What is your favorite cereal?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are mostly very healthy, hearty, whole grain, low or no sugar (don't care for sweets much).
I am not a huge cereal fan but I do love to snack on it sometimes from the box, like you would a bag of chips.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like cereals with honey (like Honeycomb) or lots of sugar (like Frosted Flakes)

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Mine are mostly very healthy, hearty, whole grain, low or no sugar (don't care for sweets much).
I am not a huge cereal fan but I do love to snack on it sometimes from the box, like you would a bag of chips.
I tend to go for the healthier cereals too. I figure if I'm going to eat a cereal like cocoa puffs or the like I might as well forget about it and eat cookies or donuts, or something that actually tastes good, the whole point of eating cereal as opposed to a donut is to get grains and fiber in the morning ..
Lately I've been eating raisin bran

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold cereals--Frosted Miniwheats, Special K Red Berries, Kashi with the dried blueberries, and raisin bran. I rarely eat cold cereal, though.

Hot cereal--I like oatmeal, but mostly I eat a special mix I make with several Bob's Red Mill cereals. . .Scottish Porridge, the high fiber mix, and the 10-grain mix. And do grits count? I like to make grits with garlic and cheddar cheese.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oatmeal is near the top of my list.

I also like Golden Grahams, Raisin Bran, Special K Red Berries, and Grape Nuts.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oatmeal sweetened with honey is my favorite. The cooked kind, not instant. I also eat a lot of Total because I have a problem keeping my iron up and Total provides 100 percent of the RDA.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Kashi's Autumn Wheat its taste like a better shredded wheat.

I also like some of trader joe's granolas.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For a treat, DH will get a box of Honey Bunches of Oats Raisin Medley or some Raisin Bran. Just for a treat as we don't usually have cold cereal in the house anymore. For breakfast, he will eat a bowl of instant oatmeal. If I want something (which is rare), I'll make a bowl of regular oatmeal with skim milk...sometimes for a treat, I'll throw in some blueberries.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really eat cereal all that much. But I do like:
Lucky Charms
Magic Stars
Frosted Mini-Wheats
Trix
Cap'n Crunch

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer Honey Bunches of Oats (with Almonds). Great for a meal or snack.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that I like a lot of the "junk" food type cereals, too. I just don't eat them much anymore. I can't remember the last time I had some Cap'n Crunch or one of the "monster" cereals. I also love, love, love, love cream of wheat. I even like grits.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would live off of cold cereal if I could...

I love Multi-Grain Cheerios, Wheaties, Grape Nuts, Frosted Mini Wheats, anything Kashi, granola... And the new-ish Chocolate Cheerios are fabulous, I try to convince myself that they are healthy...

Sweet cereals I do try to stay away from, since they have zero nutritional value, but Reese's Puffs, Cocoa Puffs, and Crunch Berries are among my favorite guilty pleasures, and I could eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch 'til the cows come home.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not very good about getting breakfast in on a daily basis, but I do try to -- especially when trying to keep my weight up or gain. And, I almost always have cereals in the house to eat either as a meal or snack.

For cold cereal, I like the following:
Cheerios (Original, Honey Nut, and Multi-grain)
Special K
Rice Chex
Shredded Wheat (Frosted Big Bites)

For hot cereal, I like the following:
Oatmeal (sweetened with honey or brown sugar and cinnamon)
Cream of Wheat (sweetened with brown sugar and honey)

I also like Trader Joe's granola, but I don't eat it that often.