What is your favorite...

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate most of the christmas songs, but there's this one specific live performance I like a lot: a finnish singer J-P Leppäluoto singing a song called Tonttu (means 'elf' in english, or actually a gnome, because those are what we "have" here instead). He has so amazing voice, and he's nice to watch too...

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Secular: Silver Bells, Winter Wonderland

Religious: O Holy Night, Do you Hear what I Hear?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Christmas song. My fav is Andy Williams' It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Fav religious song is O' Holy Night
Made a mistake here, my fav Christmas song is the The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Willaims This song always puts me in the holiday mood.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's probably because of the snow we've had this week, but I keep hearing "Sleigh Ride" in my head (and now I want to go on an actual sleigh ride!).

I agree, though, that "O Holy Night" is one of the best as far as church songs go.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Beautiful Star of Bethleham" - (The Judd's version) is my absolute favorite!

I also love:

"Happy Christmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon
"The Holly and the Ivy"
"O Holy Night"
"Welcome To Our World" - I've sang this one about a million times in Christmas shows, but it never gets old- I love the words and meaning behind it.

And since I'm a Memphis native, I have to say my favorite Christmas CD is Elvis's Christmas Album

Every Christmas, my cousin James and I break out our guitars and usually sing/play for everyone. Cheesy, but fun!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Every Christmas, my cousin James and I break out our guitars and usually sing/play for everyone. Cheesy, but fun!
When my cousins and whole extended family on my mom's side got together in Fresno, CA, there was usually my aunt Joann at the organ and we all sang carols... then one branch of the family was all really musical and broke out their brass instruments... all kinds of horns... five kids and one dad (the mom in that clan was Aunt Joann) all playing Christmas songs in harmony...

cousins all gathering together and playing music for family is not cheesy... I'm really the only musical one in my branch of the family... my mom was, but she doesn't do anything anymore. I'll inherit all the sheet music and instruments from my part of the family. I already have my flute and recorder... once i can afford it (and have room) I'll also get the spinet piano.

I wish I had more musical family...

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok....I love The Twelve Pains of Christmas. I makes me laugh so much. I also like the Peanuts song.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new favorite Christmas song, and maybe you know it.......
Toy Jackpot by Blackalicious...if you listen to the entire song, some really great lyrics!
Thank you Target for some awesome commercials this year!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Secular:
Twelve Days from Christmas - Nestor Pistor
Jingle Hells Bells, Butt Cracker Suite, Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire - Bob Rivers
Redneck 12 Days - Foxworthy
Santa Claus is Watching You - Ray Stevens
In short, any spoof of the trite songs

Religous:
Silent Night
O Come All Ye Faithful
Joy to the World (although it is really an Avent hymn)
The Bells of Christmas
O Come, Little Children
O Though Joyful Day
O Holy Night