What is your favorite book genre?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1665063622620.png

I like thrillers and historical novels, along with general fiction. Also like biographies, and books about animals.

Curious to see what other TCS members like to read, as it will help us choose future books for the TCS book club.

And keeping with the topic of the book club, since October is "choose your own book" month, if you're currently reading something, stop on by the thread and join us.
October 2022 book of the month club - 3 year anniversary - Choose Your Own Book

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love fantasy! Both the swords and sorcery sort like A Song of Ice and Fire, and more modern like vampires in the modern world types. I also like historical fiction, romance, YA literature, and things with a humorous bent.

These days I mostly read board books, though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used to rent audiobooks the category I listened to the most was “contemporary women”. These weren’t romances, but family and relationship stories. I did venture into other categories, like mysteries so long as they weren’t about murders or other very negative stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably Historical-Regency Romance but it MUST be clean. No “bodice rippers” for me please. :nono::lol: Other historical periods are also very enjoyable.

I get in moods for contemporary and western historical/prairie too. A little mystery is good but not full on suspense.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mysteries, biography, true crime and similar nonfiction. Just finished the latest from C.J.Box, Treasure State. I was good. It was inspired by Forrest Fenn's treasure hunt in the Rockies several decades ago.
Both treasures were found.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a lot of historical (fiction and non fiction alike) novels, but also romance, thriller and crime books. I have a rather varied taste really - I tend to read whatever is best selling and what seems interesting from the blurb. I'm reading a historical fiction book at the moment.