What is Your Cat Obsessed With?

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rocket is obsessed with her own place in the world. I know, weird but she has very clear ideas about where things should be and what should happen. Let me try to explain..... if someone or something is out of place, she gets upset. Things must happen at the correct time in the correct order. Or she will just sit and stare until things are "right" again. Or she will try to put things back where they belong by dragging them or chasing them depending on what/who.

For example, I go to bed around the same time. If I stay up late she just sits and stares at me until I go to bed (unless I am somewhere where she can sit on me and go to bed on my lap, that seems to be acceptable). If her brother isn't where she wants him to be, in what she considers her spot, she will chase him. If we move furniture around significantly she will spray it. At dinner time she does the same headbutting her brothers for grooming while I prep then expects her dish to be in the same spot or she will just go to the spot and wait. For all that, she is somehow the cat who does the best with strangers in the household but she sits and stares at them too until they leave.
Iron paw!
Minish tries telekinesis on me (humaaaann gooo tooo the kitchen and bring out my foooooooodd..) it's so funny (until I learned not to freak out by those saucers)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Iron paw!
Minish tries telekinesis on me (humaaaann gooo tooo the kitchen and bring out my foooooooodd..) it's so funny (until I learned not to freak out by those saucers)
20210411_064002.jpg

Just like this. Hyper focused (or falling asleep in standing) for as long as 45 minutes without much movement. Usually around the 45 minutes waiting mark she will circle to see if someone else is ready, grab a bite, then return to start again . She once did sit by a bookshelf she cornered a little mouse at for 12 hours straight. Rocket defines patience.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis is a plastic FREAKIE. He loves to lick and chew on plastic. Of course I run interference when I open the cat food cupboard and he come running up for a lick.
In the other cat food cupboard is a plastic bag containing a small round tin. If he can, he will get this and put it on the ground, nosing, clawing and chewing. Why? *SILVERVINE. PURE SILVERVINE.*
Juniper_Junebug Juniper_Junebug Without a doubt, you have the weirdest cat there is. Every cat ever runs FROM the vacuum. Your cat and our angel Calo have vacuum love in common, though. Calo LOVED being vacuumed with the hose attachment with the brush on the end. LOVED it.:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Juniper_Junebug Juniper_Junebug Without a doubt, you have the weirdest cat there is. Every cat ever runs FROM the vacuum. Your cat and our angel Calo have vacuum love in common, though. Calo LOVED being vacuumed with the hose attachment with the brush on the end. LOVED it.:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:
My Juno also likes my blender. And it's so loud that it even bothers me.

I haven't tried tried vacuuming Juno. I think a little 😈 just landed on my shoulder....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Juno also likes my blender. And it's so loud that it even bothers me.

I haven't tried tried vacuuming Juno. I think a little 😈 just landed on my shoulder....
TRY IT. By all means! If she loves the vacuum by itself, she'll probably love the brush attachment, too.
*Flushing toilets???* :lolup:

Kiyangoin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He likes to watch the toilet flush. Its kind of gross but anytime either of us are peeing, he pushes open the door and waits for us to be done so he can stand up and observe the swirling water. Every time. I have to block the door so he doesn't come in while I'm going #2. That's a line I'm not willing to cross.

Leonivy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He likes to watch the toilet flush. Its kind of gross but anytime either of us are peeing, he pushes open the door and waits for us to be done so he can stand up and observe the swirling water. Every time. I have to block the door so he doesn't come in while I'm going #2. That's a line I'm not willing to cross.
Ivy likes to try and catch my dads pee stream. Sometimes she catches more than the stream...