what is your kitties favorite treat...

accordingly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Commercial cat treats may be the only thing my cat WON'T eat!

Wilson loves catching whatever we drop from the dinner table, and we're all vegetarians, so it's NOT the kind of stuff I want my carnivore eating.  Pasta, popcorn, potato chips of any flavor... he goes nuts for muffin, of all things, even though my understanding is cats can't even taste 'sweet'.

I stick to eggs and sometimes a little cheese as intentional treats, though.

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!  Those are the ones exactly and I will be getting an order sent tomorrow.  I needed to order them some cat food anyway and this will be a nice surprise and treat for Sammi who has had to watch Mickey get treats that he will not eat even when they are offered.  I have felt bad giving Mickey treats when Sammi will not eat them but they are always offered to him and it is his choice to leave them.  It just ends up with Mickey getting two treats.  Now I will get enough of the ones he likes and maybe have more time to find ones he will substitute for the ones he loves before we run out totally and they disappear from the market.  

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little cuddle monster likes Pounce moist chicken flavored treats. You know, the heart shaped ones. When i shake the can, she makes this face.
View media item 205700Lol she refuses the crunchy treats of any variety. Also, fish flavors are a no go. She likes sour cream, mashed potatoes, crackers, chips, green beans, and pretty much any kind of meat (chicken and bacon are her favorites). Come to think of it, the only food I've seen her turn down is fish and bread.

onlinefeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Spike loves those orange ice popsicles with the vanilla ice cream inside. Only the orange ones. He has a sweet tooth but these are his over all fave treats and he knows when I'm opening one. Sometimes he sits in front of the fridge and meows til I get one and there is no peace in that house if I am all out!

View media item 205497

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another treats update:

So, tonight I browsed around a Chinese supermarket.   Oh, the glory hole of 'novel' proteins!

I came home with raw duck gizzards and raw duck wings.   I gave him 1 gizzard which he promptly played with then chewed, followed by the smaller side of the duck wing (dang they're big).  He destroyed the wing with zest.  Much faster than a chicken wing, which makes me think duck bones are easier to manage.

It's also entertainment for me since he paws the wing off the plate, then braces the wing vertically between 2 paws and chews down to the floor.  Yum. 

They had some cow hooves, beef tongue (huge!), ox tail (huge!), and some interesting looking pork body parts that I'll have to try next time. There was also intestines which I took a pass on. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nom nom, nom.....lol

me being on a cattle ranch  we have the home grown my furry babies love it ( except the horses they get fresh when the garden goes in)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Commercial cat treats may be the only thing my cat WON'T eat
Wilson loves catching whatever we drop from the dinner table, and we're all vegetarians, so it's NOT the kind of stuff I want my carnivore eating.  Pasta,
popcorn, potato chips of any flavor... he goes nuts for muffin, of all things, even though my understanding is cats can't even taste 'sweet'
I stick to eggs and sometimes a little cheese as intentional treats, though.
If I'm eating cake whisky is on my knee for pieces which I give him. Not a lot and no chocolate of course. Blighty is not interested.

rebeccacceber

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girls favorite treats are also the Temptation cat treats, she has different variants of love for different flavors.

However, the "Dentabites" Chicken flavor are her absolute favorite.   I swear I hear her let out a shout of "Yay!"  in her meow when she notices the bag.

biancaboo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We give ours little pieces of prawns, Royal Canin treats, she loves Party Mix puffs (the Lobster and Steak Flavor), my husband will sneak her small pieces of prime rib from time to time. Sometimes she is naughty and steals from our plate such as chips, we have even caught her stealing mixed greens off our plates. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
every so often i give my snick chicken or turkey liver and heart, boiled then finely minced. she absolutely adores it!

i don't give snick any store bought cat treats because of her IBD.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've discovered a new treat, all.  It's called TAIL MIX by Whole Life Pet Products and it's the food topper, not the other treats.  This high-end delectable is made with organic chicken, cranberries, peas, carrots and other natural ingredients, flash-frozen and conveniently bagged.  Serve as is, moistened, moistened on dry food, or (as we do) mixed into high-quality wet food for cat-pleasing snorkability.  This has really gotten Rani, who's 17, going on her food; she doesn't stop until every morsel is contributing to her wellbeing!  And everycat else does likewise.  This product is not very easy to find, and it is quite expensive, but for something good and natural that is well loved by cats, I've never seen anything that compares.  
   Here is the link to find it online: http://www.catsuppliesandmore.com/product/CSM14-EAC5 and the company owner's name is Sarah.

Last edited: