What is your morning routine?

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so it's not bad at all now that I'm retired.

10:00 a.m. — Rise and shine, after hitting the sack around 3:00 a.m. This is done with the help of cat Michaela, who at that time every morning gives me little paw-touch wake-up encouragements.

10:05 a.m. — Fill and light pipe. (We're talking tobacco here!)

10:10 a.m. — Put cup of coffee, left over from previous "day," in microwave oven.

10:15 a.m. — Turn on Samantha (computer system). See if she's up to working. If so, check electronic mail whilst smoking pipe and drinking coffee. If not, play around with her until she feels motivated enough to allow me onto the inter-net. Work with Samantha until noon.

=^..^=

P.S.: Samantha, 3-year-old daughter of dear friend Kristin, was with us when I purchased this present computer system. Hence, the name "Samantha."

^..^

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mornings are definitely the best time of the day! I wake up at about 6.20 and the first thing is feeding Eric, who has lost his patience by then. Then i grope for the coffee. I sit down and spend the best ten minutes of my day. Eric, already full, sits on my lap and purrs loudly while i drink my coffee and have my breakfast. i might smoke or i might not it depends on my mood. I used to be a chain smoker almost but i've managed to cut down on cigarettes. Makes me proud in a way but i'd be much prouder if i could actually quit smoking. I have these ten minutes entirely to myself and Eric, my lovely baby, of course. Then it's time for more boring things such as cleaning litter box, taking showers, waking boyfriend, making beds, getting ready for work (ugh that might stink sometimes) and off i go. i translate for a reuters database and sometimes i have sooo much work it's almost incredible. Hey and what about evenings - don't you people have evening routines or is it petting teh cat for most of you
(that's mine at least after i'm through with all chores, eating and things and i sit down and pretend to be watching teh telly ). I read during almost all of my spare time and evenings are also dedicated to play and grooming. OK what about your evening routines?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My day starts at 6:30 with twin alarms - radio and buzzer - I'm definitely not a morning person. I'm amazed I've kept jobs all these years, but I always manage to get there on time.

For the past 2 mornings, Simba has crawled under the covers to have a little morning snooze
with me - this is all new and he has only done it when the alarm goes off.

I have my shower the night before, prepare my clothes (iron if necessary and match everything up), get my jewellery ready, shoes, etc.

I wash my hair (do not dry it as it is short), get dressed, put on makeup and am ready to leave the house for work by 7:00 a.m. My husband and I
travel to work together in one car - we drop him off first and I continue for another 10 minutes to my job. I pick him up on the way home. We work about 40 minutes from our respective jobs.

On the weekends, I sleep in, get up and get the coffee and cigarettes - yes, I smoke also - and read
the Saturday and Sunday paper completely, and then do the crossword puzzles. Simba
jumps up on the table (I know, naughty, naughty!
)and lays over my left arm and against my chest and settles in for a nap and purrs like mad while I do my puzzle. He only does this on the weekend when I do the crossword - he never gets on the table any other time - go figure!

Then, before you know it - it is Monday morning again!

lacret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

My name is Lauren and I am new here! I have a baby kitten named Toes (because she has 6 toes on her front paws). She is my baby. I never had any maternal instincts until I got her. I find these forums to be so interesting and educational! (If my boss only knew how much time I spend on here ;-) Anyway this is my morning routine:

I wake up at 5am to the sound of Toes running on my bed, jumping on my head,& crunching on food.
I try desperatly to go back to bed. My alarm clock goes off at 6:16 and I need to remind myself to roll over before I open my eyes, this is why: I can feel Toes purring and her whiskers very close to my face. I can tell that she is scoping out my barely moving eyelashes. She will and she has attacked my eyelashes as soon as I've opened my eyes in the morning. It is still cute though. Then I shower while she plays in my bathroom. Then I clean out her food and water bowls and clean her litter box. Then I throw her in my roommates room before I leave for work because she is just so great to wake up to and he loves her too.
As for having a cigarette... I quit 42 hours ago. This is the longest I have gone in years without a smoke and I am very proud of myself. Just don't rub it in my face too much guys!
;-)

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am DEFINATELY NOT a morning person!! In college, my idea of "morning" was 12 o'clock NOON!! NOw that I have a 8-5 job I have to get up and make use of the day.

