what is your kitties favorite treat...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli has found something he likes even better than freeze-dried meat treats: Whiskas cat milk. He'd probably prefer heavy cream, but is quite happy to get some cat milk.

emandjee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't believe no one has mentioned bonito flakes! I don't give it very often these days though. I'm more like the others here into freeze dried treats:

Stella and Chewy's in Chicken, Turkey, and Duck (these could double as a meal by reconstituting them in with some water)

Northwest Naturals freeze dried lamb liver

Primal's freeze dried beef and salmon

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to buy multiple boxes of Cat-Sip,another brand of cat milk, until I realized that it really isn't good for cats...even if they like it a lot.  

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Temptations treast. But after this bag is gone. I am going to find something better for them. I am thinking of buying a smal bag of dry food to give as treats. Cheaper and better.
My cat LOVES the "Surfer's Delight" from Temptations. If I leave the bag in an area where he can reach it, he will meow at me, then knock the bag onto the floor and look at me like, "Come on, dude!"

He also likes those Pounce treats. Yeah, I realize neither of these are very good for him, but the rest of his diet is high-quality canned food, so hopefully it balances out.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whole Life Tail Mix Chicken -- it's a food topper/additive, quite expensive, but VERY high quality and they LOVE it!  They snork their food up when I mix this in.  We won a package in a contest one of our blogger friends offered, and I hope more people will seek it out and order it, so that maybe the price will go down a bit!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Any high quality dry food is good for treats if they eat mostly canned. My cats crave dry so they like it better as a treat than temptations. If you put both down they eat dry food by choice.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mogli has found something he likes even better than freeze-dried meat treats: Whiskas cat milk. He'd probably prefer heavy cream, but is quite happy to get some cat milk.
When I suggested that to my vet for my late lotto she said it's very fattening, like it mattered at this stage. He was hardly drinking. She told nr to carry on with Rescue which gave him enough liquid. I was hand feeding and was happy if hru finished one tin s day I Instead of 3.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll eat any treat I offer which is not often. They're very happy with their dry food, Go, has anybody heard of it? It's without cereals
And they get a little tin of schesir between them at night.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When I suggested that to my vet for my late lotto she said it's very fattening, like it mattered at this stage. He was hardly drinking. She told nr to carry on with Rescue which gave him enough liquid. I was hand feeding and was happy if hru finished one tin s day I Instead of 3.
It is fattening, so really something Mogli doesn't need, but we've found that giving him a little prevents him from going after the cream we put in our coffee. He gets a little bottle spread out over several days about once a month, and that replaces his usual evening snack of 10 pieces of kibble.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is fattening, so really something Mogli doesn't need, but we've found that giving him a little prevents him from going after the cream we put in our coffee. He gets a little bottle spread out over several days about once a month, and that replaces his usual evening snack of 10 pieces of kibble.
You put cream in your coffeeeee squeak?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purebites chicken, turkey, bison, duck
Orijen
Chicken, beef (from my meals)
Cheese.
i've switched my snick over from the very small amount of dry cat food she had gotten (less than 1/4 cup per day), to mostly freeze dried chicken and turkey treats with just as small an amount of kibble as i can get away with with her. snick is currently borderline diabetic, so the freeze dried treats that have no carbs in them whatsoever will hopefully help control her glucose level. snick loves these treats, and doesn't eat hardly any dry cat food these days -- probably no more than 1/12th of a cup, probably less than that. i'll find out snick's current glucose level from the blood work our vet will draw blood for tomorrow morning. i've been home testing snick's urine to check for glucose in it, and so far no glucose.

snick loves purebites and halo brand freeze dried chicken /turkey treats. we've just ordered some grandma lucy's and life essentials freeze dried chicken treats, which will arrive on tuesday, and i'll see how my girl likes those.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You put cream in your coffeeeee squeak?
Whipping cream, actually. Mogli lies in wait and bites into the lower part of the container so that he can lick it when it runs out of the holes.

bittykitty50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats love Temptations and Pet Green Treats too.

But what they love the most are Whiskas sticks. I tried another brand too (I don't remember the name) and they gobbled it down.
Has anyone else tried these?