayans/colorpoint Persians (including one that was ACFA registered as a 'self colored black Himalayan' as shown on her registration paper), my first impression was Himalayan. The old-school Persians were not as extremely flat faced as they are today, and honestly, I love the older style doll faces, like this.
1575491110035.png

1575491181642.png

1575491206877.png

Fewer incidents of sinus and eye trouble. Doll faces probably wouldn't garner many ribbons in shows nowadays, but they're healthier... in MY opinion, anyway! Yours reminds me of our old doll face Himalayans. :) Either way, you have a beautiful kitty!

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful cats.

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ha, my Philip turned out to be Philippa. We got the kitten 4 weeks ago as unaltered male. We did make appointment with our vet to alter him actually for tomorrow. 4 days ago our male cat started to act strange, it turned out after visit to vet that he is a "she" and in first heat!!! Now not sure if they will fix her as it takes much longer surgery then for a boy. Talking about surprises. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The surgery must be done anyways, but preferably when she isnt in heat. More difficult and more risky when in heat.

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The surgery must be done anyways, but preferably when she isnt in heat. More difficult and more risky when in heat.
Everything went well and she is fixed. Phew...

Babzi07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad that went well! Philippa is beautiful and now that she's spayed, you won't have any more unexpected problems with unexpectedly having a girl kitten.

My Willow is the same age and Spay Day is next week.
Actually she is apparently older then I was told. Vet said that she is over a year old and it wasn't her first mating season. What would propably exclude her as ragdoll as she is too small. Most important she is ok. And we renamed her to Phibi.