What is Your Cat Obsessed With?

Maggiez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boy Loki loves eating my palm tree plant lol I've grow catnip and wheat grass for him. He eat both but wouldn't spare my poor palm plant. After he almost went through a medium-size plant, I started to buy smaller pots for him so the bigger one won't die. And he went through one pot every two weeks!

When I just adopted him: 6 weeks later: (same palm, 1/3 of the size...)

Aglaya Felipe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Phoebe loves being held, specifically in the kitchen. It doesn't have to do with preparing food or getting on the counter either. If we're in the kitchen she just meows and paws at our legs until we pick her up, then she just hangs out there. Holds on if you try to put her down. It makes it hard to cook! While she's still skittish of new people, when we're walking on the lead, she literally tries to walk up everyone's front walk and steps, as if to say- "let's see who lives here!" Other than that, her and her sister Aglaya both return to trying to rip the giant geological map of the US off the wall in the hall AND with a house full of toys, love ripping the filter out of the top of their litter box and tearing it apart. Aglaya is obsessed with me. Meows at the door when I leave, follows me from room to room. Sleeps in my lap nearly all day while I work, waking up periodically to give me kisses and demand pets.

HouseTigerMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kyara has a thing for ponytail holders... she will steal them from anywhere! She's actually stolen one from my bathrobe pocket while I was sleeping!
Her other "fetish" is zip ties! It's a newer one. I had left a pack on my desk, but I found some on the floor. Picked them up and put them back. Couple days later I see Kyara up on my desk, apparently trying to get at something. Curious I watched her. When she hopped down, she had a zip tie! She'd been getting up on my desk and stealing them!!
I now keep them secured, but she still had a couple that she beats up on a regular basis!

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Paper bags from food deliveries! I carefully remove any staples and ensure there's no grease or anything, then leave the bag on the floor. She walks into the bag sniffing deeply (sometimes fitting is a feat for her 15.5-lb self). Currently, she is snoozing on tonight's delivery paper bag.

:sleepycat:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going out on the catio. Remy paws at the windows to let me know he wants to go outside, but I don't always let them out because I'm either not going to be around to watch them or I have the AC or heat on. The catio is fenced in, but Flora scales up the side and I have to be nearby to yell at her when she does it. I really need to put a cover on the top soon.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats has a toy called Blue Mouse. Its a blue toy mouse, and he loves it and carries it everywhere. Its kind of falling apart now he's had it for five months, its fur is falling off, its tail is missing and it doesnt look very mouse like. I bought a pack of 36 of them on Amazon (in six different colours), he likes them, but prefers the original the best.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton's newest obsession is socks. 🧦 He doesn't chew on them but he loves to lay on them. If anyone leaves their socks on the floor he covets them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie is obsessed with springs that she got for her birthday in March. Every day (sometimes multiple times a day) I have to do a scavenger hunt in the kitchen, living room, and rec room looking for all her springs that she has decided to knock under stuff.

Every day I find springs underneath the stove, the fridge, the TV stand, the couch and chair in the living room and the sectional couch in the rec room.

Every day I collect all the springs and return them to the toy box.

And immediately goes and starts the process all over again by picking out each spring and batting it to wherever she wants to eventually bat it under something.

AelitaJezebelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hair ties. My poor roommate keeps losing them because she's constantly stealing them out of her room. 😸 They're all she plays with, all day every day. At night she'll bring one with her onto my bed and play with it while I'm trying to sleep. She also likes to play with an old bracelet of mine that I've pretty much just accepted is her toy now. Clearly she has a favorite shape.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harvey is obsessed with hunting. Miriam is obsessed with belly rubs. Oscar is obsessed with feather toys. Cali is obsessed with dry food. Felix is obsessed with me.