630 - husband's alarm goes off
645 - alarm goes off again, husband wakes up, I take over the rest of the bed
700 - husband leaves for work, comes and kisses me
and hugs me and says he'll drive careful on his work commute
710 - Chloe jumps on my stomach and meows to be pet
720 - drag my butt out of bed, feed Chloe, open front door to screen so she can perch on her cat post and watch birds
725 - take a shower
740-815 get dressed, do makeup, eat breakfast, make lunch
830 - work *blah*

G

ghostuser

Well lets see... I wake up normally around 7am. First thing I do is turn the computer on which is right by the bed. They while it is starting up I make the bed. Then I go to the bathroom. Then I go put the coffee on and wash whatever dishes are laying around. About this time is when Kiki wakes up and wants her morning catfood. Then I start the laundry. After all that is done the coffee is ready so I get it and a cigerette and go back to the computer! And here I sit at least until the coffee pot is empty. :smile After that I have no special routine as I dont work and can do the housework whenever I feel like it. Lots of mornings I spend "talking" online to my two best friends or to my family. My computer stays online all day if I am at home and I spend time working on my webpages or answering emails about the homes & historicl sites that I feature on these pages. Should be in the tourist business and get paid for all this. :laughing Oh well it is fun!

Meme
http://www.eatel.net/~meme
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=19124&f=0

ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lacret, congrats on the quitting smoking! I need to do the same! I also wanted to welcome you into TheCatSite family (well atleast that is how I feel about this lovely diversed groop)!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Up at 5:00 a.m. to make hubby breakfast, and pack him a lunch. He sits at the table while I am in the kitchen and we talk about stuff.... He is out the door at 6:00- work is about 15 minutes from here.

6:30 Kitty call- all the cats come running and it is feeding time. Feed inside first, then outside at the feral stations working my way to the shop. Horses are alerted by this time and standing impatiently by waiting for *their* turn. On the way to the shop and tack room, I stop and say good morning to the wild critters. We have cages all along the outside wall of the shop and the critters have room to run, grow and play. It's applesauce and baby food and cookies for the coons, fresh water and hosing down the enclosure. The skunk cage is higher up and it is empty right now. By this time the horses are calling me.......

Horses are grained, and while they are eating I go into the shop and feed the wild cats there. Once the horses are done, their pans are removed, they are lightly brushed, fly-sprayed, fly masks are put on them and they are let out into the pasture. Then it is mucking out of stalls, I don't keep a time sheet, I just do what has to be done. The stalls are roomy so it takes me about an hour to do both of them bring in new shavings, fill water tanks, and dispose of manure. I generally get back in the house about 9:00 where it is MY time and it is shower and coffee, and breakfast and winding down time with my cats.Then it is time to get on with my life which is my art, and my writing and the chores needed to do around here. Right now my biggest job is to get rid of about a 1/4 acre of wild blackberry bushes near the creek... Today, I am housebound with a flu of all things, so all the outside animals haven't been dealt with...yet..... But they will hopefully soon....

lacret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Ash! I actually already cheated (I feel so guilty). It was a moment of weakness at happy hour last night. But I'm back on the wagon. ;-Þ

ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I know it is hard! I did stop for 1 year then there was a family crisis and I was a wreck! I bummed one (dont know why) and to this day I have not stopped! I need to so bad! I will soon! Try and stay on the wagon! Best of luck!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW!!! I haven't been on for a couple days, because I have been so busy, and look what happens!!! Blue starts a wonderful thread, and I have two pages to read to catch up!!!

I loved reading all your posts!!

My mornings:

Weekdays:

Alarm goes off at 10 till 6 am
Cigarette
potty break

shower and dress (quickly)
brush teeth
fix hair a little
put on deoderant
put on some makeup

feed cats
grab jacket and head for the door at 6:30 am
Start work at 7

Weekends: (unless I have something planned for that day to do with my hubby or friends
Up whenever the heck I feel like it....(might be noon)

Cigarette
potty break
feed cats
Eat something
watch Tv
get bored....go back to bed.... LOL

repsukka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
May I tell you, how I could quit smoking?

It wasn't such a difficult job as I had thought (for 20 years of my life!!!) I had heard about the AA-people, who first admit that they need God or other "higher power" to help. So I prayed the Lord for to take the nicotine-dependence off, I gave myself wholly for the Lord, because I understood that never by my own power I couldn't become sober... So He did it! It was very easy with Him! Now I've been without cigarettes 6 years - without any troubles at all.
I'm sooooo happy!

And! my
is happy, too: he doesn't need to inhale any smoke at his home. I have my both hands free to caress him. And I am able to give him meal without getting smoke in to my or his eyes!

With satisfied, warm purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs from:

Repsukka