What is your favorite cat product?

Ravynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whether it's a toy, grooming tool, cat furniture, things around the house, or any hacks/DIY... what is your favorite cat product?

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Armarkat cave beds. Each of my five cats has one and they wash well and last forever. I also buy several a year for our rescue. Feral/semi-feral kittens love them. And sometimes I can't resist sending one home with a special kitty. I remember an older cat one of our volunteers had worked years to bring in from the outside. When I gave him the cat cave he just relaxed and only came out to eat and use the litter box. He allowed me to pick him up within days (only his rescuer had been able to touch him!) When he was adopted a few weeks later, I sent him home with his bed.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i misread the thread .. oops ... anyway my favorite cat products are the cat brush that i bought from amazon , i cant come up with much anything else lol

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ichimodajin hair cleaner.... Lint rollers do almost nothing on my fabric surfaces but this square rolls up the cat hair easily with minimal damage to the fabric! I have a long hair cat and use this weekly to clean the pillowcases, sofa, bench, etc fabric surfaces he hangs out on. I bought the thing 4 years ago and it barely has any wear on it. Could prob use it for the next 10 years!

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Litter Genie is my favorite for litter disposal. I have been buying the generic refills but Amazon has pulled the knock offs. For a while I bought the Firik version directly from their site but now that’s pulled. However, I saw that Target is selling an Up and Up (their home brand) version of the refills. I’ll give those a try once I run low on the Firik refills.

I remember as a kid scooping into grocery bags and it was awful!

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a bunch of favorites lol.

I'll second the Litter Genie. That is by far the best thing I've purchased for my cats.

I also love the metal litter scoop I got at Target. It's "non stick" (not perfect but much better than plastic) and no chance of flinging litter from flimsy plastic. It fits in the Litter Genie scoop holder too.

Not technically a cat product but I use an oversized rubber backed doormat under the litter boxes. It has grooves to trap litter and all I have to do is vacuum every once in awhile. It keeps the litter off the hard flooring. I got one of those litter mats with the holes that you can separate and pour litter back into the box but the cats don't like stepping on it so they jump out onto the rug instead most of the time.

I also second the Pet Fit for Life wand someone else mentioned. My girls love that! Their absolute favorite is the Cat Charmer wand though. Contessa is shy but even she will run after the wand every time I pull it out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VPFC8C/?tag=thecatsite

I'll third the recommendation for a greyhound comb. I have a cheap version I bought at Walmart and it works very well. Both of my girls like it and it grabs and pulls out hair easily. I usually use the Kong Zoom Groom first and then follow up with the greyhound comb.

My girls don't like cardboard boxes for some reason but they LOVE the cardboard houses you can get at Target and Walmart. I have 2 in my office and 2 in the living room and they all get plenty of use. Sometimes they'll even choose the houses over laying in a sunny spot in the window.

I'm sure I could come up with more things if I think about it more lol.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those inexpensive corrugated cardboard scratchers at Walmart. They have saved my furniture, and are the only thing my cats use daily.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On the subject of litter items, this litter mat is awesome. It actually picks up most of the litter that my cat gets on her feet. I throw the excess litter caught by the mat right back into the box. I use Dr. Elsey’s Ultra litter btw.

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On the subject of litter items, this litter mat is awesome. It actually picks up most of the litter that my cat gets on her feet. I throw the excess litter caught by the mat right back into the box. I use Dr. Elsey’s Ultra litter btw.

That's the mat I got that my cats don't like. They are declawed (by former owners, I would NEVER do that) so I think their paws are just more sensitive to the material. Sometimes they walk on it, sometimes they won't but they generally prefer not to from what I've seen.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for nowmy favorite cat product would be the vet and the staff working there just really like how they handle,treat their animal patients etc. :lol:plus its right next door to a good doughnutt shop i go into while graycie is being seen with a group of old nam vets always hanging out there to talk with after i buy some munchies to share with em:lol:

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely the litter mat TardisDance TardisDance mentioned. I don't know how I coped before that. Now I only need to find one that can cover half of my bathroom. They make such stuff so small, like the litter boxes that suppose the cat peacefully sits, tranquilly covers with one paw and gracefully moves along...

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
jersharocks jersharocks , my cat has claws and it took her about a week to get used to it. I used to use the foam litter mats by Fresh Kitty but the chunks of material slowly flaked off. I think she was scratching the foam, so maybe it would be a better choice for declawed cats. It’s very soft.

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The SleekEz comb! It was originally marketed as a horse comb but now they sell smaller "cat sized" ones. It's the only comb/brush my girls will tolerate a thorough brushing with.

Bumble21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Their ‘look out tower’ in the back garden. It’s a two tier shelter that is covered on three sides and open on one. Keeps them dry when it rains and they love sitting in it, especially now it’s been upgraded with cushions. My dad made it for them because similar structures weren’t quite right and cost a lot of money!!