What is your favourite breed of cat?

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really love the wedgehead Siamese and Oriental Shorthair for their personality, vocality, and their lovely, lovely, absolutely zero maintenance coats.

My favourite breed of big cat is the Florida Panther. I knew someone who had a small roadside zoo in Florida and he had a couple cats that were more receptive to me than him, so I often gave them their vitamins and such. Every time you tranquilise it is a risk to the animal. You're not really supposed to just go in and interact but I've always been really comfortable around cats. (Horses, however, scare the $#@& out of me.) The Florida Panther has it all; it's a shame they're so endangered and bottlenecked. They're small enough not to be too daunting, a really nice colour (would like a domestic cat this colour), and they can still meow and purr. I guess a lilac or ticked tabby lilac would be close, but it's not really the same.

I catch a lot of flak or my taste in cat colours, especially why I prefer a mountain lion over a white tiger, or these golden tigers they have now that everyone's obsessed with (and my spouse calls the colour of cat I want that I think is new and is close to a sepia "just a brown cat"!) so I made this. This is the family of cat colours I like best.

Florida_panther_(5164633394).jpg

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been fond of Maine Coones and Norwegian Forest Cats :)

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have a favorite, though if I absolutely HAD to pick I guess ragdoll would be a breed I say I find aesthetically pleasing to look at! I've never gotten a cat because of the breed though, always rescued or taken in strays we fell in love with lol

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm hooked on Persians & Himilayans. I have had 2 Persians and I am on my third Himalayan. Such neat personalities and I LOVE the fluff! Theo is growing his winter coat in now and I bet he will be gorgeous come December! This will be his second "adult" coat this year. So, it should be really fluffy. Lucky for me he LOVES the comb and bathing.

SAVANNALP

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Savannah cats but I’m slightly partial as my name is Savanna lol :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do love my Bengals ever much so however I've always dreamed of being owned by a siamese or oriential, in particular a Havana brown. 😍
I love the sleek slenderness, big ears and of cause the personalities of these beautiful cats, not to mention the meow!

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do love my Bengals ever much so however I've always dreamed of being owned by a siamese or oriential, in particular a Havana brown. 😍
I love the sleek slenderness, big ears and of cause the personalities of these beautiful cats, not to mention the meow!
Someone should cross in a Bengal or two and make rosetted and marbled Orientals as well as some snow Siamese.

Imagine the fully rosetted or even marbled on a chocolate cat with the Oriental head and body!

Not sure how playful these cats would be, however. I'm picturing them being born with rockets attached.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Someone should cross in a Bengal or two and make rosetted and marbled Orientals as well as some snow Siamese.

Imagine the fully rosetted or even marbled on a chocolate cat with the Oriental head and body!

Not sure how playful these cats would be, however. I'm picturing them being born with rockets attached.
Oh Yes!! They would be truly beautiful 😊

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Yes!! They would be truly beautiful 😊
Seems someone is already doing just this. I happen to think they're having a problem with making the ears look right. As of what they show, they're way too small still. Other than that they look like they're getting there.

https://www.facebook.com/novorianyRosettedTabby/?ref=py_cBut

Once I get going on Oriental Shorthairs, maybe we could still trade sometime. I'm trying my darndest to get at least one foundation cat that's either cinnamon or chocolate.

Picture this though...

Chocolate or cinnamon cat... marbled Bengal... plus charcoal.

"The Goodbye Bird and Kittycatcat's Special Dark Chocolate"

nerovega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Russian Blue is my fav followed closely by Abyssinians and Egyptians Maus. Wish i could have 1 of each lol.

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girls who I adore are rescued domestic short-hairs. One is a grey tabby and the other a tabbico with the best eyeliner ever. But if I ever got a purebred cat it would be a Russian Blue. Love their coat, their personality...everything!

tigerdove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love them all, but my favorite would probably be Persians. I have a black Persian with beautiful golden eyes :) her name is Frances and she is 14 years old

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of the cats I've shared my life with have been a particular breed, but when I was a pet sitter, I fell in love with an Abyssinian named Mercury. From the day I met him, he wrapped himself around my neck like a fur stole. I was tempted many times to bring him home, but didn't. 😉

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love all cats, but my personal favourites have to be Scottish folds or Blue point Siamese. Although I’m really intrigued and wish to one day own a Sphinx.

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I could never bring myself to buy a purebred and will probably only ever have whatever kitty that just kind of shows up into my life and is in need of a good home. But I will admit that I am enamored with the looks of the Somali. I could be wrong, but I think they are just long haired Abyssinians that became a breed of their own. The breed allows for a few different coat colors all of which are just gorgeous. 🥰 I am partial to the standard red color though. I love the black stripe and how they kind of look like a fox. 🦊

Orange-Long-Hair-Somali-Cat-Sitting.jpg
7b83beeb3d59d996b93e82fe3a57956e.jpg
Silver-Somali-Cat.jpg
Blue Somali.jpg
Somali-Full-Body.jpg
Fawn-Somali-Cat-Picture.jpg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never bring myself to buy a purebred and will probably only ever have whatever kitty that just kind of shows up into my life and is in need of a good home. But I will admit that I am enamored with the looks of the Somali. I could be wrong, but I think they are just long haired Abyssinians that became a breed of their own. The breed allows for a few different coat colors all of which are just gorgeous. 🥰 I am partial to the standard red color though. I love the black stripe and how they kind of look like a fox. 🦊

View attachment 354482View attachment 354483View attachment 354484View attachment 354485View attachment 354487View attachment 354486ti
Beautiful! I have never seen those guys before, now I want one.