what is your kitties favorite treat...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
When he was little Mouse got to try a few different treats but turned his nose up at all but Thrive white fish snacks.  Thankfully as they are 100% fish freeze dried, and not too hard and jaggy like some of the freeze dried snacks I've bought,  he still gets them:  they don't seem to upset his dental routine and he can still manage them if his gums are a bit sore.  His other treats are his poultry flavoured enzyme toothpaste when he gets to lick it off the finger brush, and getting a drink of water from a syringe. 
  Funny boy.   

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My freezer is now 1/2 food for me, 1/2 for him. 

Treats update: 

Raw - anything - duck, rabbit, chicken wings

Dehydrated - duck wings, rabbit ears, buffalo liver snaps., chicken pieces (single ingred.)

Soft treats - Ziwi peak / My Little Lion - anything.

Sardine - 1/2 sardine once per week - treat and health combo

Kibble - Orijen Regional Red or Cat&Kitten. - 90% treat / 10% canned wet meal replacement for away from home times. 

Everything above is stored in freezer to prolong usage.  I need to get a dedicated freezer! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides what they get during the week, on Friday night, the sabbath eve, they get a pouch of royal canin. You should be able to hear nom nom nom right where you lot are at.

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I love that you let your cats celebrate Shabbat wtih you.  And of course, Royal Canin would be the perfect thing to do that.  I LOVE that idea and may adopt it with my two.  A very novel idea.  

kaitlyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Freeze dried meat (especially chicken and turkey) is popular with Elphaba, Galinda, and even our dog. 

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Temptations.

They weren't an issue until I had the bag nearby while I brushed her.  Last night she brought a bag from the other room that my husband had bought for our outside cat.  She was determined to open it.  She knew how to do it, she was working on that ziplock end and even got it to stand upright (maybe that was the trick?). 

I about died laughing while she was getting very frustrated and attacking the other end.  I finally took it away and found that DH didn't have it quite torn off to open anyway so I gave her 3 of her own Temptations.  The new ones were salmon so maybe the bag really smelled.  Poor girl wanted a cookie!

thisismallory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many kitties love Temptations.

I got some to give to Leeto shortly after we got her, and they made her stiiiiink! I chucked them because they made her smell so bad! Really...it was awful.

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some foods have affected Dandy that way (gave her an odor) but I never noticed it with Temptations.  They have so many flavors too and we usually limit it to about 3 so she doesn't eat a lot of them. Now if she gets a bag open (she was trying again today).

If only they put some of that stuff in her regular food - the Wellness Chicken and Beef or the Hound & Gatos flavors for instance.

Someone's going to get rich opening a Kitty Detox for Temptations.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We've never let the Three Amigos eat any kind of human food and never bought them treats.  I think they think the mice they bring in are their treats!!

The Newbies, however, are addicts when it comes to treats, they eat Friskies Party Mix like they haven't eaten in weeks.  I've just ordered some new treats, though, "We Pity the Kitties" by Three Dog Bakery, and am going to try to get them off the kitty crack and into something a bit healthier for them.   Hopefully they'll eat them!  

forever bart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had to give up and buy the big container of temptations my 3 boys love them lol
my little girl refused for awhile until everyone was getting some and she wanted to be nosy
now I have 4 temptation crack heads....lol

:rub: :rub: :rub:
Be careful with the Temptations treats, my old guy developed a severe fecal impaction after eating them for several months. I stopped the kitty crack and he's doing much better now.

minou-dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A subject I can participate in!

Minou loves Pet Greens Treats. They are semi-moist pellets made entirely in the USA. They contain wheat grass and depending on the flavor, tuna, salmon and chicken. She prefers the Salmon and Deep Sea Tuna. I give them to her when she asks. Usually just 3 pellets at a time, but she asks several times a day. They smell like hay to me, but she craves the taste and all the ingredients are wholesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alaina likes Feline Greenies Dental treats, but she's not obsessed with them - in fact, she doesn't even care when I miss a day of feeding her treats 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My Sammi loves and will eat only one treat.  The Purina Friskies Crispy Cheese Puffs and we are holding a very sad vigil over the last bag of those he will ever have.  The company discontinued them as of January 2014 due to not enough sales.  I have complained, begged, pleaded, and screamed at them over this (a real witch when it comes to my babies).  

I have shopped every store I could find and no one here has any of them.

Mickey will eat any treat that does not try to eat him first and I have my suspicions that if the treat did try to take a bite of him he would still nosh on it.  

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/16779/Friskies-Crispies-Cheese-Flavor-Puffs-Cat-Treats